Hope you’re all looking forward to Birmingham next week as much as I am. Without the luxury of knowing the other scores, we have to get something from the game to guarantee the play-offs.  Problem is that Birmingham need to win to give themselves a realistic chance of not being relegated as a draw would only put them level with Plymouth who currently have a better goal difference.  So if they go down, the locals might not be best pleased and the vicinity of St Andrews could be a bit lively after the game.  Not greatly relishing my walk back to New Street Station! No colours for me on Saturday.

Posted (edited)

It is an awful place and make no mistake about it relegation for them next week will mean the Brum scum will be venting their anger by probably a pitch invasion and public order offences outside the ground.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is an awful place and make no mistake about it relegation for them next week will mean the Brum scum will be venting their anger by probably a pitch invasion and public order offences outside the ground.

... Not a fan of the curry houses in the area then?

11 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Probably been in more than you in the Handsworth area of Birmingham.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The curry houses are good, particularly the cafe-style ones used by the locals which do good food for a reasonable price.  I hope to visit one before the match.

But after the game I think any of our fans who leave the ground shouting, chanting or generally celebrating being in the play-offs (hopefully) run a real risk of coming a cropper at the hands of some of Birmingham’s less than friendly supporters.  Discretion and anonymity will definitely be the order of the day.

Edited by Naturalcynic

All this talk of the Brum fans is nothing compared to Tils reaction when he finds out there won't be any tifos or flags...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Naturalcynic said:

The curry houses are good, particularly the cafe-style ones used by the locals which do good food for a reasonable price.  I hope to visit one before the match.

But after the game I think any of our fans who leave the ground shouting, chanting or generally celebrating being in the play-offs (hopefully) run a real risk of coming a cropper at the hands of some of Birmingham’s less than friendly supporters.  Discretion and anonymity will definitely be the order of the day.

It will be the same should we get Leeds in the semis and beat them. That 2nd leg at Elland Rd will be tasty.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It will be the same should we get Leeds in the semis and beat them. That 2nd leg at Elland Rd will be tasty.

Very true, as was Wolves in 2002.  

Villa Park has always been a pleasant place to visit. As has The Hawthorns. 

But Birmingham and Wolves are the polar opposite. It's a bit like Charlton and Millwall.

If you have a brain you support Villa. If you like hitting people you support Birmingham 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Zulus will be on the warpath if things don’t go to their taste.

A few Ozzy Osbourne elocution lessons might come in handy if a local asks you the time

There is a scenario that they they beat us and still go down, in that scenario I'd think you'd only be in danger if you're actively mocking them outside afterwards...in which case you'd probably deserve anything coming

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Probably been in more than you in the Handsworth area of Birmingham.

Not many in Handsworth, mainly West Indian. Get down Sparkbrook and visit the Ladypool Road. Al Faisal’s is highly recommended and attracts plenty of famous people.

8 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There is a scenario that they they beat us and still go down, in that scenario I'd think you'd only be in danger if you're actively mocking them outside afterwards...in which case you'd probably deserve anything coming

Good luck with that lol. As has been mentioned on other threads about this subject, you can negotiate with them whilst the rest of us beat a hasty retreat. If they gone down the place will be like a war zone. It is not the 90% you have to worry about, it’s the 10% and those that couldn’t get tickets who will be leaving the local pubs well tanked up.

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

They picture you in the ground mate and there is one small gated exit. Worth stressing though 95% of Birmingham fans are fine, but it’s the 5% as at most clubs. The problem is that their 5% is 10x as hard as any binner you will ever meet and the really bad ones don’t even go in the ground, many not even interested in football.

Safest way is by coach.

3 minutes ago, Well b back said:

They picture you in the ground mate and there is one small gated exit. Worth stressing though 95% of Birmingham fans are fine, but it’s the 5% as at most clubs. The problem is that their 5% is 10x as hard as any binner you will ever meet and the really bad ones don’t even go in the ground, many not even interested in football.

Safest way is by coach.

No colours, no bright clothing to make you stand out, try to avoid any obvious distinguishing features to minimise the photo risk that you mention, and when leaving the ground just try to blend in and look miserable.  

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

……….. when leaving the ground just try to blend in and look miserable.  

Shouldn’t be too hard if Hull have managed to overturn that goal difference 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1

Perhaps learning something about the Birmingham team etc might be a sensible precaution in order to sound convincing in the event of hostile questioning by the locals. I might even wear a kipper tie, so that when asked about it I can respond milk and two sugars please.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

No colours, no bright clothing to make you stand out, try to avoid any obvious distinguishing features to minimise the photo risk that you mention, and when leaving the ground just try to blend in and look miserable.  

Wear your

I

❤️

Joe Lycett

t-shirt.

7 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

But Birmingham and Wolves are the polar opposite. It's a bit like Charlton and Millwall.

If you have a brain you support Villa. If you like hitting people you support Birmingham 

Who do you support if you have a brain and like hitting people? 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Perhaps learning something about the Birmingham team etc might be a sensible precaution in order to sound convincing in the event of hostile questioning by the locals. I might even wear a kipper tie, so that when asked about it I can respond milk and two sugars please.

Practice getting the accent spot on too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You should go to a Wolves West Brom game or a Birmingham Villa game, the East Anglian derby is like a visit to a kindergarten. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Practice getting the accent spot on too. 

We are lucky, we will just say we managed to get tickets in the away end and prove our addresses, although to be fair when they are hurling bottles from about 50 yards it doesn’t really matter that much. Don’t be to shocked if some have managed to get tickets in the away end.

As I have mentioned, most of those looking to cause trouble, won’t even be at the match.

Im driving anybody know best place to park?

If they go down they will vent at their club not us. I cannot go to an away match not wearing colours!

I’ll be dressing like Noddy Holder c. 1973. I’m sure I’ll blend in with the locals.

12 minutes ago, NorwichRat said:

If they go down they will vent at their club not us. I cannot go to an away match not wearing colours!

In the aftermath they will, in the immediare term it may well be us.

Remember a coach load of them attacked middle aged diners in a indian restaurant after we beat them at carrow rd !!

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

In the aftermath they will, in the immediare term it may well be us.

Remember a coach load of them attacked middle aged diners in an indian restaurant after we beat them at carrow rd !!

At the Gem Thorpe Road, looks well over a dozen piled off a coach initially to attack one young lad. 

36 minutes ago, NorwichRat said:

Lots of places to park around the ground on side streets, mainly patrolled by locals that will charge you a fee for parking on their streets. Make sure you pay their fee as they protect your car, usually from themselves. Plenty of parking a little further away towards the city and down the ring road, about a 10 minute walk from the ground. Places will be taken quickly as the game is a sell out and the local pubs will also be teaming with people without tickets.

With regards your last comment good luck with that, most you meet outside the ground will not even be football fans. Multi millionaires have just taken over the club, and several of the new directors go drinking with the fans before the games, buying drinks for everybody in the pub. Their beef ( although they understand Rooney was the problem recently ) was their previous owner who stole everything. It really is up to you wether you wear colours or not and there really could be absoloutely no problems at all, but if there is you will stand out like a sore thumb.

49 minutes ago, Grando said:

I’ll be dressing like Noddy Holder c. 1973. I’m sure I’ll blend in with the locals.

That wouldn’t necessarily be the best idea, although he is probably a Walsall fan, he has always been rumoured to be a Wolves fan.  Should they find any Villa fans or Wolves fans to take it out on, that would take priority to any Norwich fan. 

Lady pool road

balti triangle with some champagne 

Will taste especially sweet after 2002!

I’ll never forget how awful they were as winners that day 

• Like 2