Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

An honest verdict

Here is Ian Dowie''s Post Match Verdict::

"You''ve got to give credit to Watford because over the two legs they have deserved to go through," said the Eagles boss.

"We huffed and puffed but they were resolute and dogged and deserve to go through.

"Going out is not down to my players, it''s down to me. I''m the manager and I take responsibility for what''s happened."

Not something I have ever heard Nigel Worthington even come close to saying, he is always right, especially when playing Left Backs in Central Midfield.  Unsackable and Inept, how far have we fallen as a club.  This club was built on togetherness and loyalty...  Well a lack of loyalty from the manager to many of our good profesionals has cost us, and blind loyalty from a weak board is costing us even more. And in the midst of all this the togetherness is well and truely finished with.

WHAT A DISGRACE.

You will never hear Nigel say anything like that because as your title suggests its "an honest verdict" not something our Nigel is exactly!! All credit to Iain Dowie thought his interview was great and today I read that he has asked that Aidy Boothroyd does not be banned from the touchline in the final.  Seems like a nice fella.

Yep well done to Dowie for taking the blame and recognizing a better team. And good on him for trying to get Boothroyd out of a ban, common sense if ever I saw any.

I agree that it shows a greater sense of responsibility than Worthington, but honesty, no. Of course it is also down to the players - how can it possibly be solely down to him. I''m not a fan of Worthington, and I am very possibly wrong, but to me this sounds like a statement intended to invoke exactly the sort of reaction displayed in this thread. So, if anything I think his interview is more shrewd than it is honest - which actually isn''t a bad thing in a football manager. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Here is Ian Dowie''s Post Match Verdict::

"You''ve got to give credit to Watford because over the two legs they have deserved to go through," said the Eagles boss.

"We huffed and puffed but they were resolute and dogged and deserve to go through.

"Going out is not down to my players, it''s down to me. I''m the manager and I take responsibility for what''s happened."

Not something I have ever heard Nigel Worthington even come close to saying, he is always right, especially when playing Left Backs in Central Midfield.  Unsackable and Inept, how far have we fallen as a club.  This club was built on togetherness and loyalty...  Well a lack of loyalty from the manager to many of our good profesionals has cost us, and blind loyalty from a weak board is costing us even more. And in the midst of all this the togetherness is well and truely finished with.

WHAT A DISGRACE.

[/quote]No what is a disgrace is the fact that you love to say things as fact when they are not! You say that Worthington says he is always right - since when? I would like to see an exact quote thank you very much. You also say that Worthington never says he was the one to blame, so he never said that the club has had a bad season himself included? No, that article the pinkun reported was obviously just a huge illusion that it seems thousands of people saw!Throughout this season Worthington has said things like "I am standing up to be counted and its about time that the players did the same." "I am just as frustrated as the fans." "The fans are aloud to have their opinion - things are not going as well as they should be so I expect that some fans will not be happy.".I think that should you actually bother to take notice of comments like that along with comments along with Luton, QPR and Preston away I think you will find that what you are doing is an inredibly good impression of a very bad prossecution that undermines its own evidence by not taking other evidence into account.CJF - I have requested that you take the blame for some of this rediculous attitude on here and I have never seen you take it. But some of your posts are literally slanderous and only mention half truths without taking into account the rest of the story.I think Dowie was literally trying to ease pressure off his players because if you take other clubs, Leeds, West Ham, our very own Norwich he has seen what happens when the fans turn against the players and he knows he has a lot of respect with the fans and can take a certain amount of damage where booing players would not help the club try to keep their stars.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

Of course it is also down to the players - how can it possibly be solely down to him.

[/quote]

Not entirely true Mac.  He is responsible for the players, so if they don''t perform it is his responsibility.  As has been said before, he signs them, he coaches them, he picks the team, its his tactics, his influence, his substitutions  it is his job to restore confidence after defeats and motivate the side when things are going wrong, to get the side playing as he wishes.  This playing side of a football club is his responsibility, thats what the job is about, thats why he get''s paid £500,000 a year.

Every so often you get a side ala Newcastle a few years ago, where boozing pervaded and spice boy culture and dressing room splits were happening.  Often this isnt always the fault of the manager as youngsters with huge pay checks are liable to take the wrong path.  But even then the manager often carrys the can (Bobby Robson).  And financial constraints can affect the ability of a manager to get the right players for his club.

Other than that the team is solely the managers responsibility.

I like the way whenever you challenge me to produce evidence, I produce it and you never reply again chicken, and then on another point you will challenge for evidence yet again in fact in every post I make. Such as in the simon charlton playing midfield for example... and Southamptons clearout of players.... 

Anyway Nigel Worthington was Heavily critisesed for his Preston comments both on radio and in the press.

On radio Norfolk Chris Goreham even made a remark implying he wasnt sure what kind of match worthy was watching, after his Preston post match comments left everybody dumbfounded - including some of the national press!!

And I can categorically say I cannot remember Nigel Worthington truely take responsibility, or admit a mistake in all the time he has been here.  He has blamed the players time and time again - especially the better players, he has moaned about the fans, but nothing is ever his fault.

CJF, I am totally in agreement with you that his remarks show more class than Worthington''s general tripe and of course it is his responsibility to field the correct team etc. I am just adding that I think that his comments regarding it being entirely his fault are also clever as well as showing greater class. So, although I didn''t make myself very clear, I am in complete agreement with you and am just pointing out that rather than simply being honest, he also appears to be a lot more shrewd than our manager who simply can''t see the potential for gaining respect in ''fessing up and and shouldering all of the blame.     

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]CJF, I am totally in agreement with you that his remarks show more class than Worthington''s general tripe and of course it is his responsibility to field the correct team etc. I am just adding that I think that his comments regarding it being entirely his fault are also clever as well as showing greater class. So, although I didn''t make myself very clear, I am in complete agreement with you and am just pointing out that rather than simply being honest, he also appears to be a lot more shrewd than our manager who simply can''t see the potential for gaining respect in ''fessing up and and shouldering all of the blame.     [/quote]

actually I see where your initial comment is coming from, and agree totally with you.  Dowie is saying this to take the flak they may go to the players.  He obviously trusts in them and sees it as his fault and does not want to see the fans get on the back of his players. 

If you are going to blame anybody blame me is his challenge to the fans.  As most of them feel he is doing a great job, thus the pressure is taken out of the defeat, however disappointing it may be to them. As we well know, the play-offs are no garuantee of promotion.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And I can categorically say I cannot remember Nigel Worthington truely take responsibility, or admit a mistake in all the time he has been here.  He has blamed the players time and time again - especially the better players, he has moaned about the fans, but nothing is ever his fault.

[/quote]You don''t remember - great!As for blaming the players time and time again - I think you will find that actually that has only happened in the last season or so after people like yourself came on here bemoaning his post match comments which tended to deflect any element of blame and tended to be "I think we worked hard and deserved more but were just not good enough on the day". Do you not remember that? And again he has only moaned about the fans this season - the funny thing is he didnt moan about them slagging him off if you pay attention. He asked that they stop barracking players and the team, questions about his tenure were expected and he understands that the fans will have mixed opinions on that although he believes rightly or wrongly that that opinion is in a minority.And again he may not come out with its all my fault - I am the one to blame but then I don''t think its arrogance. I think its his approach to the game. Dowie sees himself more as a general commanding his team where as I always thought that Worthington always saw himself as more of a second non-playing captain. More a part of the team than a seperate entity.Yes he did dumbfound people with his Preston comments at the time but in comments since he has refered to it as one of the worsed performances alongside the others. Perhaps again he was trying to take one for the players. Thats why I admire him - he tries to take the pressure away from them and has done so constantly throughout his tenure because he realises that a team only plays well with confidence. This season has been one where he has been unable to handle the amount of barracking.As for letting players go out binge drinking and the like. How many examples of the opposite do you want. It is well known that he works the players hard for fitness and health, Iwan kept saying that all of the time. And then you have the Kentons, Mulrynes and McVeighs of this world - Kenton the most obvious where he was punnished for breaking curfew which most clubs have where they are not allowed to be in a pub/bar/club 24 hours before a match.And yes in the past I have not commented on you examples of evidence - but that is because I have asked for them because there are just as many examples of instances if not more where you base your stated as fact opinions on very little quite often nothing more than assumption. As for the Southampton comments, I think you will find that although Rednap did not play a squad of youngsters it was him that realised that youth was needed - Walcott played regularily untill January, and now other youngsters of theirs are being linked to premiership clubs (Ball their left back I think). Yes well done to Burley but my point was pretty straight forward - his position at the moment was made a lot easier by Harrys work which lead to youngsters being used and becoming reliable along with the sale of Walcott.And I don''t think I ever denied that Charlton played in midfield I merely suggested that other players were out injured or out of form at the time. And obviously he wasnt played in a five man midfield as an extra attacking option although he did score once, more of an advanced sweeper, which worked. Playing him out left was a bid mistake but as I said before wasnt that when Hux was out?And yes I admit to being wrong - I have held my hands up on here before and said I am proven wrong. But as of yet you are exactly what you are accusing Worthington of being.To take 1st Wiz words - the quality of posts and posters could be seen to be getting worse - why not prove him wrong? We are not screaming from the barclay now. You dont need to sound more sensationalits to be heard.

[quote user="chicken"]

And again he may not come out with its all my fault - I am the one to blame but then I don''t think its arrogance. I think its his approach to the game. Dowie sees himself more as a general commanding his team where as I always thought that Worthington always saw himself as more of a second non-playing captain. More a part of the team than a seperate entity.

And yes in the past I have not commented on you examples of evidence - but that is because I have asked for them because there are just as many examples of instances if not more where you base your stated as fact opinions on very little quite often nothing more than assumption. As for the Southampton comments, I think you will find that although Rednap did not play a squad of youngsters it was him that realised that youth was needed - Walcott played regularily untill January, and now other youngsters of theirs are being linked to premiership clubs (Ball their left back I think). Yes well done to Burley but my point was pretty straight forward - his position at the moment was made a lot easier by Harrys work which lead to youngsters being used and becoming reliable along with the sale of Walcott.

And I don''t think I ever denied that Charlton played in midfield I merely suggested that other players were out injured or out of form at the time. And obviously he wasnt played in a five man midfield as an extra attacking option although he did score once, more of an advanced sweeper, which worked. Playing him out left was a bid mistake but as I said before wasnt that when Hux was out?

And yes I admit to being wrong - I have held my hands up on here before and said I am proven wrong. But as of yet you are exactly what you are accusing Worthington of being.

To take 1st Wiz words - the quality of posts and posters could be seen to be getting worse - why not prove him wrong? We are not screaming from the barclay now. You dont need to sound more sensationalits to be heard.
[/quote]

well from Simon Charltons comments it appears he has his ''Scapegoats'' in his squad, team selections and players reguarly dropped with poor favoured players picked all the time seem to indicate this.

Harry didnt use youngsters whilst at southampton (Walcott apart) even Saint Canary backed me up on that.

You dont take one for the players by saying they played well when they didnt?? Fortunaltly we got to see a standard NCFC away game at burnley to show all the home fans what they were missing out on.

I agree with you the discipline at the club is not bad at all, a credit to Nigel, we dont appear to have too many drinkers amongst the ranks.

I have said it before and will say it again.  If he would learn from his mistakes he will improve as a manager and nobody would complain.  As it is, he repeats the same errors over and over again.  He sees these players in training apparantly??  You wouldnt beleive it!!!

Chicken, you really are making yourself look silly, I respect the fact you will defend Worthington to the hilt, but come on, we hardly ever get an honest post match assessment, just the same old spin and drivel, with an occassional side swipe at the fans, it has got to the point that Worthy does not need to go to post match interviews, he could play the same tape over and over again. 

Chicken

It seems that you would swear black is white in your defence of Worthington.

The fact is that Worthy has never in any interview or story in the paper acknowledged that he has made any mistakes over the last two seasons. When things have got really bad his response has been to say "you can lead a horse to water but you can''t make it drink" (actual quote) inplying that he is doing his job but is powerless to do anything about the fact that the players do not do what he tells them when they go on the pitch.

I wa also flabbergasted when at the AGM he was asked the direct question "what was the biggest mistake last season" and he answered "losing 6-0 at Fulham." What worries the me and other fans most is that Worthy does not learn from his mistakes as he genuinely does not appear to recognise that he is making them. At least if he would acknowledge them then he could do something about it.

Having said that I think Dowie''s quotes are also something of a pre-emptive strike to take the heat off his players and head off fan unrest.

Jim Smith wrote:

"I think Dowie''s quotes are also something of a pre-emptive strike to take the heat off his players and head off fan unrest."

I think Dowie - who I really respect as a manager - is taking the heat off his players before waving goodbye to Palace and the Championship. 

Where to?  Charlton?  Middlesborough?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Chicken, you really are making yourself look silly, I respect the fact you will defend Worthington to the hilt, but come on, we hardly ever get an honest post match assessment, just the same old spin and drivel, with an occassional side swipe at the fans, it has got to the point that Worthy does not need to go to post match interviews, he could play the same tape over and over again. [/quote]Am I? Sorry but I don''t particularily support Worthington I am just fed up with the drivel some people want to conjure up to throw at him.We are two good players away from a decent midfield, possibly a striker short - but if we have the quality in midfield then even the likes of Thorne should be able to play to their highest ability and do a job.The defence is again maybe short of two players one at right back which could well be Luis-Jean or a refreshed Colin and another centreback. Not that Doherty or Shackel arnt good enough - just that we need some real competition there. Obviously back up down the left too.I do believe that Worthington has had a bad season but then so have most of the players - its the first time that I think the player of the year has been reletively clear cut with only a couple of obvious contenders. But again I just get angry when people suggest that he always blames the team - which I will again say that this season is the first that he has done it consistantly and when he has done so it has been when people are calling for his head. I don''t think that he is not to blame but the way he does things is different to Dowie as I have also already said.Dowie seems to be very pally and matey with his players and very honest. Worthington comes from the more traditional school of managers who run the team more like a business manager would run a company. This introduces closeness of different kinds.And while I would always agree that Dowie is a better manager in many ways I would just point out that I wouldnt read much into his comments. It was after a one off sort of game - like a cup final. You could slag the players for lack of committment etc but then where would it get you? Its not going to fire them up for the next game. I know he went the extra yard and said that he made mistakes but again you can read into that in different ways.On one hand he could be saying that he got the tactics wrong which is down to him or he could be saying that he shouldnt have played some of the players because in the end they didnt have the heart for it which is in an indirect sort of way blaming the players.I think if Worthington can capture a few really good signings this summer we could be looking at a good season. Otherwise I think we will struggle and he will be gone by Christmas with the rest of the season handed to somebody else already allerted to the possibility that the job may well be vacated at some point during the next season.I have more faith in the board than I do Worthington. They have done everything in their power to maintain the good reputation that this club has and I truly believe that they have tried to keep it that way. Should they have sacked Worthington as soon as his head was called for it would have sent out the wrong message about this club - that when it gets tough and things dont go your way the fans will get on your case and the board wont back you.So when I am called a keep the faither I am in the sence that whilst my faith in the manager is anything but solid I do have the utmost faith in the board.If I was to want Worthington out for anything it would have to be for not using a little youth in the right places rather than the proven pros in the wrong places. So whilst you argue Charlton was played on the left wing ahead of players that may well have been fit I would argue that Worthington should have been brave and played a youngster there. Risks like that bring out the Chris Suttons or Craig Bellamys in players rather than turning them into the Cootes and Careys of this world who saw too much reserve action and never progressed as players.I would say that the squad management team included let the pressure and expectations of the fans encumber them before the season even started - something that was non-exhistant in our promotion campaign when there was much flowing football to be seen. This has effected new players settling in and the old ones getting back down to the basics. Worthington has a key role in this and it is at his door that the leadership of the team falls so I expect him to go into next season with fresh enthiusiasm - not to comment as much as this season, keep his head down and concentrate on getting the players we have to perform and be willing to take a couple of risks. Maclaren hasnt done too badley this season with his youngsters and they have had something like 18 have professional debutes this season we have had what - 3 if that?

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Chicken, you really are making yourself look silly, I respect the fact you will defend Worthington to the hilt, but come on, we hardly ever get an honest post match assessment, just the same old spin and drivel, with an occassional side swipe at the fans, it has got to the point that Worthy does not need to go to post match interviews, he could play the same tape over and over again. [/quote]

Exactly 100% correct.

How many times have the supporters/Adams said the game has been dire and Worthington has said we played well.

He is either blind, deluded or a liar.

If the KTF`s are wondering why a lot of people do not like him add this to the list.

He just does not give honest assessments of our performances.

Its like an Alcoholic. You have to first admit the problem before you can put it right.

I just believe a large majority of supporters have lost faith in Worthington and among those that havn`t seems to be a majority who think he should only be given

10-15 games next year to turn the ship around.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Chicken, you really are making yourself look silly, I respect the fact you will defend Worthington to the hilt, but come on, we hardly ever get an honest post match assessment, just the same old spin and drivel, with an occassional side swipe at the fans, it has got to the point that Worthy does not need to go to post match interviews, he could play the same tape over and over again. [/quote]

Exactly 100% correct.

How many times have the supporters/Adams said the game has been dire and Worthington has said we played well.

If the KTF`s are wondering why a lot of people do not like him add this to the list.

Its like an Alcoholic. You have to first admit the problem before you can put it right.

I just believe a large majority of supporters have lost faith in Worthington and among those that havn`t seems to be a majority who think he should only be given

[/quote]This is interesting in the sence that it has only become a regular thing for Worthington to publicly criticise the team and squad for their performances this season. Previoulsy it has been exactly what you have said USA. I agree that in the past too often he has given out the same post match comment with only the name of the opposition changing and perhaps another word here and there.This season he has time and time again asked the players to pull their fingers from their backsides and actually start playing as a team and come up with the goods. It has to be said that these message boards have been clamouring in the past for him to do this - and it forms part of my argument that this is hardly useable ammunition. It just goes to show how intollerant sections of our support are.Demonstrated by the fact that if he does something they don''t like they want the opposite - when the opposite is performed they don''t like that either. No doubt if Nigel has said that it was his fault that the whole season has been poor people would be saying that that is him admitting that he is no longer good enough and that he should go.So I think my point is well proven - what can he say that wouldnt get turned around by the witchhunters?And yes I may well look silly trying to do the honourable thing and actually work out theories and opinions before offering to give my support to them but then at least I don''t follow like a sheep. I am sorry if this offends but so far as CJF and the worthyout campaign goes - it has degraded into a tabloid style slur campaign with laughable comments and arguments. Calling me silly is fine I can handle that - I have been called far worse by the "whitch hunters" for the fact that although I may agree with their goal I don''t agree with the way that they willl do anything possible to achieve it. Its called having Principles and I understand that in this day and age that can sometimes be viewed as silly.

I agree with your sentiments, but in this case I think the comments about his post match interviews are justified. I have lost count of the number of non Norwich fans that have made comments to me about the same old rubbish that Nigel comes out with after games.  With all due respect every team in the league would be better if they added two decent midfielders, two decent defenders and a decent striker to their squad, the question is will we do it ?, I genuinely hope we do, it is the one crumb of comfort I hold on to from the wreckage of this season, that we will invest in some decent players for next season. 

Just cos the "melting man" is media friendly doesn''t make him a better manager than Nigel.

It''s football kids, not TV personality of the year. And Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Ericsson will ALWAYS defend their players, even after they''ve been absolutely dreadful.

And anyway, if you really believe that Nigel says the same thing to his players in the dressing room after the match that he says to Chris Goreham, you''re really, really gullible.

I don''t remember Kenny Dalglish quoting Shakespeare or Dickens in his post match interviews - in fact, the guy can barely speak English. George Burley, for example, also has nothing to say.

If you''re looking for a rope with which to hang Nigel, look elsewhere, because this is merely a futile attempt to swell popularity for your witch-hunt.

[quote user="Mook"]

If you''re looking for a rope with which to hang Nigel, look elsewhere, because this is merely a futile attempt to swell popularity for your witch-hunt.

[/quote]

The only rope that counts is on the pitch... and that is rope enough.  Not to mention the money down the drain.

Mook - Thanks for your enlightened insight, personally I am not looking for a rope to with which to hang Nigel. I think there is a big  difference between defending your players and talking nonsense. I view myself as a reasonable man, but when I hear some of the post match blarney I have to ask myself what the man is talking about, the expression "Don`t p*ss down my back and tell me it raining" springs to mind.

[quote user="Mook"]

Just cos the "melting man" is media friendly doesn''t make him a better manager than Nigel.

It''s football kids, not TV personality of the year. And Wenger, Ferguson, Mourinho, Ericsson will ALWAYS defend their players, even after they''ve been absolutely dreadful.

And anyway, if you really believe that Nigel says the same thing to his players in the dressing room after the match that he says to Chris Goreham, you''re really, really gullible.

I don''t remember Kenny Dalglish quoting Shakespeare or Dickens in his post match interviews - in fact, the guy can barely speak English. George Burley, for example, also has nothing to say.

[/quote]

Well said Mook.  It could be worse as well, at least he is not Glenn Hoddle. 

Lets be honest, Nigel is not comfortable with the media and I feel he see''s the post/pre match interviews a bit pointless and annoying and so would I.  If half an hour after being well and truly beaten by Reading, the last thing I would want to do is go and talk to someone who will ask, "So how do you think the team played?"

Lets give Worthy some credit though, at least he doesn''t blame the ref, linesman their families and dogs for losing as some managers do. 

No he blames 101 injuries , a Premiership hangover , Dean Ashton , Steve Foley , in fact anybody and anything , but  himself . The man is a walking joke , no other team would employ him and he knows it . As for Delia saying hes one of the brightest young managers around , well i can only think she had opened one bottle too many.

Lets give Worthy some credit though, at least he doesn''t blame the ref, linesman their families and dogs for losing as some managers do. 

No, your''e right; he doesn''t, Saint - he just blames 

• the state of the pitch,
  • the number of injuries and
  • the rub of the green (''if the ball had gone in, instead of hitting the post'', ''if we''d scored first, it would have been a different matter'' etc etc)......

I am aware that Nigel is uncomfortable with the media..........TOUGH! It comes as part of the job - and that''s why he is paid a substantial amount of dosh for doing so . Maybe he should on occasion, let Dougie ''scally'' Livermore do the post match de-brief. Now that would be a hoot! I also think Terry ''kit man'' Postle should be allowed to have a crack as well.

I''ll give Worthy credit regarding his refusal to blame the ref, linesman their families and dogs for losing as some managers do.........but then again, I''ve never seen or heard our Nigel blame himself - for the occasional duff performance or poor showing....I''m also curious as to why Nigel has never appeared on Anglia soccer night? Like Tilson, Parkinson and even Rob ''Desperate Dan lookalike'' Newman have done.

Since when has Nigel ever been a pundit on any programme, either televised or on the radio? Just curious..... 

If we really want a chuckle, we should employ Gordon Strachan purely on match days as an after-game speaker......I wonder if Roy Waller could handle him? ;~) 

Don''t get me wrong CJF, I would like to see the back of Nigel Worthington too, but his media-relaion skills have NOWT to do with his football management skills.

And Son of Bodecia, apologies for the rant, but every time I log on to this bloody forum the threads are like:

"Worthless''s fashion taste - why does he wear a tracksuit when all the great managers like Ron Atkinson or Carlton Palmer wear a sheepskin??? GET HIM OUT DELIA, THIS CANNOT BE TOLERATED!"

or

"(Stolen from another team''s official website) NW eats''s Pop Tarts, in this day and age? Surely everyone knows that porridge is the cereal for all great managers? FIRE HIM, HE HAS TO GO"

ie - irrelevant claptrap, much like this thread.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="USAcanary"]

Exactly 100% correct.

[/quote]

This is interesting in the sence that it has only become a regular thing for Worthington to publicly criticise the team and squad for their performances this season. Previoulsy it has been exactly what you have said USA. I agree that in the past too often he has given out the same post match comment with only the name of the opposition changing and perhaps another word here and there.

This season he has time and time again asked the players to pull their fingers from their backsides and actually start playing as a team and come up with the goods. It has to be said that these message boards have been clamouring in the past for him to do this - and it forms part of my argument that this is hardly useable ammunition. It just goes to show how intollerant sections of our support are.

Demonstrated by the fact that if he does something they don''t like they want the opposite - when the opposite is performed they don''t like that either. No doubt if Nigel has said that it was his fault that the whole season has been poor people would be saying that that is him admitting that he is no longer good enough and that he should go.

So I think my point is well proven - what can he say that wouldnt get turned around by the witchhunters?

And yes I may well look silly trying to do the honourable thing and actually work out theories and opinions before offering to give my support to them but then at least I don''t follow like a sheep. I am sorry if this offends but so far as CJF and the worthyout campaign goes - it has degraded into a tabloid style slur campaign with laughable comments and arguments. Calling me silly is fine I can handle that - I have been called far worse by the "whitch hunters" for the fact that although I may agree with their goal I don''t agree with the way that they willl do anything possible to achieve it. Its called having Principles and I understand that in this day and age that can sometimes be viewed as silly.
[/quote]

Your reply is very typical of those who support Worthington.

WO`s want to talk about the reasons for the failures and the poor performances.

KTF`s want to talk about WO`s bitching.

I would respect a KTF`s opinion more if they gave reason WHY they think Worthy can turn the ship around not harp on what happened 3 seasons ago.

(virtually every sacked manager has had past glory, it means nothing)

Please show us WHY you think Worthy is the right man for the job.

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]No he blames 101 injuries , a Premiership hangover , Dean Ashton , Steve Foley , in fact anybody and anything , but  himself . The man is a walking joke , no other team would employ him and he knows it . As for Delia saying hes one of the brightest young managers around , well i can only think she had opened one bottle too many.[/quote]Right injuries I would accept I seem to remember him mentioning it being a bit tough when Thorne, Jarvis, Ashton and MacKenzie were all out injured - but fair play to him I dont think he actually said that we are loosing because they are out injured. I think he said something more along the lines that its not great but its football and you have to do what you can with what you have.As for a premiership hangover - wasnt that Newman that talked about the premiership hangover? Dean Ashton - what? Steve Foley - I presume that this is based upon the decision to sack him because again I do not remember seeing anywhere or hearing for that matter, Nigel suggesting that the bad season was down to him.However I will go along with the fact that he has never come in emotional and upset saying that its all his fault, he should have played Hughes out on the left and not Charlton etc etc etc. Being a manager is bloody hard in that sense - who covers your back? No one. How many managers do a Dowie? Few. Infact I dont remember Fergusson ever admitting that it was his fault for any of the stupid blunders he has made. Take our win over them for example - there was no doubt that it was entirely his fault for trying to rest most of the team against us - I think he went very quiet on that one.So whilst I would agree with it - in context it is nothing unusual. And to a certain extent during the season he has at least suggested that the fans are welcome to hold their own opinion of him due to the results.Again I don''t think he has blamed the crowd as such - he has just asked for their support for the sake of team performances and he hasnt had a response really untill the end of the season.And again whilst the negativity was there - is it really a wise thing to do and come out with I was wrong?So at the end of the day although I may look "silly" as Mook says - there is nothing in this argument that bears a strong enough strand to use against Worthington.CJF - If you agree with Mook''s sentiments that people are clutching at straws when there is a haystack right next to you why is it that you are one of the main culprits for supporting and initiating the very type of post that you are agreeing are somewhat far fetched.At the end of the day - his post match speil does drop certain things and as I have said before - counter to this argument, people at the beggining of the season were suggesting that he should change his stance and give the team a good b*******g when they deserve it. They havent performed and he has done exactly that and the very same people are shocked and suggesting that a manager should never criticise their players - now people are back to suggesting he should never stick up for them!!! Hokey-cokey anyone?

[quote user="Mook"]

Don''t get me wrong CJF, I would like to see the back of Nigel Worthington too, but his media-relaion skills have NOWT to do with his football management skills.

[/quote]

I totally agree, which is why I said, the only rope that counts is on the pitch and transfer dealings off it.  However he doesnt help his cause with some of his media snippets, and his own column in the paper which is generally really worrying ''earn the right to play'' and ''the midfield is fine''  etc etc