Sign in to follow this  
ridgeman

What have the majority shareholders got to say over Webber .

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Or maybe you should read the title of this thread?  It is about our majority shareholders and that is all I have commented on.

So maybe, just maybe, you can wind your neck in.

I have nothing more to say to someone so angry thanks. I thought this was better than X but maybe I was wrong. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

I have nothing more to say to someone so angry thanks. I thought this was better than X but maybe I was wrong. 

Strange - I’m not remotely angry.  I’m merely confused at why you seem to be applying what I’ve been saying to a totally different question. 

Will the club comment?  I imagine so, it is being pressured to - and it will presumably point to our record of bringing on players from all areas/walks of life without any prejudice.  The focus should be on Webber, not the club, he’s the idiot in this scenario of his own making.

But this thread was about the majority shareholders - and I don’t think they need to/should comment at all.  

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Strange?  I’m not remotely angry.  You do seem to be taking what I say and applying it to a totally different question.

Will the club comment?  I imagine so, it is being pressured to - and it will presumably point to our record of bringing on players from all areas/walks of life.

But this thread was about the majority shareholders - and I don’t think they need to comment at all.  

That's fine , wind your neck in sounds angry to me. Every thread takes different directions , you quoted me , I never said they had to do it , I was saying someone needed to. Some articles are running that he is still our sporting director, some articles saying he has just left, it really is all coming back to our club. We all know how the media work and social media. They don't have to say anything but it maybe best if they made the statement, or someone on their behalf. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Be like me calling Asda to complain that an ex employee insulted me.

Is working /doing your notice period officially mean you are still contracted to your employer? If you are ,then apparently a certain person is till end of this month. 

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

But this thread was about the majority shareholders - and I don’t think they need to/should comment at all.  

Someone at the club is going to have to comment. They’ve been asked to by Kick it Out, the media are all over it and as it stands Webber is still one of our employees, albeit working his notice on gardening leave. At the very least we need to disassociate ourselves from his comments.

We promote ourselves as an inclusive community club, and this flys in the face of that image. Ordinarily the majority shareholders would be the perfect people to respond because it is they that foster the family friendly NCFC brand. Unfortunately because they have tied themselves to SW so openly in recent interviews by suggesting he was hounded out by the 20%, that isn’t going to be as easy as it should be. That’s lack of governance coming back and biting you on the bum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Webber signed Sargent, Sara and Sainz not to forget Rowe coming through the ranks. So why all this vitriol aimed at him? Are fans saying they would rather have none of these players if only the club could have been rid of Webber earlier?

Verdict: Fans are numpties.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Someone at the club is going to have to comment. They’ve been asked to by Kick it Out, the media are all over it and as it stands Webber is still one of our employees, albeit working his notice on gardening leave. At the very least we need to disassociate ourselves from his comments.

We promote ourselves as an inclusive community club, and this flys in the face of that image

Indeed. And, in addition, SW specifically referenced four current or recent-past NCFC players. Apart from anything else the club should be sticking up for them and their families.

• Like 4

i think someone should say something , 

Delia and MWJ  have stated Recently they regard him as a friend and speak so highly of him ,

Zoe his wife works for the club and is very close to Owners and is in a high position within the club 

J Rowe has been one of our best players and is also one of the most valuable  assets ,his family will be rightly very upset by this 

it was not Delia or MWJ  or MA fault webber is a man who thinks he can say what ever he wants without any comeback,

but i feel a statement distancing themselves from Webber is needed 

Club really should be distancing itself from his comments. The more this story spreads, the more our name is dragged through the mud by it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

Yes you did , I said apart from one player. I also didn't say it has to be our majority shareholders. Maybe you should check the media coverage,  every article mentions us , kick it out mentions us , 4 of those players are or were ours , this is as much about us unfortunately as him. If you think the club can say nothing,  then I am amazed. 

I think the club probably would already have said something were it not for the fact that you know who is the chief executive officer 

2 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

Let Mrs Webber handle it

Handle what exactly? Didn't she once greet Stu with the words 'I do'?

39 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Indeed - I dare say the club will comment, and point to all the various players we have signed and brought in, from all parts of the country/world.  But I don’t think it will or should be the majority shareholders. 

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

I think the club probably would already have said something were it not for the fact that you know who is the chief executive officer 

It's not going to be easy , but we also have a very disappointed player out on loan who has spoken up. This could be hugely damaging for our clubs future. 

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I missed nothing at all.

I’m interested why you seem to think NCFC’s majority shareholders are answerable somehow to the personal opinions of ex-employees. 

Suspect he isn't an ex-employee yet therefore it is relevant 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Indeed - I dare say the club will comment, and point to all the various players we have signed and brought in, from all parts of the country/world.  But I don’t think it will or should be the majority shareholders. 

They might start banging on about camels again or something. Maybe let someone else handle it! 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

This could end up being very damaging for the club. I think they do need to speak up. Even kamara has spoken out.

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Delia and MWJ  have stated Recently they regard him as a friend and speak so highly of him ,

Zoe his wife works for the club and is very close to Owners and is in a high position within the club 

J Rowe has been one of our best players and is also one of the most valuable  assets ,his family will be rightly very upset by this 

it was not Delia or MWJ or MA fault Webber is a man who thinks he can say whatever he wants without any comeback

I agree with all that norfolkngood except for the bit in bold.

I’m afraid this is what Corporate Governance is all about. Delia got so indignant about it when asked about it in that recent interview with MA present. There should be checks and balances in place to stop this sort of thing happening. A very senior employee making unwise media comments about other club employees without having to have that passed first by someone at the club shouldn’t be allowed to happen. Likewise there should be a gagging order in place so that SW cannot comment on NCFC without their permission once he has left. It’s common practice and something I bet SW would insist on himself.

Im afraid it looks like it’s all been taken on trust and friendship without the need for anything corporately binding. It’s the very root of that questing that was brushed aside too easily.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i Feel for all the players mentioned 

we know most about the ones who have played for the club 

None seemed like troublemakers in fact seemed they were some of the most professional players we have had ,

J Rowe how he must be feeling if his Parents are upset ,

i know if it was me i would be asking questions from Zoe about what her Hubbie has said about myself and family and MWJ and Delia what their Close Friend has said about my family 

• Like 1

This thread is like scraping around the folks who haven't had a bad result to get mad about recently... 

I suspect that there may well be a statement at some point,  I doubt it'll be anything but an official club statement. I also suspect that as it is a weekend, it won't be for a day or so yet. Not only that, I suspect that the club will speak to the players involved first, if possible (Sterling), and then Mr. Webber.

The thing I find most baffling is just how hypocritical fans can be. A number of folks on here have said fairly outrageous things in type on here before, some of whom, no doubt, are the ones taking shots and trying to make this about M&D again. I can't wait, for their sake, for the day the new shareholding is confirmed so that people will happily attack MA in the same way... only they won't. 

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

I’m afraid this is what Corporate Governance is all about. Delia got so indignant about it when asked about it in that recent interview with MA present. There should be checks and balances in place to stop this sort of thing happening. A very senior employee making unwise media comments about other club employees without having to have that passed first by someone at the club shouldn’t be allowed to happen. Likewise there should be a gagging order in place so that SW cannot comment on NCFC without their permission once he has left. It’s common practice and something I bet SW would insist on himself.

Im afraid it looks like it’s all been taken on trust and friendship without the need for anything corporately binding. It’s the very root of that questing that was brushed aside too easily.

yes that should of been nipped in the bud when he first started so i agree i got that wrong 

the bust up with fans outside the main stand and the snakepit and other comments went without a apology or a statement 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

It's not going to be easy , but we also have a very disappointed player out on loan who has spoken up. This could be hugely damaging for our clubs future. 

You've made your point, it's fairly weak, but you've made it. Saying it over and over again ad nauseum isn't going to encourage people to agree with it, in fact, it'll more likely do the opposite. When it has become the disaster story you want it to be, perhaps that's the point you can discuss how it should have been handled better? 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I’m not really sure he should be doing interviews whilst working out his notice. It’s equally inappropriate for him to be talking about things like selling Sargent for £20m when he’s still employed by the club and his wife is the senior executive board member 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why should our majority shareholders voice any opinion at all on an ex-employee making a **** of himself? 

Because two of their current employees were smeared by him and they should show their support to those two employees?

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

it was not Delia or MWJ  or MA fault webber is a man who thinks he can say what ever he wants without any comeback,

Of all the posts logged via multiple threads on this subject - this statement hit home the most ! It is imperative that the club takes a strong stance to disassociate itself from Webber. The consequence for the club is absolutely massive !  Webber has offended not only the players but their parents as well. Jonathan Rowe is currently one of the superstars of our club - Webber may have helped him decide whether to play for us next season or not !

Our club is about recruiting young trainees and developing them into potential superstars -  young stars will avoid us like the plague ! Who will want to join us ?

The club must show that it is outraged with Webber's comments - sue him for putting the club at risk and standing down Zoe ! The future of the club is at stake so the club must act decisively. We must be clean and pure of Webber !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Mengo said:

Is working /doing your notice period officially mean you are still contracted to your employer? If you are ,then apparently a certain person is till end of this month. 

Not straight forward, I suspect that whilst he is within his contractually obligated notice period he could essentially still be "sacked"? However, he doesn't hold a post at the club, nor is he working for the club any longer so far as we are led to believe. After all, we were told by the pinkun he had left his post some months ago now.

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not straight forward, I suspect that whilst he is within his contractually obligated notice period he could essentially still be "sacked"? However, he doesn't hold a post at the club, nor is he working for the club any longer so far as we are led to believe. After all, we were told by the pinkun he had left his post some months ago now.

Nothing is ever straight forward Chicken. You must be getting dizzy ,jumping from post to post😉. I think another one on a similar topic started a few minutes ago.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Be like me calling Asda to complain that an ex employee insulted me.

...but any potential future employee may want to know if there is still a culture of racism at that organization?

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...but any potential future employee may want to know if there is still a culture of racism at that organization?

“Still”?  You have some sort of proof to back up that there has been such a culture?  I’d be careful making such accusations.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...but any potential future employee may want to know if there is still a culture of racism at that organization?

I think they'll want to know if there was a 'culture' of racism before asking if there is 'still' one.

I really hope folks are learning from this though. These prejudices are not uncommon nor limited to the backgrounds or heritages of the players in this case.

Rather than being better, current I feel it's the worse time in my memory for the prevelence of it.