Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

How much have we missed Rowe?

Now of course before we start would like to say that just like everyone else I think Rowe is a fantastic player. One that will have a very bright and big future, of that there is no doubt. Hell, I even told you so almost two years ago😉

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/147266-rowe-rowe-rowe-your-boat/#comments

However think it's fair to say that when we got the news that Rowe is set to miss a few months we all panicked a little. But now we have played a couple matches without him.. Well, let's look at our last two matches. Eight goals scored without him!

So all in all, while losing Rowe is a bummer..

Have we missed him?

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Kind of proves we have a strong squad, doesn't it. Him becoming available again at some point will only maker us stronger.

Rowes missing, Sargents not fully fit..

Rather looking forward to it

We haven't missed him yet, but absolutely will.

Out top six chances almost entirely rests on injuries IMO, we can't really afford any more to our key men. 

• Like 3

Scoring 8 goals without him is obviously a good thing, but you always wan't your best players available so yeah, to me it's still a big blow having him out injured for a while.

We have done extremely well without him for sure to this point, but effectively it is four and a half matches (4 in the league, with 3 being at home) that he has been missing since the Leeds game. I appreciate he came off the bench for a short time in the QPR game before he got his hamstring injury. I would say that we will miss him against the really top sides where you need that extra little piece of brilliance from someone. For example, when Rowe was very influential in the goal against Southampton at home. Thankfully, we do not have too many of those teams to play this side of the Birmingham game.

It needs to be noted that overall the team has been playing soooo much better in general and his loss has been reduced because of this. Especially, the return of Josh and our midfielders producing some goals. 

It will be brilliant if he can play a part before the end of the scheduled season and to then be fully fit for the play offs as he could make the difference, even from the bench. He remains our top goal scorer, at least for a little time, until Josh passes him by.  He seems to me to be very much a big match player and that's what we are going to need if we get to the play offs. 

No doubt we miss him and will miss him. He’s a player that gives magic moments, goals from nothing, we need that for a successful playoff run. Let’s hope the others can between them conjure up enough of those moments to see us through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, norwich canary said:

Do you have a life outside the pinkun forum? 

I don’t think he has! He’s the Pink Un influencer! I think there’s 20 odd threads started by Cambo! In a week!

What is the point of this post. Of course we miss a player with that level of talent. It goes without saying. 

will we miss Rowe, Sargent & Sara after next summer? Who will replace them?

We miss any first team player, of course.  But given the choice i'd rather be without him than a few others through what they deliver consistently for 90 mins.  By that I mean Kenny, Sara, Gunn and Sarge, they would all have an immediate detrimental affect to our all-round game.

If we scrape playoffs then Rowe could be absolutely massive in those one off matches as Redmond showed.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t think he has! He’s the Pink Un influencer! I think there’s 20 odd threads started by Cambo! In a week!

20? That seems low. 

Of course we miss him, he’s just not as crucial to how we play as Sargent.

Lose Rowe you lose a guaranteed goal threat, this team loses Sargent it loses cohesion.

Replacing Sargent is going to be so much harder than replacing Rowe, despite how good a player he is.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Indy said:

will we miss Rowe, Sargent & Sara after next summer? Who will replace them?

We've been saying that for decades yet we always find new stars that people tell us will be instant relegation if we sell. Nunez now really looking the part, Kamara raved about at Pompey, Aboh being talked up by Wagner and may break through, Sainz on a free and looking stronger and more consistent by the week etc etc. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

We've been saying that for decades yet we always find new stars that people tell us will be instant relegation if we sell. Nunez now really looking the part, Kamara raved about at Pompey, Aboh being talked up by Wagner and may break through, Sainz on a free and looking stronger and more consistent by the week etc etc. 

Indeed.

We don’t miss him that much now others are stepping up to the plate. We would have missed him a great deal more had it happened earlier in the season. Food for thought if a sale has to be made this summer to finance a rebuild. For me, as great as Rowe has been in terms of key goals and moments, he needs to do more in games other than scoring. I know that sounds harsh because scoring is really important but he doesn’t run at teams enough for me and dips in and out of games a bit and I think that’s something he can add to his game as he continues to develop. 

Edited by Jim Smith
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Now of course before we start would like to say that just like everyone else I think Rowe is a fantastic player. One that will have a very bright and big future, of that there is no doubt. Hell, I even told you so almost two years ago😉

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/147266-rowe-rowe-rowe-your-boat/#comments

However think it's fair to say that when we got the news that Rowe is set to miss a few months we all panicked a little. But now we have played a couple matches without him.. Well, let's look at our last two matches. Eight goals scored without him!

So all in all, while losing Rowe is a bummer..

Have we missed him?

Not so far, but pending any potential injuries we could be back in trouble. Luck needs to be on our side so we can continue trying to secure a playoff spot.

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

We don’t miss him that much now others are stepping up to the plate. We would have missed him a great deal more had it happened earlier in the season. Food for thought if a sale has to be made this summer to finance a rebuild. For me, as great as Rowe has been in terms of key goals and moments, he needs to do more in games other than scoring. I know that sounds harsh because scoring is really important but he doesn’t run at teams enough for me and dips in and out of games a bit and I think that’s something he can add to his game as he continues to develop. 

Can agree with that but I though he had got that message in his more recent games. Track, tackle back! Get involved!

10 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

While this of course true the question is not will we find other players, it’s will overall the team be a bit stronger, a bit weaker or about the same.

Also how long will that take, it’s entirely possible we sell Rowe and Sargent for bucketloads in the summer and end up with a stronger overall squad because of it but it takes time for that to show.

When you lose stars there’s (understandably IMO) a distinct lack of patience from supporters when their replacements fail to immediately deliver. Not the players fault obviously, they didn’t sell the last guy or buy themselves but the weight of expectations still sits on them.

I’m not sure if we don’t go up and we do make big money sales this summer there will be much patience to wait and see. Webber to be fair played a blinder in convincing everyone a team that finished 8th after a stint in the PL needed gutting and in shielding Farke that first season.