Posted (edited)

A few hundred compared to 26000

Edited by daly
  • Like 1

Is it.just for home games ?

Can your children use it? 

Asking for a friend.

Posted (edited)

Men and women alike can get a season ticket for the women's game if they want. The price is just a relection of the different economics of the women's game.. We're a long way from filling Carrow Road for women's fixtures, but there's no reason interest can't go up to that level, so why not make it relatively cheap to go in a bid to achieve that? It's supply and demand.

What's the wage bill of the female players and what's the wage bill of the male players?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Men and women alike can get a season ticket for the women's game if they want. The price is just a relection of the different economics of the women's game.. We're a long way from filling Carrow Road for women's fixtures, but there's no reason interest can't go up to that level, so why not make it relatively cheap to go in a bid to achieve that? It's supply and demand.

What's the wage bill of the female players and what's the wage bill of the male players?

I’ve got nothing against the women’s game, but it’s a long way of being able to stand on its two feet. That’s the sort of price you’d be paying to watch 12th or 13th tier men’s football so it would be interesting to see how the women’s players salaries compare to what’s paid to men at that level.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I’ve got nothing against the women’s game, but it’s a long way of being able to stand on its two feet. That’s the sort of price you’d be paying to watch 12th or 13th tier men’s football so it would be interesting to see how the women’s players salaries compare to what’s paid to men at that level.

I just did a bit of digging on numbers. Apparently, an average women's football salary is 50,000 a year. Our first team squad is 25 players, which is 1.25 million quid a year on salaries.

At £45, 27,000 season tickets would be £1,215,000, so it seems that they're aiming to build the women's games popularity to get it to break even on salaries, which seems fair enough given the infrastructure is taken care of by the men's game.

I think it might be good for football overall if women's football became more popular. From what I've seen, the football's entertaining, and if some attention switches away from the men's game, maybe the financial crisis that would trigger would start bringing some sanity to the economics of the men's game.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I just did a bit of digging on numbers. Apparently, an average women's football salary is 50,000 a year. Our first team squad is 25 players, which is 1.25 million quid a year on salaries

Wouldn't that salary level be for the women's premier league? I would think our ladies have jobs and are probably lucky to get £100 a game

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Wouldn't that salary level be for the women's premier league? I would think our ladies have jobs and are probably lucky to get £100 a game

I'm guessing my estimate is upper limit, but I think a club of our stature would be facing a lot of criticism if we were paying the women as full-time professional footballers as little as a hundred quid a game, which wouldn't even make the living wage.

Perhaps @Essex Canary can enlighten us on the total wage bill for the women, seeing as he seems to have a pretty keen interest in the club's accounts? Does the club separate men and women's player salaries in the accounts?

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm guessing my estimate is upper limit, but I think a club of our stature would be facing a lot of criticism if we were paying the women as full-time professional footballers as little as a hundred quid a game, which wouldn't even make the living wage.

Perhaps @Essex Canary can enlighten us on the total wage bill for the women, seeing as he seems to have a pretty keen interest in the club's accounts? Does the club separate men and women's player salaries in the accounts?

Are they full time pros though? They are in the fourth tier of women's football so I doubt they are full time. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

Are they full time pros though? They are in the fourth tier of women's football so I doubt they are full time. 

These all sound like really good questions for an interview with the women's team manager.

They are not full time pros.  Their wage bill will be nothing remotely close to £1million a year at this stage.  Id be surprised if it was 20% of that if im honest.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

These all sound like really good questions for an interview with the women's team manager.

Just checked and an article in from 2023 said the club were 'taking steps to becoming semi-pro' which suggests we aren't even there yet.

https://www.norfolkfa.com/news/2023/jul/27/norfolk-football-a-flourishing-female-game#:~:text=The 22%2F23 season proved,the FA Women's National League.

• Like 1

In an effort to find a stick to wave a comparison with apples and pears is being used.

@essex canary 

Why don’t you get back to your previous b***** about fans not being able to get tickets ? 
Binners aside our biggest game of the season to date on Saturday and literally 100’s of tickets left, so you are not only shown to be wrong, you are shown to be deliberately trying to create bad will within the football club.

Like I said before for 6 weeks our club needs the backing of everyone, for all the s*** they took they deserve it. People like you, if indeed you really are a supporter and not a binner ( the blue avatar normally gives it away ), need to just f*** off for 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

No such luck with the Club’s Accounts. A breakdown between football costs, overheads and trading activities would be a good start. 

On the subject of women in football it would be interesting to know whether all these pundits get paid similarly bearing in mind the vast difference in playing experience.

One area where the ladies really do deserve the credit is refereeing. The quality of some of the blokes is abysmal and look at the declaration of decisions at the Women's World Cup.

• Like 1

Just now, essex canary said:

No such luck with the Club’s Accounts. A breakdown between football costs, overheads and trading activities would be a good start. 

On the subject of women in football it would be interesting to know whether all these pundits get paid similarly bearing in mind the vast difference in playing experience.

One area where the ladies really do deserve the credit is refereeing. The quality of some of the blokes is abysmal and look at the declaration of decisions at the Women's World Cup.

FFS

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

@essex canary 

Why don’t you get back to your previous b***** about fans not being able to get tickets ? 
Binners aside our biggest game of the season to date on Saturday and literally 100’s of tickets left, so you are not only shown to be wrong, you are shown to be deliberately trying to create bad will within the football club.

Like I said before for 6 weeks our club needs the backing of everyone, for all the s*** they took they deserve it. People like you, if indeed you really are a supporter and not a binner ( the blue avatar normally gives it away ), need to just f*** off for 6 weeks.

Wrong about what exactly? Just been looking at some facts from around the turn of the century. Then the Club had around half the gates it has now and typically gave away 1,000 or so complimetaries each match. Now it expects you to travel from the West Midlands or if you can't make it give your tickets away free to provide the complimentaries whilst the officer in charge earns half a million a year. If the Club has a problem in this regard it is of its own making.

There is no way the average women salary is 50k a year. Maybe that might be the median as I would assume that it is all totally skewed by Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea and maybe Man Utd.

4 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

There is no way the average women salary is 50k a year. Maybe that might be the median as I would assume that it is all totally skewed by Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea and maybe Man Utd.

As an average figure that might be right, but as you said, it would be heavily skewed upwards by the top sides in the WPL. Not to mention, I suspect it would also include bonuses and all earnings from outside, but at that point I'm guessing.

Okay, the accountant in me can't let this pass without comment and analysis.

I would estimate that Step 4 of Women's league football equates to Step 8 or 9 of the men's game in terms of player payments. In men's step 8 or 9, the standard is players get up to £200 a match (more if the Chair of the club is splashing the cash on former pro's - my mate is assistant manager of a local Step 8 club and let's slip occasionally what his sometime errant Chair authorises for an ex-pro, which can make your eyes boggle a bit). So currently with about 30 matches, a squad of 20, at that top rate gives a cost of £120,000, with management team costs and other running costs (pitch costs, match fees and payments to referees, overheads for marketing / HR etc.) taking the total cost to c.£250K. I think realistically they might sell 250 season tickets ATM (based on attendances at the Nest) which barely scratches the surface of costs. I can't see sponsorship (both club and league) bringing in more than £100K. At the moment (assuming the matches at the Carra break-even), I estimate a cost to the club of c. £150K.

If the club does move to "semi-pro", it implies c.£15K cost per player (including on-costs) based on 50% of full-pro status at NMW rates (I've read that Arsenal's 1st team players were only on NMW until the WSL came into being so realistic here); for a 1st team squad of 20 say that's £300K p.a. Management team would add another £100K, say, with other match costs (as above) giving a total cost of c.£450K. At £45 the club would have to sell 10,000 season tickets if that was the only income to break-even. It isn't the only income stream however. I think realistically they might sell 250 season tickets ATM (based on attendances at the Nest) which barely scratches the surface of costs. After sponsorship and gate money (see above) I estimate the club would have to support the women's team with c.£300K, doubling it's cost.

In either case, the club's support is perfectly legitimate piece of marketing cost one could argue, spreading the club brand across a wider audience. 

My conclusion therefore is if the club should gain promotion to EPL, a move to semi-pro basis of the women's team would be guaranteed, but otherwise it might be dependent on the women's team gaining promotion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

As an average figure that might be right, but as you said, it would be heavily skewed upwards by the top sides in the WPL. Not to mention, I suspect it would also include bonuses and all earnings from outside, but at that point I'm guessing.

The only reason I call bs is that the Sheffield Utd player who sadly died was revealed to be on £6000 a year according to the bbc. Sheffield Utd are in the second tier of women football.

1 minute ago, Ulfotto said:

The only reason I call bs is that the Sheffield Utd player who sadly died was revealed to be on £6000 a year according to the bbc. Sheffield Utd are in the second tier of women football.

She also worked for the marketing dept. of the club. The £6K you mention were her match payments (equating to about £200 per match as I used in my calculations above), she was on £30K as a marketing executive. 

• Like 1

Here is a comparison, showing 2021 and the most up dated I can get if it helps. We also have to remember the women’s games where they play selected games get large crowds ( Arsenal regularly fill the Emirates ) but the entry is quite a bit cheaper. Saying that Barca are likely to get 92,000 for their game against Chelsea this week in the champions league.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/highest-paid-women-footballers-ada-hegerberg-lyon

https://www.888sport.com/blog/football/highest-paid-female-footballers

36 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Wrong about what exactly? Just been looking at some facts from around the turn of the century. Then the Club had around half the gates it has now and typically gave away 1,000 or so complimetaries each match. Now it expects you to travel from the West Midlands or if you can't make it give your tickets away free to provide the complimentaries whilst the officer in charge earns half a million a year. If the Club has a problem in this regard it is of its own making.

No it did not typically give away a thousand complimentaries each match. You have previously stated a thousand were given away at a Cup tie against Leicester on a thread many moons ago having taken that figure from the recent club bible put together by a fan. I know the author and spoke to him regarding that stand out game for complimentaries allegedly issued and he told me that included in the thousand were all stewards, Police, St Johns Ambulance etc etc  but now to suit your agenda you claim it was a thousand for each game.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No it did not typically give away a thousand complimentaries each match. You have previously stated a thousand were given away at a Cup tie against Leicester on a thread many moons ago having taken that figure from the recent club bible put together by a fan. I know the author and spoke to him regarding that stand out game for complimentaries allegedly issued and he told me that included in the thousand were all stewards, Police, St Johns Ambulance etc etc  but now to suit your agenda you claim it was a thousand for each game.

Try the Sheffield United match below or numerous others around the same time.

20240417_111850.jpg

Posted (edited)

Why is our women's team competing at such a low level relative to the men's team? It seems weird to have such a big disparity.

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Why is our women's team competing at such a low level relative to the men's team? It seems weird to have such a big disparity.

Because like most things the Club hasn't in the past been prepared to pump prime fund. Just think if it had have closed the dormant fans trust 20 years ago and have put in £250,000 or so then.

9 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The club only started directly managing the women's team two seasons ago. In a former guise the women's team actually won the FA Cup, something the men's team have failed to do! The impetus that could have followed the non-affiliated women's team winning the women's version of the FA Cup in 1986 was totally lost.

By the time the wider world woke up to women's football you could argue the club were either too slow to react positively with full support for the team that existed, or right to take a more cautious approach. It certainly has been the cheaper so far.

• Thanks 1