KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Rotherham***

Posted (edited)

Fortress Carrow Road hosts the Millers this afternoon with a buzz that we are actually still in with a shout of putting out the binners in the playoffs! That playoff race is currently hampered by poor away form and nothing highlights that more than losing at Rotherham last time out with Hugill scoring. How bad can you get. However at home we are master and commander with Sargent scoring and things are finally clicking. Rotherham on the other hand are rock bottom and have conceded 73 goals this season having lost their last 8 games. There is no along comes Norwich this time. Burn your 4 leaf clovers. 3 points are in the bag! OTBC

Pic.jpg.2a511a62bdf84bbfc7ada2b38a302725.jpg

News - Sainz(Available,Red-Rescinded), Hanley(Maybe,Ankle,heavy knock), U21s's beat Leeds 0:2
            Wagner "Sydneys not fit yet"
            Bassong "In the play-off final at Wembley, Norwich v Ipswich. Norwich beating up Ipswich easy"

Food - Early Bird 25% off Booze and Food/Drink - Lion & Castle(12-2.15pm), 1902(12.30-2.15pm),Stadium Kiosks(1.30-2.15pm)
New Food - There is now a gluten free pie and beer into all concourse areas, as well as adding 0% beer in selected Kiosks

Match Preview - https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/preview/preview-norwich-vs-rotherham-prediction-team-news-lineups_538432.html

Opponents Thread(Rubbish) - https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/score-prediction-millers-v-norwich-city.137129/

Superfan - Nominations are now open for the Michelle Dack fan of the season https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/nominations-open-for-2023-24-michelle-dack-fan-of-the-season

For the Kids - The Junior FanZone is open from 12.30pm over at Carrow Park opposite the South Stand, where any juniors with a match ticket can take part in fun activities.

63281500_Pic2.thumb.jpg.2cd65c11b6cb825668c1b21207929553.jpg

Goalkeeping of the Week! - Goes to Striker Lawerence Shankland of Hearts for this amazing catch.

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's poised to be an interesting one. The manner of the defeat in midweek should light a fire under the team, Rotherham might be in for a battering.

But, football is wonky sometimes and there always seems to be a struggling team that doubles us every season. I'm rather hoping Boro have just pipped Rotherham to that title as both defeats to them this year were horrendous.

• Like 1

I feel good, the sun is shining - its a beautiful day & I'm absolutely buzzing to get to the ground. 

An early goal to set the tempo is essential & I think we will get it, with a goal in the first 7 minutes. 

I'm going 3-0. 

Come on Norwich!!!!! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

It's poised to be an interesting one. The manner of the defeat in midweek should light a fire under the team, Rotherham might be in for a battering.

But, football is wonky sometimes and there always seems to be a struggling team that doubles us every season. I'm rather hoping Boro have just pipped Rotherham to that title as both defeats to them this year were horrendous.

Rotherham aren’t going to be a pushover, they were extremely unlucky to lose to Europe’s finest, the binners, only recently. 

• Haha 2

We have to have one eye the goal difference today.

Needs to be a positive attacking performance right from the off.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Agree with this, righting the injustice must be foremost in the mind of the team, I know they should be fully motivated anyway, but this should ratchet up the fire in the belly IMO.

Binners could go top today? Another Leicester defeat blows this league wide open.

Some of the players might be jaded. Will be interesting to see if Wagner shuffles the pack, particularly Barnes. Coventry ripped them to threads so they are there for the taking.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Binners could go top today? Another Leicester defeat blows this league wide open.

Some of the players might be jaded. Will be interesting to see if Wagner shuffles the pack, particularly Barnes. Coventry ripped them to threads so they are there for the taking.

Given McLean is one card way from a suspention I imagine Nunez will be replacing him, and of course Hanley is injured but I imagine those will be the only two changes

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given McLean is one card way from a suspention I imagine Nunez will be replacing him, and of course Hanley is injured but I imagine those will be the only two changes

If Hanley is out then Kenny will definitely play if only to be captain. This is why it's important to be on the front foot, be positive, get a comfortable lead and then start to make substitutions. 

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not a dig Cambridge, but don't see the logic in this, if he's one game away from suspension, he's still available, it should, and I suspect will make no difference to Wagner's selection criteria. 

I went to Rotherham for our away game defeat and we owe them one....

I hope today I witness us run riot and score a shed full of goals....

If we fail to win today?.....I'll be screaming "Jonny Howson is innocent!" at the full-time whistle.....

5 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Not a dig Cambridge, but don't see the logic in this, if he's one game away from suspension, he's still available, it should, and I suspect will make no difference to Wagner's selection criteria. 

Tell him to behave himself and get him off asap 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think McLean will be starting given Wagner admitted he subbed him off at Middlesborough to be fresher for the weekend. As the game was lost. Having a yellow would have made it more sense.

Edited by KiwiScot

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Absolutely no chance of this. All McLean risks is a two-match ban. Quite why you would voluntarily suspend him for one game to avoid that is beyond me. All he needs to do is not get booked, which surely should not be beyond him. Best-case scenario is to get the game won and sub him after an hour or so.

It's a shame Hanley is injured because I'd imagine that DW would like to play Kenny at CB today in place of Gibbo. But if Sorenson is going to have to replace Hanley surely he won't play two midfielders at the back? Especially against an opposition that I assume will be quite physical...

Edit: is Duffy fit?

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Absolutely no chance of this. All McLean risks is a two-match ban. Quite why you would voluntarily suspend him for one game to avoid that is beyond me. All he needs to do is not get booked, which surely should not be beyond him. Best-case scenario is to get the game won and sub him after an hour or so.

It's a shame Hanley is injured because I'd imagine that DW would like to play Kenny at CB today in place of Gibbo. But if Sorenson is going to have to replace Hanley surely he won't play two midfielders at the back? Especially against an opposition that I assume will be quite physical...

Edit: is Duffy fit?

Dont think Duffy is. Batth is.. But.. Does Wagner know he exists?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

Food - Early Bird 25% off Booze and Food/Drink - Lion & Castle(12-2.15pm), 1902(12.30-2.15pm),Stadium Kiosks(1.30-2.15pm)

Is this a regular thing? I never get to a ground much before 2.30 nowadays. Interesting initiative.

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Also, don't we also have @norwich canary doing a streak at some point? 🥸

My understanding is it will take place in The Gunn Club.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

His modesty protected by the scampi?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Just a French fry I believe.

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The streak has happened in the Gunn club and there has as a result a rush on the archers sausage baguette  

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

For those asking about the scampi . This is todays offering 

IMG_1445.jpeg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

The streak has happened in the Gunn club and there has as a result a rush on the archers sausage baguette  

An unusual choice for a blindfold but needs must I suppose.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

That'll be streak an' chips all round then.....