cambridgeshire canary

One shot on target in 90 minutes at home in a playoff match

We’re still in it!

Why not save the negativity until after Thursday if that’s what you want.
For now can’t we all try to get behind the team and the manager?

• Like 15

Posted (edited)

How many minutes of the game does everyone think this was this thread was pre-written by, checking the clock just waiting for final whistle to press submit? I'm going 80 minutes.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

We’re still in it!

Why not save the negativity until after Thursday if that’s what you want.
For now can’t we all try to get behind the team and the manager?

Exactly. Going hell-for-leather to win it today would have left us wide open to a counter-attack. It's not a bad result at all. In fact, it's our best result against Leeds this season.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

David Wagner masterclass?

Clean sheet should always be regarded as the Holy Grail, but of course that would be lost on your average numpty Norwich fan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Exactly. Going hell-for-leather to win it today would have left us wide open to a counter-attack. It's not a bad result at all. In fact, it's our best result against Leeds this season.

Agreed, I’d have taken a draw today. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Big Vince said:

Clean sheet should always be regarded as the Holy Grail, but of course that would be lost on your average numpty Norwich fan.

See what you've done, @cambridgeshire canary? You've made me agree with Average-Sized Vince. For shame.

• Haha 2

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Agreed, I’d have taken a draw today. 

Obviously I hoped we'd win. But at 75 minutes I would have bitten anyone's hand off for a draw.

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It’s a bad result in the context of how we’ve played away most of this season. And how Wagner sets us up away. IE today, bar the first 15mins. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Unfortunately our away form this season has been atrocious though. Yes we’re still in it and anything can happen but I think we all knew to have a decent chance there we had to take some kind of cushion into the match. 

• Like 2

Leeds were favourites to win today. This match reminded of the first leg last season, Coventry v Boro, it was awful. If we’re brave like the Sky Blues were 2nd leg we can do this. 

• Like 1

It's a bad result in context of losing our home advantage but the reality is we're now 90 minutes away from a final at evens when before we were 180 so, so far so good. The second half after the withdrawal of Rowe and Dimi was woeful but we held out and didn't concede. 

The wrong tactics for 2/3rds of that game. Leeds looked wobbly at the back.  The keeper was having a mare. So we decided to ease off and let them run the game. 
Exactly why I want Wagner gone this summer. 
Hopefully on Thursday night he shows why I’m wrong 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Farke got a bigger applause than the whole Norwich team.

Tells you everything 

What, the stupidity of football supporters?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Unfortunately our away form this season has been atrocious though. Yes we’re still in it and anything can happen but I think we all knew to have a decent chance there we had to take some kind of cushion into the match. 

Of course I'd have preferred us to win. But given Wagner's tendency to put 11 behind the ball against the best teams away I think we'd all have been pretty nervous had we gone there with a lead.

In the end, they finished 17 points ahead of us for a reason - they are the better team, and certainly the better squad. We're second favourites to get to the final. But we're still in it. And the pressure is far more on them than us.

Completely take your point, though.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Anyone know if away goals are a thing in the play-offs? 0-0 a marginally better result for us if so.

Edit: a quick google suggests not.

Edited by Robert N. LiM

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Of course I'd have preferred us to win. But given Wagner's tendency to put 11 behind the ball against the best teams away I think we'd all have been pretty nervous had we gone there with a lead.

In the end, they finished 17 points ahead of us for a reason - they are the better team, and certainly the better squad. We're second favourites to get to the final. But we're still in it. And the pressure is far more on them than us.

We’ll go out with a whimper. 

2 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The wrong tactics for 2/3rds of that game. Leeds looked wobbly at the back.  The keeper was having a mare. So we decided to ease off and let them run the game. 
Exactly why I want Wagner gone this summer. 
Hopefully on Thursday night he shows why I’m wrong 

That’s just hilarious. So, this thread is here to slate the team for having only one shot on target, but from that you managed to glean their keeper was having a mare.   Ok. I guess that makes sense in Noddyland.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Anyone know if away goals are a thing in the play-offs? 0-0 a marginally better result for us if so.

Edit: a quick google suggests not.

No, they were binned largely because Ipswich lost to them.  And I kid you not.   They went out on away goals two times, Sheepshanks was on the FL Board and campaigned for them to be scrapped.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Completely take your point, though.

To be honest my main concern is Sargent, if we were going there with him fully fit we’re still in it. If he’s out I really can’t see a positive outcome 

• Like 1

Just now, Virtual reality said:

To be honest my main concern is Sargent, if we were going there with him fully fit we’re still in it. If he’s out I really can’t see a positive outcome 

Oh, for sure. Absolutely no chance if he's injured.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s just hilarious. So, this thread is here to slate the team for having only one shot on target, but from that you managed to glean their keeper was having a mare.   Ok. I guess that makes sense in Noddyland.

That is a reply born of ignorance.

The keeper was having an absolute mare and nobody representing NCFC had the wit to take advantage.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No, they were binned largely because Ipswich lost to them.  And I kid you not.   They went out on away goals two times, Sheepshanks was on the FL Board and campaigned for them to be scrapped.

Good use of 'binned'. And I appreciate the detail.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Their keeper had a mare with his feet in the first 20 or so - when put under pressure by pressing. Something we stopped doing, as we sat off instead the next hour. 

• Like 1

Just now, unique said:

That is a reply born of ignorance.

The keeper was having an absolute mare and nobody representing NCFC had the wit to take advantage.

Wow.  What planet do you live on?

Home Advantage gone 

i think it makes it easier for Wagner now no smart tactics trying to defend a lead just two teams one Game winner takes all ,

i think Farke has advantage in this situation as he will end up with 3 strikers on the pitch pushing forward ,

Wagner only has one he just come off with a knock 

Barnes is still on way back from injury 

and SVH is sunday league level 

• Like 1