Absolutely brilliant header! Those who keep bugging up Barnes and criticising Idah out to be a little more humble, I’d much rather we kept a striker who score 10 goals and creates more!

• Like 2

Could have done with a substitute like that yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Absolutely brilliant header! Those who keep bugging up Barnes and criticising Idah out to be a little more humble, I’d much rather we kept a striker who score 10 goals and creates more!

Tbh I can’t recall too many bigging up Barnes, but they are used for pretty different roles - he has the physicality that Idah doesn’t yet know how to use.  But his confidence can surely only grow playing up there in the mixed-level SPL, which is good for us and him.

18 minutes ago, Indy said:

Barnes has been good for us. I'm more concerned Knapper was happy to loan out Idah and bring in a non match fit striker who doesn't look a similar style of player for what we need.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Barnes has been good for us. I'm more concerned Knapper was happy to loan out Idah and bring in a non match fit striker who doesn't look a similar style of player for what we need.

Great header from Idah 

i imagine if Adam does well he might want to stay at Celtic ,

could be Celtics 1st choice striker ,European Football ,Big club 

if he is Enjoy life up there playing well and maybe winning something be hard to come back unless starting here ,

that brings be onto SVH i imagine the boy is wondering why he has joined us ,

if SVH is any sort of decent player he will not sign if he is not getting game time 

34 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tbh I can’t recall too many bigging up Barnes, but they are used for pretty different roles - he has the physicality that Idah doesn’t yet know how to use.  But his confidence can surely only grow playing up there in the mixed-level SPL, which is good for us and him.

Hasn’t got the physicality of Barnes! He’s just an old scrapper! Idah has the size and power and end product unlike Barnes! Just hasn’t been given the chance by a lot of online supporters! They’d rather watch someone who fights than score goals.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Has he? I think he’s another player who rose tinted fans see more than he actually delivers, still each to their own, I’d much rather start a player who’s score 11 goals than on old journeyman released on a free! Just my view.

Edited by Indy

Lovely finishes from AI in that game. 

This lad is clearly all about confidence and drawing some of that from the crowd, as such there's no way in hell he'd have finished that second one first time for us.

I have a feeling it's the last we've seen of him in yellow. He'll stay at Celtic. 

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Hasn’t got the physicality of Barnes! He’s just an old scrapper! Idah has the size and power and end product unlike Barnes! Just hasn’t been given the chance by a lot of online supporters! They’d rather watch some fight than score!

Crikey - that’s a lot of’!!’

The idea that Idah hasn’t been given chances is laughable - but I’ve always been one that backed him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

How's our Idah replacement doing?

Answer, getting splinters.

So was our idah when we had him here. 🤣

• Like 1

Not looking like great business to loan him out at the moment, but if he has a huge impact at Celtic, he either comes back with confidence or puts a zero on his value...

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Not looking like great business to loan him out at the moment, but if he has a huge impact at Celtic, he either comes back with confidence or puts a zero on his value...

Bit of a gap in quality between Championship teams and Motherwell mind

• Like 1

I'm not taking a dig at Idah, fair play on the goals, but the Scottish league is garbage. Celtic fans celebrating like they've won the champions league away against an awful Motherwell team.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Crikey - that’s a lot of’!!’

The idea that Idah hasn’t been given chances is laughable - but I’ve always been one that backed him.

Argh the Superior support syndrome again! So you think he’s been given a fair chance by all those fans turning on him online? 

30 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Van Hooijdonk not coming on in the last 15/20 minutes has nothing to do with a lack of match fitness and all to do with Wagner not choosing to bring him on. We know that Idah would've been 3rd choice behind Sargent and Barnes so his game time would've been limited anyway. He'd have probably been 4th choice if Wagner had got his way and we'd kept Hwang too. Knapper has the job of balancing this season and the next, but whatever players he brings in will always be beholden to who the manager picks.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Has he? I think he’s another player who rose tinted fans see more than he actually delivers, still each to their own, I’d much rather start a player who’s score 11 goals than on old journeyman released on a free! Just my view.

Nah, his link up play with Sargent has been pivotal and if you get to speak to Josh 1 on 1 he will sing the praises of how much Barnes helps him.

I think Barnes is the opposite to what you say, because he's not a big goalscorer fans don't bother noticing the space he creates for Sargent, the positions he takes up to occupy multiple opposition players etc.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Bit of a gap in quality between Championship teams and Motherwell mind

Indeed, it’s not like Pukki didn’t make it with Celtic! Hmmm. ****e league! Why try to diss the lads quality finishing?

• Like 2