Sign in to follow this  

With Leicester seemingly heading for the top place then it's perm 1 from the 3 between the Binners, Leeds and Southampton.
West Brom are consolidating 5th.
Leaving 6th place between any one of 5-6 also-rans fighting for the doubtful privilege to be beaten in the playoff semis by whoever misses out on the top 2 place.
Seems to make the season pointless

4 minutes ago, Ness Point Runner said:

With Leicester seemingly heading for the top place then it's perm 1 from the 3 between the Binners, Leeds and Southampton.
Leaving 6th place between any one of 5-6 also-rans fighting for the doubtful privilege to be beaten in the playoff semis by whoever misses out on the top 2 place.

Anyone can beat anyone in the championship, understand your point but still doesn't mean everything is all sewn up already. 

I'd fancy us against anyone apart from Leeds or Leicester in the playoffs. Not that I actually think we'll make them.

56 minutes ago, Ness Point Runner said:

The opinions of some supporters really baffle me, sport does not become pointless when there's a challenge put in front of you, it's the very essence of the game.

We beat WBA 3-1 on aggregate this season, we drew with the Binners when they were flying high and us depleted, and we're 5-5 with the saints across both fixtures.

The only team to do a number on us have been Leeds, and let's be honest the first at home we should've walked away with some points and the away fixture they were desperately wasting time at the end of the match.  Showing much relief at the full time whistle with many of their supporters saying we're one of the best teams to turn up at Elland road so far.

I don't fear anyone in playoffs, and I don't feel we'll be the ones with the pressure either.  Whether we make it is a whole other subject though, we're very much capable but the whole injury thing worries me.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

I thought this might be about the tv programme, am a bit disappointed it isn’t. 

There’s a third of the season to go, so the idea that anything is settled to the extent suggested is pretty ridiculous.  Other than perhaps Leicester being champs, as that does seem pretty well ‘set’.

I think Southampton, Leeds or Ipswich would be difficult over 2 legs. Totally different in a one off final, where anything can happen.

Obviously I hope we prolong the season, but we need a bit more luck with injuries and getting players 100% fit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ness Point Runner said:

But then if we dont go for it. If we dont believe we can do it, why do we turn up every other week.

Your scummy lot didn't used to turn up every other week.  Only come out of the woodwork cause you've got a chubby for McKenna.

2 hours ago, Ness Point Runner said:

Your boys had a decent result put in South London last night so has that tempted you to crawl out of the woodwork this afternoon ?

7 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd fancy us against anyone apart from Leeds or Leicester in the playoffs. Not that I actually think we'll make them.

I don’t think Leeds are anything special, we had chances in both games to beat them. They simply have a couple of standout players who can quickly turn a game in their favour but on a given day they’re entirely beatable.

Leicester are far too strong for this division, their squad has quality throughout it.

We’ve proven we can hold our own against Southampton over the two games.

Our problem is consistency, on a good day we’re a match for most, but when we don’t show up we can be atrocious, something that was neatly summed up within a single game against Watford 

The two teams who miss out on automatic are likely to be deflated and may play poorly during the playoff semi-finals as a result - think Leeds during our first promotion under Farke.

The team which finishes sixth will definitely have a chance.

20 hours ago, Ness Point Runner said:

worth ever moment if we beat your binmen at Wembley

I can't help wondering if the OP is influenced by Ip**** being rubbish when they've been in the playoffs in the past e.g. losing in the semis to the biggest team in East Anglia ?  Just a thought.