Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

"Ipswich fans made themselves heard.."

““We bounced back from Cardiff with a couple of wins on the spin. We bounced back from Preston with a lot of wins on the spin. Ultimately, we’ll be defined by how we bounce back.”

Remind us how you bounced back after drawing with us earlier in the season Sam?

• Haha 4

A coach full of Ipswich supporters was pulled over for exceeding the speed limit on the way back to Ipswich after defeat in the East Anglian derby.

Ironically the coach driver is now the only person from Ipswich to leave Norfolk with 3 points in 15 years

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

“They edged it” and “had the better chances”. Really? That wasn’t the game I watched.

13 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Poor binners, any excuse will do.

At last a realistic post from someone who claims to be a realist. 💛💚🙃

• Like 1

McKenna said in his post match interview that after 20 minutes the atmosphere was very quiet....He really needs to take something for that bitter taste in his mouth. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Top corner said:

McKenna said in his post match interview that after 20 minutes the atmosphere was very quiet....He really needs to take something for that bitter taste in his mouth. 

Sounds like he needs some colemans!

• Like 1

I can only assume this was in a pub in Ipswich somewhere, they made some noise before the game kicked off as you would expect but the longer the game went on the quieter they got. 

I genuinely believe that was amongst the worst away support showing I have seen at Carrow Rd this season, a truly shameful effort by the Ippo fans..............

I suspect that of the 400 tickets with held from the binners many were of the 'noisy' type's allocation, hence the silence. And that it was quite clear that we were having the better of the play, and the chances.

It has got to young weasel face because I cannot remember a manager getting into this kind of 'willy waving' over their away fans support.

Quietest ground I've ever been to was Portman Road when I went with a few friends to watch Coventry play there and it was like a library. Carrow Road has been very quiet before, one other away ground I've been to at Reading watching us was completely dead but that game was something else at Ipswich you could hear a pin drop aside from the odd bit of booing. I was on the opposite stand and you could hear Lambert shouting at the players it was that quiet. 

They've perked up a bit because they've suddenly got money and are doing well at the moment but their support is pretty shocking when the chips are down, attendances proved that as did my experience watching them play a big team in L1 because it's not like they were playing Wycombe or Fleetwood so I'm gonna take that as the standard atmosphere they got before things turned around for them. 

No surprise that when they realized they weren't going to have it their way on Saturday that they got really quiet and gave up. Mentally weak. 

37 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Fake news!

You can almost hear a Trump like voice coming out of Mckenna..

"Our fans? Great lads. Great lads, the best lads. They told me, you know. They told me. They said McKenna your lads are great lads. Great lads. That's what they said. Loudest fans in the country, it's true. It's true."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Lying isnt a good look. Did nobody tell him this?

TBF I distinctly heard the sound of full-on sobbing coming from the away end

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You can almost hear a Trump like voice coming out of Mckenna..

"Our fans? Great lads. Great lads, the best lads. They told me, you know. They told me. They said McKenna your lads are great lads. Great lads. That's what they said. Loudest fans in the country, it's true. It's true."

You're disturbingly good at that.