Is on Coventry Watford this weekend . Unbelievable . 

By the way if you are reading this Bob, you are a fat balding twàt . There ,  that should give you a few more reasons  to mock disabled people. 

• Haha 1

This is horrifying.

Now I maybe angry and be insisting that Madeley cheated, but will I believe that when I calm down ? Probably not.

However have the EFL not just opened themselves up to a huge can of worms if there is a contentious decision in favour of Coventry. In theory our club should be objecting to this appointment, but we all know how that works, we object, they instruct all refs to to think about their decisions.

Posted (edited)

Ffs, all this is nonsense! Every set of fans moans about the ref when he gets things wrong and say he should be stopped from refereeing, why? I’d love to meet a human being who’s never made a mistake in his life!

If the EFL/FA listened to every set of bleating fans there would be no games played as all the refs would be sacked if they had their way!

Yes, it was a harsh decision but how many people on here are actually qualified refs? You have a split second to make a decision and a lot of the problem nowadays is too much fast tracking to higher levels. Instead give these guys longer times between each level. 

Edited by TheBaldOne66
  • Like 1

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

Ffs, all this is nonsense! Every set of fans moans about the red when he gets things wrong and say he should be stopped from refereeing, why? I’d love to meet a human being who’s never made a mistake in his life!

If the EFL/FA listened to every set of bleating fans there would be no games played as all the refs would be sacked if they had their way!

Yes, it was a harsh decision but how many people on here are actually qualified refs? You have a split second to make a decision and a lot of the problem nowadays is too much fast tracking to higher levels. Instead give these guys longer times between each level. 

He missed the assault by Ayling, then the studs up from Howson , then got the red card wrong.     He should be getting a better success rate than none in 3 !!!!

I hope he falls out of bed in the morning. I hope his coffee machine breaks when he goes to make his morning brew. I hope his shower only gives him hot water. I hope he accidently tears a hole in his favorite shirt while getting dressed. I hope he gets stopped at every red light on the way to the stadium and his car breaks down half way

• Haha 1

Just now, mccanary said:

He missed the assault by Ayling, then the studs up from Howson , then got the red card wrong.     He should be getting a better success rate than none in 3 !!!!

Really? And no decisions over the season have been wrong in our favour? Don’t hear anyone bleating then do we?

It’s gone, get over it!

6 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Ffs, all this is nonsense! Every set of fans moans about the ref when he gets things wrong and say he should be stopped from refereeing, why? I’d love to meet a human being who’s never made a mistake in his life!

Good to see the bald community standing as one

• Haha 7

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

Grow up ffs

It was just a joke. For what it's worth, I agree with you. Refs make mistakes, just like footballers. We move on.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

What if.... It was just poor judgement, and he's feeling disappointed and somewhat guilty about it today?

Not saying that's the case, but this idea that he dislikes us and will now deliberately 'help' Coventry is fantasy, surely.

There's far too much hate in this world, and we should do more to lessen it not add.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

how many people on here are actually qualified refs? 

I passed the refs exam. Not sure if that makes me “qualified” or what definition you use 
Making mistakes and offering yourself up as a professional ref are massively different . Madley was a professional , on the prem list , until he got sacked . For sending text messages about disabled people. 

Defend him as much as you like . He is a **** of the highest order . 

23 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think they should also give him the VAR job for Liverpool v Man City 

Can you imagine what Klopp would have done on Wednesday night. Would have made the 10 o’clock news and Madley would be on the Blue Square this week

PS for the sake of clarity I know there isn’t a Blue Square any more but it is a comedy league name of high standing .   

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What if.... It was just poor judgement, and he's feeling disappointed and somewhat guilty about it today?

Not saying that's the case, but this idea that he dislikes us and will now deliberately 'help' Coventry is fantasy, surely.

There's far too much hate in this world, and we should do more to lessen it not add.

Do you think in any way that he was influenced by Borja being sent off before? 

I'm fed up with it. I've seen it with Maddison, Buendia and now Sainz. They get kicked all over the pitch in the Championship and it's ignored. 

I pay to watch gifted players like that. I don't pay to watch the opposition trying to hurt them. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I passed the refs exam. Not sure if that makes me “qualified” or what definition you use 
Making mistakes and offering yourself up as a professional ref are massively different . Madley was a professional , on the prem list , until he got sacked . For sending text messages about disabled people. 

Defend him as much as you like . He is a **** of the highest order . 

I had no idea about that. Appalling.

But it is an interesting concept that referees need to have an unblemished moral character for the Premier League but not for the Championship. Not at all sure the Premier League has earned the right to stand in moral judgment like that on anybody or anything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

I had no idea about that. Appalling.

But it is an interesting concept that referees need to have an unblemished moral character for the Premier League but not for the Championship. Not at all sure the Premier League has earned the right to stand in moral judgment like that on anybody or anything.

He has done 2 prem games since returning from his sacking . 1 last year and 1 this. This years was Brentford / Bournemouth which (with no due respect) is a hide up game that PGMOL use when they are short of refs.

1 game , nothing since game day 4 , tells you what the prem think of him.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think they should also give him the VAR job for Liverpool v Man City 

No need. It's already decided Liverpool will get all the 50/50 decisions as the league would rather they win.

15 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

No need. It's already decided Liverpool will get all the 50/50 decisions as the league would rather they win.

I just gave Ivan Toney a call. He said 1.1 draw. Might be worth a couple of quid. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Do you think in any way that he was influenced by Borja being sent off before? 

No, I don't.  I can see him being influenced by someone like Howson who's someone you'd normally consider to be an honest guy though.

The idea that a ref highlights one of our players and deliberate treats them unfairly just seems out of whack to me.  And then people suggesting that he'll do Coventry a favour now to spite us is just wild, isn't it?

He's just incapable of making the right calls I feel, and if he had any questions regarding Sainz pre-game he would've likely had a word with him when this instance took place, pulled bother players together and issued a caution.  But his initial call looked like it was to give us a free kick and his eyes were looking further away.

As it was, when he turned back and saw something had occured, I strongly suspect that Sainz is a nobody player to him, Johnny is someone he's worked with multiple times in the past and he had a decision to make and just lost his head.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I pay to watch gifted players like that. I don't pay to watch the opposition trying to hurt them. 

Sainz was the one going into that tackle just as hard.  People have been posting on here that Howson went in to hurt him are basing that off a very misleading still frame, truth is Howson got the ball and was there ahead of him and turned his body away.

Edit: here's a capture...

2075500728_8ijlkm(1).gif.62aa41b629b7da7e2f95332924a60537.gif

Edited by Google Bot

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Is on Coventry Watford this weekend . Unbelievable . 

By the way if you are reading this Bob, you are a fat balding twàt . There ,  that should give you a few more reasons  to mock disabled people. 

"HEY BOBBY! You know how you made that incomprehensible error that was so bad we couldn't even refuse to over turn it? 

Oh, and you know how that awful decision directly influenced the play off race?

How'd you like to do it all again 3 days later?"

• Haha 1

I’m convinced that without the sending off we would have won that game. If we miss out on the playoffs by these three points they’ll be hell to pay on here.

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I was thinking the same.  I am sure the panel reviewed the footage, but pretty sure the ref will have also reflected on it and possibly commented that he thought he saw this but in hindsight he was not correct and said so in the match report.  It was a decision, I did not get the decision as both Aylings and Howsons challenges which were both more dangerous than the perceived violent conduct.

56 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I’m convinced that without the sending off we would have won that game. If we miss out on the playoffs by these three points they’ll be hell to pay on here.

There is normally a clause in the contract when clubs sign upto the league preventing this, although there have been some high profile compensations paid for poor decisions, for me it is wrong, if you want perfect decision making you need VAR and a team of people, and accept the imperfections it brings.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

No, I don't.  I can see him being influenced by someone like Howson who's someone you'd normally consider to be an honest guy though.

The idea that a ref highlights one of our players and deliberate treats them unfairly just seems out of whack to me.  And then people suggesting that he'll do Coventry a favour now to spite us is just wild, isn't it?

He's just incapable of making the right calls I feel, and if he had any questions regarding Sainz pre-game he would've likely had a word with him when this instance took place, pulled bother players together and issued a caution.  But his initial call looked like it was to give us a free kick and his eyes were looking further away.

As it was, when he turned back and saw something had occured, I strongly suspect that Sainz is a nobody player to him, Johnny is someone he's worked with multiple times in the past and he had a decision to make and just lost his head.

Sainz was the one going into that tackle just as hard.  People have been posting on here that Howson went in to hurt him are basing that off a very misleading still frame, truth is Howson got the ball and was there ahead of him and turned his body away.

Edit: here's a capture...

2075500728_8ijlkm(1).gif.62aa41b629b7da7e2f95332924a60537.gif

The difference is that Howson kicks Borja, whilst Sainz plays the ball.  Therefore Howson was either out of control and endangering the player or he deliberately kicked him.  I am pretty sure it is the first, and therefore a judgement decision for the ref.  

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

The difference is that Howson kicks Borja, whilst Sainz plays the ball.

Not so sure, I see both players going in and both turning out at the end, personally.  I don't see any wrong-doing there from either if i'm honest.   Howson is turning his body to avoid getting hurt as his left leg is most prone due it being planted to play the ball.

And despite the people knocking Sainz's intellect post game, you could see how smart he was in that challenge as has read the movement, and sought to slide in front of Howson.  There's no malice whatsoever, if there was and that was in his locker, he would've been going into that tackle much more direct on the player.

Edited by Google Bot

Just now, Google Bot said:

Not so sure, I see both players going in and both turning out at the end, personally.  I don't see any wrong-doing there from either if i'm honest.   Howson is turning his body to avoid getting hurt as his left leg is most prone due it being planted to play the ball.

And despite the people knocking Sainz's intellect post game, you could see how smart he was in that challenge as has read the movement, and sought to slide in front of Howson.  There's no malice whatsoever.

Fair enough - I thought that Sainz played the ball and Howson impacted Sainz leg with force and as a result he spun around.  I am not sure malice is relevant, but fair enough it is a nuanced decision and we all see things differently.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Fair enough - I thought that Sainz played the ball and Howson impacted Sainz leg with force and as a result he spun around. 

That's what a lot of people think, but Howson got to the ball and Sainz was reading this and sliding in front.

I think the spin is Sainz trying to curl his body around to nick the ball from in front and then he just goes loose when he doesn't get it, i just grabbed it again in better quality, hopefully this shows it better:

SainzHowson.gif.514d29513d6768374dc1875898d1ca28.gif

Edited by Google Bot

I think I’m right in saying the PGMOL and EFL release their appointments each Monday for the entire week ahead. Therefore Madley would have been appointed to Coventry v Watford on Monday this week, before the Middlesbrough debacle. Yes, they probably could’ve taken him off the game if they really wanted to, but it might be more telling to look out for wherever he gets appointed to (if anywhere) next week.

18 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That's what a lot of people think, but Howson got to the ball and Sainz was reading this and sliding in front.

I think the spin is Sainz trying to curl his body around to nick the ball from in front and then he just goes loose when he doesn't get it, i just grabbed it again in better quality, hopefully this shows it better:

SainzHowson.gif.514d29513d6768374dc1875898d1ca28.gif

I guess we all see things differently, for me this shows Sainz plays the ball and is spun around by Howson's momentum / impact.  

• Like 1