Sign in to follow this  
benchwarmer

Which is the least worst option?

Posted (edited)

Ipsquit to go up automatically?

Ipsquit to beat us in the playoff final?

Ipsquit to beat us in playoff semi then lose in the final?

Edited by benchwarmer

Best option would be Ipswich beat Hull this afternoon, putting them a stone's throw away from automatic promotion and also helping us into the playoffs. 

Can we have this discussion AFTER (if?) we've beaten Swansea?

Having seen Leeds implode I wouldn't be surprised if Hull put four past Ipswich to make things interesting......

Scum are going up. Let's concentrate on us getting into the playoffs. If we don't get promoted, those lot will be insufferable, but it will be amusing seeing them getting smashed every week 5 nil. 

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean they're all as bad as each other

Not for a fan actually in the stadium though. Losing at Wembley would be the ultimate low.

I actually cannot bear the thought of having to go through that.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, benchwarmer said:

Least worst is they go up automatically as that doesn't mean we haven't gone up...

If we're not going up anyway then option 3 as I do strongly believe it they don't go up this season they will drop back down, this is a freak occurrence for them driven by McKenna, don't go up and he's off and they will regress to where they should be with the squad they have got

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Least worst is they go up automatically as that doesn't mean we haven't gone up...

If we're not going up anyway then option 3 as I do strongly believe it they don't go up this season they will drop back down, this is a freak occurrence for them driven by McKenna, don't go up and he's off and they will regress to where they should be with the squad they have got

Totally agree with this - also any half decent players would be off as well.

5 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Eh? That is by far the worst option?

I misread the title, yes that’s the worst option 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

Surely it’s the 4th option. West Brom to beat Ipswich in the semi and then lose to us in the final.

Least worst is the filth to go up automatically, because that means we’ve still got a chance of promotion ourselves 

• Like 1

With the binners just 1 point behind second place Leeds with two games in hand, they’re almost certainly going to go up automatically now. I think the least worst is probably for them to go up automatically, as it doesn’t rule us out of promotion and also guarantees that our unbeaten record against them continues. The best option of course would be for us to beat them in the playoff semifinal and win the final

Best option and one I would love is both Binners and us in the top flight, when was the last time that happened? 
As much as I dislike the Binners there are plastic clubs up there and far too many London clubs there should be a limit on London clubs! Fulham, Brentford, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Palace, West Ham! Jesus that’s 7 out of 20 teams up there! 

Unfortunately I fear our best chance of winning the play-offs is if Ipswich are in them.

We shall see and who knows there might be yet another twist in this bonkers season.

I quite fancy us against Leeds over two legs - the pressure on them would be immense; and I think we'd win a final against Southampton. Genuinely don't want to play 1p5wich again this season.