Sign in to follow this  
Bobzilla

Chance of Ipswich tickets?

14 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Waveney can only dream of being a teenager again ( big smile )

Still very yoof full in the head 

• Haha 1

I think you might be able to get one ticket from buyback if someone can't go last minute, but I'd be very surprised if you're able to get two together. Two in the same block, if you're very lucky, would be about the best you could vaguely hope for, I reckon.

Well, this particular plastic just managed to score two tickets in the old Riverside (Regency Security now, but will always be Riverside to me).  First time I’ve been in a lower tier at Carrow Road.  I’ve always been upper tier.  And yes, I know that the other end is the fun end, and the Riverside has a bit of a boring reputation, but you know what?  I don’t much care.  I’ve got tickets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bobzilla said:

Well, this particular plastic just managed to score two tickets in the old Riverside (Regency Security now, but will always be Riverside to me).  First time I’ve been in a lower tier at Carrow Road.  I’ve always been upper tier.  And yes, I know that the other end is the fun end, and the Riverside has a bit of a boring reputation, but you know what?  I don’t much care.  I’ve got tickets.

Enjoy the game. 

Good job in getting tickets, I have never known it as Riverside, always been River end to me

26 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Good job in getting tickets, I have never known it as Riverside, always been River end to me

Smells of bin to me as well 

2 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

Well done! You never know they may have a spare meal for you.

I am sure the poster has made a genuine error. It has always been the River End. OTBC 😉

Don't blame Bobzilla if predictive text makes him look like a numpty / binner.

Enjoy the match, there's nothing wrong with the River End lower tier. At least most people stay awake there, in case they have to avoid a flying football, unlike the upper tier, where we are more likely to nod off.

On 27/02/2024 at 17:19, ......and Smith must score. said:

Waveney can only dream of being a teenager again ( big smile )

And thats the saddest part.

A quick scan of the seating plan on the Club website and it looks like at a guess less than 100 seats left and they are all littered about in the Regency Stand.

3 hours ago, A K Narey said:

I am sure the poster has made a genuine error. It has always been the River End. OTBC 😉

True.  Just checked my ticket for the last time I was in it, 16 years ago when Mike Walker was back in charge for his second stint.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A quick scan of the seating plan on the Club website and it looks like at a guess less than 100 seats left and they are all littered about in the Regency Stand.

~240 from a count up, a handful in the South, a smattering in the Regency, and a fair few restricted view seats in the corner infills.

53 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

True.  Just checked my ticket for the last time I was in it, 16 years ago when Mike Walker was back in charge for his second stint.

You mean 26 years ago? 🤔

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

You mean 26 years ago? 🤔

****.  Yes I do.  When I typed it I thought that it couldn’t have been 16 years ago.  It turns out that 1996 was 26 years ago.  

Thanks.  You just made me feel really fũcking old.  Now I’m Mr Angry.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bobzilla said:

****.  Yes I do.  When I typed it I thought that it couldn’t have been 16 years ago.  It turns out that 1996 was 26 years ago.  

Not wanting to kick a man when he’s down or anything but it’s now 2024 and 28 years since 1996 

Now you’re Mr Very Angry 😂

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Not wanting to kick a man when he’s down or anything but it’s now 2024 and 28 years since 1996 

Now you’re Mr Very Angry 😂

In the nicest possible way, **** off.  😞

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by Mr Angry
Deleted, already been pointed out

9 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

Hang on ? The Riverside ? When was the River End called the Riverside? 

And “the other end” ? You mean the Barclay ? 
Do we have a whiff of wheelie amongst us? 

28 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

😂 good work if it is 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

No. It’s takes one click to see that Bobzilla has been posting on here since 2008, and has done so 287 times. 

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No. It’s takes one click to see that Bobzilla has been posting on here since 2008, and has done so 287 times. 

Doesn’t mean anything. Do you sit in the Riverside ? Or the Other End? 

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

That’s nearly as many as Cambridge has posted on here since 20.08 tonight 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I figured that everyone on here would know which end I meant if I didn’t explicitly use the word ‘Barclay’, and not automatically assume that I was a binner.  I forgot about ‘Normal for Norfolk’ though.  

I can tell you tales of being sat in the Barclay for my first match in April 94, watching us leading 4-3 against Southhampton, only for Ken ****ing Monkou, a defender described by the programme as ‘extremely effective in the air’, to pop up in extra time and score with a header from a corner right in the centre of the goal right in front of me, sending me home distraught after a nerve-wracking 5-4 loss (the 4th Southampton goal was around 72 ish minutes from the notes on programme).  

Or watching us beat Leeds 2-1 the week after John Newsome slipped and lobbed Tim Flowers from pretty much the right touchline - still got the newspaper cutting from that one, and was gutted to not be in the stands for it.

But I very much doubt that will convince you.  

I haven’t been to a fantastic number of games - kind of comes from living in Surrey for most of my life with a dad that had no interest in football - but I am no binner.

Edited by Bobzilla
Forgot that 5-4 is a loss, not a draw!!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Bobzilla said:

I figured that everyone on here would know which end I meant if I didn’t explicitly use the word ‘Barclay’, and not automatically assume that I was a binner.  I forgot about ‘Normal for Norfolk’ though.  

I can tell you tales of being sat in the Barclay for my first match in April 94, watching us leading 4-3 against Southhampton, only for Ken ****ing Monkou, a defender described by the programme as ‘extremely effective in the air’, to pop up in extra time and score with a header from a corner right in the centre of the goal right in front of me, sending me home distraught after a nerve-wracking 5-4 loss (the 4th Southampton goal was around 72 ish minutes from the notes on programme).  

Or watching us beat Leeds 2-1 the week after John Newsome slipped and lobbed Tim Flowers from pretty much the right touchline - still got the newspaper cutting from that one, and was gutted to not be in the stands for it.

But I very much doubt that will convince you.  

I haven’t been to a fantastic number of games - kind of comes from living in Surrey for most of my life with a dad that had no interest in football - but I am no binner.

Bob. Happy to say I am convinced and glad you got a ticket. Not sure about Normal for Norfolk though. Bit harsh. I was born in Bury St Edmunds. 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Bob. Happy to say I am convinced and glad you got a ticket. Not sure about Normal for Norfolk though. Bit harsh. I was born in Bury St Edmunds. 

Binner.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Isn't that Suffolk? Best not ask about the family briar patch...

Edited by Bobzilla