dylanisabaddog

The weekend's other games

Just heard the Ipswich manager say his team has a huge history in the FA Cup. That's despite not having reached the 5th round since 2007. You couldn't make it up. 

They've put out a second string so I'll watch till Ipswich score. 

I'm looking forward to Fulham v Newcastle later on and Mulbarton against some losers from Suffolk. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Winning it once and semi finalists one other occasion (as far as I recall, lost to Man City) - but feel free to correct me! They really are slightly delusional about their amazing history, aren’t they.

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Just heard the Ipswich manager say his team has a huge history in the FA Cup. That's despite not having reached the 5th round since 2007. You couldn't make it up. 

They've put out a second string so I'll watch till Ipswich score. 

I'm looking forward to Fulham v Newcastle later on and Mulbarton against some losers from Suffolk. 

Well, they did win it in 1978 after all. If you didn't know that then clearly you don't visit TWTD as often as I do.

Since then Wimbledon, Wigan and Portsmouth have won it amongst other notables.

The best we can hope for today is that they pick up a few niggles. Come on the Stones, but I don't see them rolling into the next round.

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Mulbarton in the playoffs Dylan ?

Certainly looks like it but I've seen them played off the pitch by Mildenhall and Thetford this season so the thought of actually going up is terrifying. In addition to the standard of play there is the problem of ground improvements. Not a good idea in my opinion especially as it would add nothing to the attendances and with the lack of visiting fans the average might actually drop. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Winning it once and semi finalists one other occasion (as far as I recall, lost to Man City) - but feel free to correct me! They really are slightly delusional about their amazing history, aren’t they.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/pokalhistorie/verein/677

Yes, it was Manchester City. 

The real highlights of their FA Cup history were in 1962 and 1983. Fatty Brazil missed an absolute sitter in the last minute in 83😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Cmon you yellows

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by ricardo
  • Haha 1

I mean it's probably gonna finish 4-1, but that was hilarious and glorious in equal measure.

• Like 2

I don't care what happens tomorrow or for the rest of the season, we've never been losing at home to Maidstone **** 🤣

• Haha 1

I do expect them still to win, but the story really here is 10 Ipswich changes = losing at 1/2 time to Maidstone. This team would be murdered by most in the Championship so the odd injury as they are now getting will hit hard.

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

1/2 time chat I see about the history and a celebration of them getting promoted this year.

Whole programme has been about bins, barely a mention for Maidstone, I bet the BBC are gutted at thus scoreline