cambridgeshire canary

One shot on target in 90 minutes at home in a playoff match

Just now, S_81 said:

Their keeper had a mare with his feet in the first 20 or so - when put under pressure by pressing. Something we stopped doing, as we sat off instead the next hour. 

Ok, if you say so - a couple of misplaced passes is not ‘having a mare’. 

23 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Obviously I hoped we'd win. But at 75 minutes I would have bitten anyone's hand off for a draw.

Exactly my frame of mind at that time. We were very good in the first half but clearly knackered and under the cosh for most of the second.

I also assumed Farke would hex us and there would be a large portion of ACN because of Leeds' 2 wins in 8 form before today.

Hopefully...whisper it...we can nick it if they are as mentally weak at home as their fans suggest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ok, if you say so - a couple of misplaced passes is not ‘having a mare’. 

It demonstrated that when put under pressure he was error prone. Byram also vulnerable. Sainz was getting a degree of change down that wing. 
In general terms we reverted to playing within ourselves. I hope that won’t be the case on Thursday. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

No way you can keep up that level of energy we showed in the first half for the full 90 - especially given our lack of options off the bench.

Our problem was not the tactics: we were plenty brave enough at the start of the game. The problem was not scoring in that first 30 minutes when we were on top. We just lacked that final killer pass to open them up. Had we tried to keep going like that they'd have picked us off on the break as the second half wore on. Absolutely right to prioritise the clean sheet in the last 15 minutes.

And yes, @PurpleCanary, I'm still not over us throwing away that 0-0 draw at home to Inter thirty years ago...

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

All it takes is for their crowd to het a bit twitchy if it is still 0-0 after 30 mins - christ we are not playing Real Madrid and anything can happen in football - if we were 2-0 down could understand the negativity of some people and yes it will be hard but life will still go on win or lose and if the worst comes to us then at least another fun filled year in the topsy turvy of the Championship but for now lets hooe for the best 

3 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Duffy did alright considering he was drunk on Monday.

He spent the first half passing the ball to their players and then played a lovely pass around Gunn for an easy tap in. I honestly thought he was still pissed! We did get away with one there as their player looked onside on the replays 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Home Advantage gone 

i think it makes it easier for Wagner now no smart tactics trying to defend a lead just two teams one Game winner takes all ,

i think Farke has advantage in this situation as he will end up with 3 strikers on the pitch pushing forward ,

Wagner only has one he just come off with a knock 

Barnes is still on way back from injury 

and SVH is sunday league level 

Going to be playing Wroxham in a few years then with Napper leading the recruitment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

He spent the first half passing the ball to their players and then played a lovely pass around Gunn for an easy tap in. I honestly thought he was still pissed! We did get away with one there as their player looked onside on the replays 

I won’t knock the man when he’s down

Didn't think he was any worse or better than he normally is 

He’s old school football same as Big Dunc who would struggle in today’s game tactics 

One off game on Thursday and anything can happen.

Disappointed with our performance but it definitely isn't over.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

How many minutes of the game does everyone think this was this thread was pre-written by, checking the clock just waiting for final whistle to press submit? I'm going 80 minutes.

Pre game. 6 windows open with different statements depending on the results 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Duffy did alright considering he was drunk on Monday.

He was still drunk I thought

52 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Clean sheet should always be regarded as the Holy Grail, but of course that would be lost on your average numpty Norwich fan.

Might have meant something when away goals counted in the play offs, but they aren't anymore, there is no difference between 0-0 and 1-1.

Just now, The Raptor said:

Pre game. 6 windows open with different statements depending on the results 

Are you privy to Cambridgeshire’s laptop? 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Are you privy to Cambridgeshire’s laptop? 

Nope. Just a guess! 

Surely it's laptopS!

32 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

To be honest my main concern is Sargent, if we were going there with him fully fit we’re still in it. If he’s out I really can’t see a positive outcome 

Sargent did not even have a shot today so what makes you wonder he would do any better at Elland Road 

If we can snatch an early goal at Leeds the atmosphere Will turn poisonous for them. 

2 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Sargent did not even have a shot today so what makes you wonder he would do any better at Elland Road 

He might not but he’s the only forward we have that carries a genuine threat and the alternative is a player that I’m not convinced is genuinely a footballer… In Sargents defence he was in one on one with their keeper twice today if the pass to him had been better 

• Like 1

There were 17 pts between the two teams , aswell as Leeds doing the double over us.

Today they were happy to take thd 0-0 and run and there looked little between the 2 sides.

I'd say that's progress

• Like 3

I think that Argos is our biggest loss for the play-offs.

The only player we currently have being a game changer.

He's a proper winger, too, who unsettles defences with his unorthodox playing style.

This was all too comfortable for Leeds, and we now have a real job on our hands.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There were 17 pts between the two teams , aswell as Leeds doing the double over us.

Today they were happy to take thd 0-0 and run and there looked little between the 2 sides.

I'd say that's progress

Exactly. Always nice to agree with you 😉

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that Argos is our biggest loss for the play-offs.

The only player we currently have being a game changer.

He's a proper winger, too, who unsettles defences with his unorthodox playing style.

This was all too comfortable for Leeds, and we now have a real job on our hands.

Yes we’re lacking someone to come off the bench and ignite some pace into the play. I really think Rowe should start on the bench Thursday with the view to keep the match tight and bring him on with 25 to go for that reason 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think that Argos is our biggest loss for the play-offs

Here's one out of left-field: Liam Gibbs. Had he been fit I think he'd be in my team for Thursday. Behind Sargent in waht Harry Redknapp would call the 'facking run about a bit' position.

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Yes we’re lacking someone to come off the bench and ignite some pace into the play. I really think Rowe should start on the bench Thursday with the view to keep the match tight and bring him on with 25 to go for that reason 

Which might of course end up being 55 to go...

I'm sure he'll be on the bench on Thurs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

For sure - we aren’t going to get 120 minutes out of him (not sure about several others, either!), probably best to start him from the bench.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yes I’m pretty sure we will see a different Leeds that are on the front foot. but like they did with us today, if we can weather the early pressure and turn it into a scrappy tedious match like we saw today, we then have a genuine threat to come off the bench and hopefully create a moment of magic 

Edited by Virtual reality