Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Daily Mail slates Delia and Michael

I agree with the lacking sense of direction bit, but it's hardly slating Smith & Jones. If anything it can be questioning what Ben Knapper is supposed to be doing?

• Like 3

The Daily Mail should be boycotted at all newsagents in Norwich just like The Sun in Liverpool.

• Like 16

"showing no signs of a promotion push" - er, until the defeat against Leeds, points gathered against Southampton, Ipswich and West Brom seemed pretty indicative of a team that was getting up towards the play-offs.

• Like 4

And who cares what the daily mail thinks? Just like the Sun it's better for being emergency toliet paper than a news outlet

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 8

I think we can all agree on one thing, regardless of your thoughts on our owners - and that’s that the Daily Mail is miles miles worse. 

• Like 4

I luvs the Daily Mail....If this criticism came from the Gruadian then we shud be worried an' concerned....so there!...

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And who cares what the daily mail thinks? Just like the Sun it's better for being emergency toliet paper than a news outlet

Ah, but it can't be used as "emergency toilet paper" as it has excrement on both sides already.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

32 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

We are lacking direction. The problem started when Webber fired Farke instead of firing himself. 

Because no manager deserves to be sacked after 2 points in 10 games...

I think we should set this as our new standard for managerial sackings. It has to be worse than 2 points out of a possible 30 before you consider sacking a manager.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:
35 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

We are lacking direction. The problem started when Webber fired Farke instead of firing himself. 

Because no manager deserves to be sacked after 2 points in 10 games...

No manager should be judged on points not gained if the fundamental reason for those lack of points is because he wasn't given sufficient resources to be able to get those points.............

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No manager should be judged on points gained if the fundamental reason for those lack of points is because he wasn't given sufficient resources to be able to get those points.............

Yes they damned well should when it's 2 points out of 30. It was absolutely dire and a large part of the reason it was dire because Farke's approach was completely wrong to have any chance of getting any results with the players at his disposal at that level. A bad workman blames his tools.

• Like 3

It is hardly the Daily Mail speaking as the Daily Mail. It is just one reporter. And the odd thing is we used to be criticised in the national press for yo-yoing. Now the complaint is that we have stopped doing that! That said, it is definitely arguable we did lose direction, but the arrival of Attanasio and Knapper is precisely intended to restore direction.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yes they damned well should when it's 2 points out of 30.

What about 2 points out of 30 when 9 of those points were from Championship fixtures?

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Yes they damned well should when it's 2 points out of 30.

Depends on the circumstances. If the person above you insists you have to play 433, rather than the successful 4231, if the person above you gets in players who are not ready to play PL football, if the person above you loans in players who are not good enough - then that suggests the manager is not the one to blame.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Depends on the circumstances. If the person above you insists you have to play 433, rather than the successful 4231, if the person above you gets in players who are not ready to play PL football, if the person above you loans in players who are not good enough - then that suggests the manager is not the one to blame.

The on-pitch play on a game day and squad selection is entirely the head coach's job. Show me any evidence that Farke was being overruled on how to set up the players and being instructed on how to coach them.

So we have lost direction but D and MWJ are quite reluctant to release the Sat Nav to be upgraded....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lake district canary said:

Oh, and Farke's form when he was sacked was 5 points from 5 games....a point a game - survival form over a whole season and enough to justify keeping him on.

Not true; the decision to sack him was made before the last game. But even then 5 points in 33 is still absolutely abysmal. And I note that no supporting evidence regarding the suggestion that he was being overruled on how to do his job is forthcoming.

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The on-pitch play on a game day and squad selection is entirely the head coach's job. Show me any evidence that Farke was being overruled on how to set up the players and being instructed on how to coach them.

Man Utd 3-2 Norwich
Norwich 0-3 Newcastle
Aston Villa 2-0 Norwich
Norwich 0-4 West Ham
Leicester 3-0 Norwich
Wolves 1-1 Norwich
Norwich 0-5 Tottenham
Cardiff 1-0 Norwich
Norwich 1-1 Wigan
Hull 2-1 Norwich

Ladies and gentleman, I give you 10 consecutive Dean Smith league games, 2 points out of 30, with the benefit of three fixtures in the second tier.

Would you believe LYB that there are people who think he shouldn't have been sacked?!

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Man Utd 3-2 Norwich
Norwich 0-3 Newcastle
Aston Villa 2-0 Norwich
Norwich 0-4 West Ham
Leicester 3-0 Norwich
Wolves 1-1 Norwich
Norwich 0-5 Tottenham
Cardiff 1-0 Norwich
Norwich 1-1 Wigan
Hull 2-1 Norwich

Ladies and gentleman, I give you 10 consecutive Dean Smith league games, 2 points out of 30, with the benefit of three fixtures in the second tier.

Would you believe LYB that there are people who think he shouldn't have been sacked?!

That would be a great observation if I had questioned the decision to sack him on the tail end of that run, but I wasn't. You won't find any posts from me suggesting he should stay at that point either.

• Haha 1

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

That would be a great observation if I had questioned the decision to sack him on the tail end of that run, but I wasn't.

So we should have sacked him after the Hull game? Great, we have some common ground. Well, maybe not that common as I thought we should have sacked him at the end of the EPL season, but I'd have taken three games later.

Strange that having thought he should have gone then, you were so passionate about him staying on later in the season, thought. Did you think it possible that someone who had only managed 2 points out of a possible 30 could improve?

11 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

So we should have sacked him after the Hull game? Great, we have some common ground. Well, maybe not that common as I thought we should have sacked him at the end of the EPL season, but I'd have taken three games later.

Strange that having thought he should have gone then, you were so passionate about him staying on later in the season, thought. Did you think it possible that someone who had only managed 2 points out of a possible 30 could improve?

Not interested in Smith either way. I'm interested in people still whining about Daniel Farke after he gave us our worst points total in a season since 1903 even with Buendia and Pukki at his disposal and was on target to do even worse on his second attempt.

The argument 'could he improve' in Farke's question is a resounding no, given that he'd had a Premier League season of abysmal failure and his second attempt was completely consistent with the first attempt, showing he wasn't improving as a manager who could give us a half credible chance at that level with our resources. He had an entire season in the Premier League coaching us; He looked to have learnt nothing from his first go in the Premier League with us.

Absolute joke that people still moan about him being sacked when he was,. Farke just wasn't up to the job of even giving us half a chance of survival at Premier League level short of giving him a squad of well-seasoned Premier League level players.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I find this quite amusing. Note there was no direct criticism of Delia. I'm sure the editor removed any reference to her in the article. Why? Well the Mail "paper" circulation was built to a large extent by Delia content regularly appearing throughout the 70's and 80's - she was their pin-up Gal! 

Click-bait, nothing more.

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Absolute joke that people still moan about him being sacked when he was,

Why is it a joke? You've highlighted his WORST run during his time as a Norwich manager as a reason for sacking him, yet vehmently defended a manager with an identical record of 2 points out of 30, despite almost a third of those points being from Championship fixtures. Were you a joke in moaning (putting it lightly) about people wanting him sacked then? After all, by your own standards he should have been sacked after the Hull game.

The fact of the matter is, Farke is our last successful manager. He was sacked on the back on an away victory in the EPL. Given what happened to the club since his departure, Norwich fans will continue to look back ruefully on that decision until such a time that we finally have another successful manager. Fans need the whole, "well, if we hadn't sacked Farke we'd never have got X, Y or Z". At the moment, we have "if we hadn't sacked Farke, we might not be in this mess". And that's entirely true. We might not be. We might be in an even bigger mess as well. But you can only deal with what you know, and what we know is that nothing good has happened with this club since Farke was unceremoniously dumped out of the club after a match that saw him revert back to his previously-favoured 4-2-3-1 and gain three precious points.

You're just going to have to put up with it. Similar to how we had to put up with the absolute joke that was people defending Dean Smith.

• Like 7

This from The Guardian:

There is plenty of competition in midfield but McConnell showed against quality Championship opposition that he can more than hold his own in men’s football.:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

This from The Guardian:

There is plenty of competition in midfield but McConnell showed against quality Championship opposition that he can more than hold his own in men’s football.:

Bloody pinkos!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Why is it a joke? You've highlighted his WORST run during his time as a Norwich manager as a reason for sacking him, yet vehmently defended a manager with an identical record of 2 points out of 30, despite almost a third of those points being from Championship fixtures. Were you a joke in moaning (putting it lightly) about people wanting him sacked then? After all, by your own standards he should have been sacked after the Hull game.

The fact of the matter is, Farke is our last successful manager. He was sacked on the back on an away victory in the EPL. Given what happened to the club since his departure, Norwich fans will continue to look back ruefully on that decision until such a time that we finally have another successful manager. Fans need the whole, "well, if we hadn't sacked Farke we'd never have got X, Y or Z". At the moment, we have "if we hadn't sacked Farke, we might not be in this mess". And that's entirely true. We might not be. We might be in an even bigger mess as well. But you can only deal with what you know, and what we know is that nothing good has happened with this club since Farke was unceremoniously dumped out of the club after a match that saw him revert back to his previously-favoured 4-2-3-1 and gain three precious points.

You're just going to have to put up with it. Similar to how we had to put up with the absolute joke that was people defending Dean Smith.

You raised the subject of Dean Smith here and I'm not going to be drawn on it; don't whine about the subject coming up if you raise it. In contrast, people whine about the sacking of Farke regularly on here and it is an utter joke.

Nothing can deflect from the fact that Farke had had 4 and a quarter seasons with us and was doing no better on his second attempt at the Premier League than the first, underlining that he'd clearly reached his limit with us. The fact he happened to get a win on his very last game after the decision had been made to get rid of him is just one of those freak things.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

You raised the subject of Dean Smith here and I'm not going to be drawn on it; don't whine about the subject coming up if you raise it. In contrast, people whine about the sacking of Farke regularly on here and it is an utter joke.

You won't be drawn on it because you were hoist by your own petard with your 2 points in 30 comment.

And as I've said, people will continue to bemoan the dismissal of Farke whilst it can legitimately be speculated on as a crossroads moment for the club. We chose a route that has led thus far to failure; until that changes, his sacking will continue to be a debated topic on a Norwich City football forum. It will stop eventually, as people have said, football is cyclical and there will come a season that everyone absolutely loves that would never have happened without what had come before and at that point the should they/shouldn't they debate over Farke will become a footnote.

Whilst we flounder around mid-table playing largely unimaginative and unentertaining football it will continue to be referenced here. Don't like it? Tough ****.

Enough time has passed for the Daily Wail headline to apply equally to Attanasio as well. If he is as involved with Knapper as suggested elsewhere, then our new American friend is culpable and should share the blame for the club being without direction!