cambridgeshire canary

Abu Kamara to get promoted with Portsmouth tonight?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Fully deserved. Been far too long since pompeys amazing fanbase see second tier football. 

Honestly the fall they had was ridiculous. To go from playing in Europe against Milan to being relegated to League two in the space of just five years really is something. Really quite lucky they did not get wound up at one point

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

To be fair they’ve only got promoted due to their fan base and how even when things got tough they always sung and kept supporting the team. The lack of booing 20 years ago when they got relegated from the premiership has resulted in this promotion from league 1.

Kamara is a real handful. Surely must be involved this summer here. Assuming we don’t go up. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Stewards did their jobs then 😂

port.jpg

Bet they were still singing even then. 

" We're on the pitch, we're on the piiiiitch, we're on the pitch, we're on the pitch, we're on the piiiiitch" 

His loan term is till the end of the season. As Portsmouth is already promoted he is officially back with us after the 46th game.

With his undoubted ability and match sharpness Wagner should include him for the playoff squad should we qualify ? Would be much better than van Hooijdonk should a sub be required.

3 hours ago, Six Pack said:

His loan term is till the end of the season. As Portsmouth is already promoted he is officially back with us after the 46th game.

With his undoubted ability and match sharpness Wagner should include him for the playoff squad should we qualify ? Would be much better than van Hooijdonk should a sub be required.

I don't think we can have him back until the end of the season, and it's nothing to do with Pompey's sealed fate.

Pity really.

• Like 1

Been speaking to my Portsmouth following friend this morning,in his words "Scary how he has improved in one season".

11 hours ago, MC_NCFC said:

To be fair they’ve only got promoted due to their fan base and how even when things got tough they always sung and kept supporting the team. The lack of booing 20 years ago when they got relegated from the premiership has resulted in this promotion from league 1.

Yes, being owned by billionaire Michael Eisner has nothing to do with it, it was purely the fans what got them promoted...

I am being flippant as he hasn't just dumped money in like so many other owners, but that is a ridiculous statement to make....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Yes, being owned by billionaire Michael Eisner has nothing to do with it, it was purely the fans what got them promoted...

I am being flippant as he hasn't just dumped money in like so many other owners, but that is a ridiculous statement to make....

And they only did well in the prem with dodgy checkbook Harry at the helm... Overspent, crashed and burned. Not the fans fault but like Bournemouth, bought their way there in a bit of a shady way.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't think we can have him back until the end of the season, and it's nothing to do with Pompey's sealed fate.

Pity really.

I haven't got the faintest idea if he could play for us this season but Portsmouth'so last game is 27 April. Our final game is at Birmingham a week later. No doubt the club will be looking at the loan agreement. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I haven't got the faintest idea if he could play for us this season but Portsmouth'so last game is 27 April. Our final game is at Birmingham a week later. No doubt the club will be looking at the loan agreement. 

V happy to be corrected but I think I remember reading that when you loan a player you transfer their registration, so Abu Kamara will still officially be a Portsmouth player until (again, happy to be corrected) June 1. As with Idah and Celtic, think this is a non starter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

V happy to be corrected but I think I remember reading that when you loan a player you transfer their registration, so Abu Kamara will still officially be a Portsmouth player until (again, happy to be corrected) June 1. As with Idah and Celtic, think this is a non starter

Thanks. That's bad news! 

6 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Window-to-window loans cannot end or be terminated outside the transfer window, so he cannot play for us until the transfer window opens, which is after the season finishes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Thanks. That's bad news! 

Not sure it qualifies as 'news'. Semi-confident speculation at best 😉

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Not sure it qualifies as 'news'. Semi-confident speculation at best 😉

I trust you 😊

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Just a minor point, but domestic and international loans work differently, international loans is a full transfer of the player as it has to be between FAs, domestic loans are a lot more flexible (but depending on the wording of the loan contract probably won't be able to play for us)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

It’s a sarcastic reference to Delia’s newfound love of Portsmouth fans last December https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23961330.norwich-city-joint-owner-delia-smith-whingeing-fans/

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Best supporters in England, never stop singing. 

image.jpeg.0723edc47911961ef4cf5d326dc23fd5.jpeg..."Ooh get you!"....