Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Every day passes by

With every passing day my optimism for signings wains.

It's clear we need new blood in the team and Waggy clearly is not a fan of youth, but he might as well blood youngsters in the team now as oppose to continue with the dross we see week in week out, at least we Will identify them for next year.

3 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

It's clear we need new blood in the team and Waggy clearly is not a fan of youth, but he might as well blood youngsters in the team now as oppose to continue with the dross we see week in week out, at least we Will identify them for next year.

Not much going on anywhere in terms of transfers... I'd rather let Knapper draw up plans for next season as  we are not going up this season.

20 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

He is waiting for loan options to come available at the end of the window. I wouldn't expect anything imminently or otherwise, you may end up crying yourself to sleep. 

Edited by jaberry2

Maybe one in-coming loan at the end of the window, will probably be about it, not really the exciting window we were promised. Sticking with DW will probably mean we get a new manager in the summer and a total revamp in line with his requirements. The out of contract players pretty much make the churn a formality then.

12 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Maybe one in-coming loan at the end of the window, will probably be about it, not really the exciting window we were promised. Sticking with DW will probably mean we get a new manager in the summer and a total revamp in line with his requirements. The out of contract players pretty much make the churn a formality then.

Fingers crossed for next season then 😂

27 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

By whom, when, where ?

56 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

He is waiting for loan options to come available at the end of the window. I wouldn't expect anything imminently or otherwise, you may end up crying yourself to sleep. 

Hardly the young long term options knapper and Attanasio referred to at AGM

1 hour ago, ncfc-tom said:

Have a word with Auntie Delia, get her to nudge BK into action 😜

10 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Hardly the young long term options knapper and Attanasio referred to at AGM

I think the goal is obviously to lower the age of the squad, which will almost happen automatically when some older options are released at the end of the season. I'm not sticking up for anyone here, but it would just seem we dont have a pot to pi55 in currently and the only viable options are frees and loan additions. Hardly exciting times.

• Like 1

I’m now assuming they’ve taken the decision not to spend much on players for Wagner in this window as they are saving it for the summer and intend to ditch him at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, ncfc-tom said:

Forward thinking... be careful, not many on here see beyond the next match unless it's mention of promotion!    

For what its worth, I totally agree, its the only way for us to prosper.    Very few see it, but some are finally coming around to the realisation now.

19 minutes ago, RobJames said:

By whom, when, where ?

To be fair Attanasio said something to that effect at the AGM

To be fair I would be pretty annoyed if I was Wagner and no new signings arrive before deadline day. Hull have strengthened so have Boro. Say we finish 3 points shay of 6th place and he is then sacked. I feel he will be right to feel slightly letdown and essentially on a hiding to nothing.

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

To be fair Attanasio said something to that effect at the AGM

Nothing that was reported in the press, so I assume both you and the OP were at the AGM and heard something that was not reported outside.

6 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

To be fair I would be pretty annoyed if I was Wagner and no new signings arrive before deadline day. Hull have strengthened so have Boro. Say we finish 3 points shay of 6th place and he is then sacked. I feel he will be right to feel slightly letdown and essentially on a hiding to nothing.

We will probably strengthen to some degree. Whom and how many remains a question mark. If I was Knapper I would of looked to conclude something early in the window to get fans on side, rather than radio silence which only raised concerns from fans. But its just the usual poor handling of matters as normal for little old Norwich.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Not much going on anywhere in terms of transfers... I'd rather let Knapper draw up plans for next season as  we are not going up this season.

Look what we ended up with when Webber and Wagner were granted time last summer to draw up plans. This time round it is Knapper and Wagner.

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

By whom, when, where ?

It was Wagner that said it in a pre match press conference having discussed plans with knapper. Quotes were certainly on Pinkun at the time.

48 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

It was Wagner that said it in a pre match press conference having discussed plans with knapper. Quotes were certainly on Pinkun at the time.

Having checked the best I can find is this from 7th Dec. No promises whatsoever, just some vague thoughts, mostly from a journalist. And not from the AGM either. I can only wonder why some folk feel the need to invent stuff.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23972570.david-wagner-outlines-norwich-city-january-preparations/

Edited by RobJames

12 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Yes I do recall it. It was fairly soon after the AGM. He used the word 'exciting' twice in the same sentence.

From memory it was something like him and Knapper had drawn up a list of targets and BK was to discuss capital requirements with Attanasio. Still a couple of weeks left, but you fear this may have all been kicked into touch, or perhaps it relies on a player sale like Rowe or Sara.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes I do recall it. It was fairly soon after the AGM. He used the word 'exciting' twice in the same sentence.

From memory it was something like him and Knapper had drawn up a list of targets and BK was to discuss capital requirements with Attanasio. Still a couple of weeks left, but you fear this may have all been kicked into touch, or perhaps it relies on a player sale like Rowe or Sara.

Actually, what was said was 'exciting ideas,' which could relate to anything squad wise. Not in the same sentence and NO talk of drawing up a list of targets either. Here from 16 mins onwards

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23976562.norwich-city-david-wagner-interview-performance-levels/

1 minute ago, RobJames said:

Actually, what was said was 'exciting ideas,' which could relate to anything squad wise. Not in the same sentence and NO talk of drawing up a list of targets either. Here from 16 mins onwards

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/23976562.norwich-city-david-wagner-interview-performance-levels/

I definitely saw an interview with Attanasio post AGM where he mentioned 'targets'. Can't be bothered to check back through YouTube.

3 hours ago, ncfc-tom said:

Transfers will only be one way in this window, and that is out. I suppose there might be an inward loan, but there really is no money available.

So we had promises made at the AGM, then supposed exciting signings made in a Friday interview, now Anastasia talking of targets sometime after the AGM. Two of which do not come up in any google search and one is a misrepresentation of what actually was said.

Even stating targets is not the same as claiming signings will be made. I am sure every pro club has targets they which to sign. It is much like claiming that because Wagner has said he wants to win a game, he actually said we will win that game.

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I’m now assuming they’ve taken the decision not to spend much on players for Wagner in this window as they are saving it for the summer and intend to ditch him at the end of the season. 

Forest are having a fire sale would like to think some good championship hands burried in that huge squad

and no I dont want Omi back he adds nothing