So after a thrashing of Rotherham we are away to the The Potteries at the weekend. Stoke have had quite an awful season, and sit 19th however they did beat Preston 2-1 in their last match and managed to resist Leeds and only lost 1-0 to them even after going down to 10 men.

I do feel this one will be tougher than it seems. We are never that good away from home and Stoke despite their league position do seem much better than say Rotherham.

Dare I say I feel a draw is likely?

An away game that cries out for an easy win but City are crap on the road so it will be close - 2-1 to cement 6th place.

Their best player burger is suspended too. But yep will be very tricky and we aren't great in the games prior to an international break😏

I'm with Cambridge on this one. They played well against Leeds and I expect a tough game. If we play like we did for the first half hour away to Middlesbrough then we should be okay but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a draw. 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So after a thrashing of Rotherham we are away to the The Potteries at the weekend.

We are in the Potteries at the weekend but away to the Potters ( Mr Pedant )

Needs to be a three pointer. I fancy us to come away with a 3-1 win.

I haven’t seen City win away since Huddersfield and the injury that screwed our away season.  I’m expecting a 1-1 draw because we’re better than them, but have you seen our away form?

• Like 2

It'll be a tough one. We're not great away, and they're at the stage where they're fighting for their lives a bit, but if we want to underline our potential for the play-offs, this is one we need to win.

Stoke aren't in great shape themselves either, so I can see a pretty dour sort of tussle, the kind of match where mistakes made determine it. I think we'll get a point, I'm just not sure we'll get all three.

2-2 draw, I think.

Posted (edited)

I always try to get to the game at Stoke since I live less than an hour away, but my experience had been pretty much consistently miserable, both the results and the fact there’s something about the way the ground is sited that means there tends to be an evil wind blowing straight at the away end.

Whatever, I predict I will leave with a sore throat, we need to roar the team on!!! Where our twelfth man??? 😳

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

Will be a tough game no doubt as I think they are in a bit of a false position. Stats wise they are better than their current position but still very mid table. Wouter Burger is a big miss but on the counter they have quality in Campbell and Bae plus very good January addition of Million Manhoef.

However, our aspirations require a win. Need to win that midfield battle, and it will be a battle Ben Pearson and Jordan Thompson currently have 20 yellow cards and 2 red cards between them this season so far, and our quality will tell. NCFC to win 3-1 with Sarge continuing his good form. 

If we play like we did in the first half hour at Boro we'll win comfortably. But before Sainz was sent off in that game I was struck by Goreham saying we hadn't kept an away clean sheet since (I think) September. Could do with putting that right. 

But we're playing well at the moment. Let's be positive. 2-0 City.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Quite frankly the way we were outplaying Cardiff before the sending off raises my estimation of the team, and even of Wagner, enormously. It was not the first recent performance of note. 

Cardiff, a decent team, were completely outplayed. Rotherham was insignificant despite the score-line.

We are a more than decent team on a roll. Make no mistake, and it is only appalling luck that could derail us.

I haven't felt so confident about NCFC since the days of Farke in his Championship prime.

Bring on the Binners say I. Something I have never been confident of saying before during this season of turmoil.

Edited by BroadstairsR

It will be an uphill struggle (my wife checked GoogleMaps and it’s apparently a 45 walk from the train station to the stadium, up a hill-so I’m getting the bus).

In all seriousness, this was my prediction on the PUPs thread:

IMG_0140.jpeg