Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Domestic Teams You Really Don’t Like

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

If that is true, why is there currently an AFC Wimbledon playing in League Two in a brand new £34 million stadium that the club owns, with a higher average attendance than MK Dons, and generating a profit? (£400k profit last set of accounts).

Sorry but think you are completely wrong here. Winkelman and a consortium were planning to build a large retail development in MK to include a football stadium as far back as 1997 and offered the site to Luton, Wimbledon, Barnet, Crystal Palace, and QPR, and Wimbledon announced in August 2001 that they intended to relocate to Milton Keynes. When a Winkelman led consortium took ownership in 2003 and he changed the name to MK Dons, he was doing what he was always planning to do, find a way to start a Milton Keynes football club without having to start at tier 15 or whatever.

Even Winkleman has admitted that he is not proud of his actions. 

Which brings me to my answer, I hate absolutely Wolves and their fans. Including Pete Winkelman, the Wolves fan from Wolverhampton.

Because as always with these Phoenix clubs they are the people who care and not the previous incumbents who ran the club into the ground 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Because as always with these Phoenix clubs they are the people who care and not the previous incumbents who ran the club into the ground 

Wimbledon announced in 2001 that they were relocating to Milton Keynes, AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002, Wimbledon FC went into administration in 2003 a few months after relocating to Milton Keynes, then Winkleman moved to lead the buy out of administration and then to the rebrand in 2004.

He then blamed the fans for abandoning the club by setting up AFC Wimbledon instead of travelling 2 hours to games each Saturday. What happened is exactly what he wanted to happen, he didn't want to own Wimbledon FC, he wanted to own Milton Keynes FC. It worked out exactly how he wanted it to.

The whole thing was despicable, and Winkleman didn't care what club be ruined, as mentioned he approached numerous clubs to try and tempt them to Milton Keynes long before he'd built the stadium, which he'd been planning since 1997 and was finished in 2007. 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Wimbledon announced in 2001 that they were relocating to Milton Keynes, AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002, Wimbledon FC went into administration in 2003 a few months after relocating to Milton Keynes, then Winkleman moved to lead the buy out of administration and then to the rebrand in 2004.

He then blamed the fans for abandoning the club by setting up AFC Wimbledon instead of travelling 2 hours to games each Saturday. What happened is exactly what he wanted to happen, he didn't want to own Wimbledon FC, he wanted to own Milton Keynes FC. It worked out exactly how he wanted it to.

The whole thing was despicable, and Winkleman didn't care what club be ruined, as mentioned he approached numerous clubs to try and tempt them to Milton Keynes long before he'd built the stadium, which he'd been planning since 1997 and was finished in 2007. 

Very well said. The whole thing stank. Wider interests of football my aṣs.

Edited by Robert N. LiM
Deftly avoiding the naughty word filter. Take that, Mary Whitehouse

3 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Ok we get it, you hate winkleman 

what about Sam Hamman and the Norwegians? 

in short the club progressed too quickly and were left behind, they were groundsharing with palace and tried to live beyond their means to stay in the big time. Hammam tried to move the club to Dublin ffs 

Ipswich. Obvs.

I’m jealous of Brentford and Brighton tbh. So that’s why they irk me. 

And Sheff Utd for their weird feud they created. 

Can't see how anyone associated with our club can look pass Liverpool. Qualifying for Europe isn't a simple task and we have only achieved this 4 times in our history. But denied taking part 3 of the times due to the Heysel ban. I'm not sure why FIFA ban all the English clubs and not just Liverpool ? I'm not sure why all the banned clubs didn't collectively sue Liverpool ! These people are the true scum of the earth ! 

• Thanks 1

Wolves - The only away ground where I've feared for my personal safety, plus their beyond smug attitude in the 2002 play-offs, so glad we p###ed on their chips that night.

Liverpool - It's just hard to like them, plus I've always found Liverpool a cold unwelcoming city.

Ipswich - Only because I have to

1p5wich - No explanation needed

Liverpool - Disgusting fans with both a victimhood mentality and sense of entitlement. Constantly causing trouble and never accepting responsibility, costing ourselves, Luton, Oxford, Coventry etc European campaigns.

MK Dons - Possibly the only club I’d like to see go bust due to the way they were created.

Celtic (if they count) - Terrorist supporting filth 

7 hours ago, Six Pack said:

I'm not sure why all the banned clubs didn't collectively sue Liverpool ! These people are the true scum of the earth ! 

It would happen now - so likely indeed that the authorities would not make the same global ban - the "owners" of other club have too much power now. But until Hillsborough no-one in the game at that time had a totally clean conscience. That was why the collective swallowed the ban. Yet it still took another disaster before action was taken. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Any league 1 or league 2 team from North of the Wash. I mean, what is the point of them?

A long drive if we are unfortunate enough to be drawn against them in the cup. Inedible match day food invariably covered in industrial waste sauce. Inability to speak the King's English. A penchant for skinny dogs.  Inevitable rain. No sun, ever. Homes with outside toilets.  

And as for City fans living in the North, what are you thinking of?

Posted (edited)

The antics that the "Big Six" showed during the Coronavirus season, and subsequently trying to enact the Super League exodus must not be forgotten. Not to mention the way that all of these clubs hypocritically accuse each other of "Buying Success", but yet they are all complicit in throwing around money as much as one another.

Liverpool should be universally detested by all english clubs, more so the clubs that lost out as a result of the Heysel Ban. Their fans booing the national anthem every time they play at Wembley is also very crass, likewise with regularly not observing pre-match minute silences. Celtic are also constantly guilty of this.

Although he is now on the way out, personally I find Klopp often lacks professionalism and can come across as a sore loser, much like Ferguson often was at Man United.

When Ipswich had the likes of Sheepshank and later Marcus Evans at the helm, they were a despisable club, their incompetence epitomised by the fact of entering administration upon PL relegation. Fortunately for Town, they have gotten their act together a bit recently with new ownership that actually seem interested in the team, and a manager that plays decent attacking football.

Apart from that, there have been several clubs with several unfavourable spells which have not won the plaudits with me, but nothing that has made me permenantly detest other teams.

Edited by TheRock

7 minutes ago, TheRock said:

The antics that the "Big Six" showed during the Coronavirus season, and subsequently trying to enact the Super League exodus must not be forgotten. 

They should be encouraged to make it happen, the sooner it happens and they all F e c k off the better!