Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

BRING BACK MULRYNE

I hear that Phil Mulryne is looking to move elsewhere yet again after a disappointing season at Cardifff surely this would provide the perfect opportunity for Norwich to bring him back. After all he would do a better job than Etuhu, Jarrett surely if Worthington has any sense he''ll bring back our one time playermaker, Norwich fans what do you think ? Should we have him back ?

Because i would dearly love to see him return. After all he is creative which is what we lack, good at freekicks he would be an excellent option to have. The only downside is that Worthington probably won''t want him back.

WORTHINGTON BRING BACK MULRYNE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMHO Mulryne was not industrious enough and was not ready to get stuck in and win the ball, and then earn the right to play as we all are aware he could.  Why do the footballers of today seem unable to kick with both feet win the ball from any side and at times head the ball?  As dead ball placer of the ball he was not a patch on Ian Crook.  I am sure we have enough lack-lustre players sleeping in the midfield section now without adding more dead-wood in the shape of Mullers!!  Cardiff have found him out and  with all due respect to your post, if he''s not up to their standard he''s certainly not up to ours.

[quote user="CANARY BRAVEHEART"]

I hear that Phil Mulryne is looking to move elsewhere yet again after a disappointing season at Cardifff surely this would provide the perfect opportunity for Norwich to bring him back. After all he would do a better job than Etuhu, Jarrett surely if Worthington has any sense he''ll bring back our one time playermaker, Norwich fans what do you think ? Should we have him back ?

Because i would dearly love to see him return. After all he is creative which is what we lack, good at freekicks he would be an excellent option to have. The only downside is that Worthington probably won''t want him back.

WORTHINGTON BRING BACK MULRYNE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

There is a reason he doesn''t get into the Cardiff team - he''s just not good enough.

I don''t think we should be signing a player who has played as little as he has, either.

The only reason Mulryne isn''t getting in the Cardiff team is because Jason Koumas is playing so well. But in my mind he could certainly do a job for Norwich in the Championship, people say that he doesn''t get stuck in but that''s rubbish because towards the end of his time with us he did actually make an effort to tackle more.

Some of you think that Norwich can sign an even better player, well if you think you''re so clever than say who because i can''t think of anyone and i don''t see Norwich paying over the odds for a decent central midfielder it''s just unrealistic to think that Norwich are going to splash the cash for a decent central midfielder. For me Mulryne would be a bargain as i don''t think we would have to bid much to get him.

Unfortunately, the only beneficiaries of a return by Mr P Mulryne to Norwich, are a certain Irish bar near St Andrews Hall - and the majority of fast food take-away outlets on Prince of ''Whales'' Road..........allegedly! [pi]

Although, Paul McVeigh would certainly be pleased if his social buddy was to return to the club! [B] ;~)

The only reason Mulryne isn''t getting in the Cardiff team is because Jason Koumas is playing so well. But in my mind he could certainly do a job for Norwich in the Championship, people say that he doesn''t get stuck in but that''s rubbish because towards the end of his time with us he did actually make an effort to tackle more.

Some of you think that Norwich can sign an even better player, well if you think you''re so clever than say who because i can''t think of anyone and i don''t see Norwich paying over the odds for a decent central midfielder it''s just unrealistic to think that Norwich are going to splash the cash for a decent central midfielder. For me Mulryne would be a bargain as i don''t think we would have to bid much to get him.

[/quote]

lets get koumas then

Says a lot about the quality of this season''s signings, that Mulryne (rightly imo) looks marginally better than all of them... 

I hear that Phil Mulryne is looking to move elsewhere yet again[/quote]

I''ll certainly agree with one thing.....elsewhere. Yes he was good, but then he managed to emulate Mark Rivers. Plus Worthy would never re-sign him. Plus he''s played fewer games for Cardiff than Jarrett did for us.

I can''t understand why you would want him back Braveheart, not unless you are the manager of the local Burger King of course! 

he is better than hughes, etuhu and jarret put together thou!

even at twice his weight, he still has the ablility

i cant actually remember the last time we actually scored a free-kick too.......

Hugh Jarse the reason I would like Mulryne back is because he has flair. He comes to receive the ball which Hughes, Jarrett don''t do. Hughes and Jarrett are both holding players Mulryne is an attacking midfielder not a defensive. Some people seem to think that Mulryne doesn''t work hard enough well i don''t agree because Mulryne shows his qualities in other ways like using the ball well. He''s good at freekicks who do we have who can take a good freekick - no-one.

In central midfield it''s not all about having players who can work hard and win tackles yes thats an important element to have but then you also have to have players that have skill as well and Norwich lack that. We have Safri who is very much like Mulryne, but apart from Safri we don''t have another player like that, Robinson comes close but for me still doesn''t do good enough, doesn''t have an influence in our attacks. Etuhu makes an effort to receive the ball but then can''t provide the killer pass, his distribution is diabolical. If Safri goes off to the African Cup Of Nations who do we have who can come in and do as good a job as he does ? no-one so therefore we need cover and Mulryne would provide cover.

There you go Hugh Jarse that''s why we need him.

Hugh Jarse the reason I would like Mulryne back is because he has flair. He comes to receive the ball which Hughes, Jarrett don''t do. Hughes and Jarrett are both holding players Mulryne is an attacking midfielder not a defensive. Some people seem to think that Mulryne doesn''t work hard enough well i don''t agree because Mulryne shows his qualities in other ways like using the ball well. He''s good at freekicks who do we have who can take a good freekick - no-one.

In central midfield it''s not all about having players who can work hard and win tackles yes thats an important element to have but then you also have to have players that have skill as well and Norwich lack that. We have Safri who is very much like Mulryne, but apart from Safri we don''t have another player like that, Robinson comes close but for me still doesn''t do good enough, doesn''t have an influence in our attacks. Etuhu makes an effort to receive the ball but then can''t provide the killer pass, his distribution is diabolical. If Safri goes off to the African Cup Of Nations who do we have who can come in and do as good a job as he does ? no-one so therefore we need cover and Mulryne would provide cover.

There you go Hugh Jarse that''s why we need him.

[/quote]

Attacking midfielder hey, well, your memory is clearly impared. The phil Mulryne I remember could only pass sideways or backwards. He''s far too slow & we lost posesion far too often because of this... Signing Mulryne would definitely be a step in the wrong direction, Koumas on the other hand...

Hi !! H. I!!!  I admire your persistance, but I would respectfully suggest that we ought look for a bit more from a player in a midfield capacity. This has to be the engine room for any team therefore those who occupy such a position should have all the skills you mention in your artical.  They are called professional footballers. They work hard at applying all those skills for the benifit of their respective teams, also termed team-work. OTBC!!!

Why should we want to bring back the "Pie King". The saying goes "never go back to your old club". To improve you must constantly move forward, not go backwards by bringing in a player who was deemed surplus to requirements this time last year. Let''s not forget Phil Mulryne cannot get in the Cardiff side. Surely we should be looking at first choice players, not reserves, if we want to improve.

No that would just be a step backwards. He isn''t nearly the player he used to be and if he was that good he would be playing for Cardiff. I was sorry he left Norwich but he has, and I don''t think bringing him back would help our cause!!

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

NO. Was good about 5 years ago, then put on weight and became lazy and arrogant.

[/quote]

......On second  thoughts, after yesterdays debacle. No perhaps not!