Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why you must boycott Flybe merchandise.

Why buy items with the Flybe logo on, when they sponser two other clubs as well as us?.

Refuse to accept it.

If they also sponsored Ipswich, you would think twice, yes?.

When we play Southampton, maybe even Birmingham, you will have the farcial sight of both teams, and supporters, with the same logo on their merchandise.

Ludicrous.

I don''t see what the problem is. For a time ntl: sponsored both Celtic and Rangers at the same time, and they are the most bitter of rivals. Also don''t forget we could play Exeter City in the cup too...

Why do you think they will sponsor Ipswich?

Sorry mate but I have no idea what your on about. Just because Flybe sponsor Birmingham, Southampton and....Exeter doesn''t mean that should be the reason why we shouldn''t (if we want) to buy the stuff. Rangers and Celtic both had Carling and I''ve talked to a few of each sets of fans and they don''t care.

Flybe will give Norwich around £1.1 Million quid a year (I''ve Heard) so unless you''ve got £1.1 Million quid to give Norwich. It''s just sponsorship mate

To be honest I think the Flybe logo will look better on the shirt then your little Wizard! 

Wizard my old chum I don''t really have a problem with one company sponsoring several teams in the same league. Each contract is negotiated seperately. Each club gets cash and the sponsor gets media exposure, thats the deal. They are not supporters this is a simple business deal. To my mind its good to see a company keen to support football and understanding the role each team plays in their local community, they seem to recognise the regional nature of it all. There is very little difference here from playing in a league which is sponsored by one company or in the FA cup sponsored by another. I really can''t get too vexed (or hexed for that matter) about it all. A decent enough deal for all concerned I say.

i''ll be wearing the new home shirt next season, and maybe the away shirt at away games. they can sponsor who they like.

Why does it matter at all? Is this another desperate plea for attention? I really dont get what the massive problem that means we should boycott all products with Flybe on is....

It could be worse though.....[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8717/mcdonshirt8bj.jpg[/img]

I accept it will be unusual to play posssibly two other teams in the league next year with the same sponsors on their shirts as ours. But quite frankly, who cares? Since when have the sponsors ever symbolized the club itself? It may seem more pleasant to have names more associated with Norwich, like Colman''s. But ultimately, they''re all just businesses after our money. Like most, I''d prefer a City shirt without a corporate logo on it. Sadly, corporate sponsorship is just one of those things we''re forced to put up with.

I don''t think most people really care who the sponsor is as long as it''s a good source of income for the club, and doesn''t look too shabby on the kit. Personally I would add the proviso that I''d prefer to to have sponsors of morally questionable status.

If I were to boycot Flybe, it would be because the proliferation of cheap air travel is having an extremely damaging effect on the environment.

[quote]I''d prefer to to have sponsors of morally questionable status[/quote]I dont think its possible to find a corporation that dosnt have some bad moral implications, how else would they make money?

[quote user="UEA Canary"]It could be worse though.....

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8717/mcdonshirt8bj.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Point well made!

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote]I''d prefer to to have sponsors of morally questionable status[/quote]
I dont think its possible to find a corporation that dosnt have some bad moral implications, how else would they make money?
[/quote]

I''m sure there are a few out there that don''t exploit child labour, knowingly pollute, or advocate unfair business practice.

Anyway, I''m not boycotting FlyBe, I''m just saying, like.

I can see where wiz is comin though, we could be sharing our sponsorship with 3 other teams and this could reduce our individuality. I''d prefer a sponsor that gives keep us unique from everyone else and when people see that corporation they think "oh they sponsor Norwich".

What is the matter. some people just love slagging off the club. If you dont like anything the club is doing then go else where and support another team. GROW UP 1ST WIZZARD.

[quote]Anyway, I''m not boycotting FlyBe, I''m just saying, like.[/quote]oh neither am I, I was merely raising an unfortunate point about most corporations

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why buy items with the Flybe logo on, when they sponser two other clubs as well as us?.

Refuse to accept it.

When we play Southampton, maybe even Birmingham, you will have the farcial sight of both teams, and supporters, with the same logo on their merchandise.

Ludicrous.

[/quote]Bored again are we? no one to talk to? home alone?Please try not to use this message board as therapy, whilst it may help you it is driving the rest of us nuts.

[quote user="Big A"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Refuse to accept it.

Ludicrous.

[/quote]

Bored again are we? no one to talk to? home alone?

Please try not to use this message board as therapy, whilst it may help you it is driving the rest of us nuts.
[/quote]

The moderators stopped my post like this one, they said it had nothing to do with football.

One rule for the wizard, one rule for the others it seems!.

Are we getting a new home shirt next season then? I figured they would just throw the new sponsor on our existing shirt considering we''ve only had it one season. I hope we get a new one though as the collar on the current one is awful!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]It could be worse though.....

[img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8717/mcdonshirt8bj.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Point well made!

[/quote]

then again i would buy maccy d''s merchendise!

Ronald McDonald seems awfully like Andy Hughes come to think of it

Can''t say I''m a fan of a company sponsoring more than one team - especially when they''re playing in the same league and will be meeting on a regular basis. But I suppose if the money''s coming in it doesn''t really matter too much. Certainly won''t be boycotting the merchandise - that''s going too far.