2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We play them soon enough, that should answer that query. I agree there’s nothing to fear for the last two places, fact is we just don’t look the part. 

But signing a DM allowing Sara to move forward could change all that. I really don't understand why we are constraining ourselves.

Hopefully we see some action before the window slams shut.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

But signing a DM allowing Sara to move forward could change all that. I really don't understand why we are constraining ourselves.

Hopefully we see some action before the window slams shut.

Good point, you only expect a freebie or loan though right now. The right player and some luck could make the difference. 

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We play them soon enough, that should answer that query. I agree there’s nothing to fear for the last two places, fact is we just don’t look the part. 

And what does that ‘part’ look like?  The point is that everyone has been inconsistent - or we’d not be just 3 points off 6th with 19 games remaining.

The way it is, any side from the top 10-12 could bring in a couple of signings, pull themselves together and find the sort of consistency that takes them into the top 6.  Like it or not, by definition that does include us.

• Like 2

I hate BT football. Ally McCoist is an idiot then it gets to half time and we have Rio Ferdinand wearing a hat indoors. Tw*t

Edited by dylanisabaddog

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

And what does that ‘part’ look like?  The point is that everyone has been inconsistent - or we’d not be just 3 points off 6th with 19 games remaining.

The way it is, any side from the top 10-12 could bring in a couple of signings, pull themselves together and find the sort of consistency that takes them into the top 6.  Like it or not, by definition that does include us.

I think you’re looking at teams that are consistent or improving. GD and winning more games than you’ve lost at this stage is a good indicator too. On both counts ours is poor. 

One of the notable facets of successful teams is the ability to grind out results. Duffy was awesome last night. Rowe pulled off another stunning individual goal - and Gunn. He will be the one we will be lucky to hang on to.  Much as with Kenny. The latter may well want to cash in on Euro success after the tournament, and our need to cut the wage bill. I expect Giannolis and Gibson to depart for the same financial reasons.

A transition season where we adjust to an upcoming £30m hit was never going to be easy. I doubt any of the whiners on here would cope well with a 40-50% cut in their income. It is that cut that has determined who we could sign. All the disadvantages of having a reduced budget with the handicap of a number of ex PL contracts. The worst of both worlds.

So if we can continue to grind out results. Stay in touch with the top six and see where we are in May, and see where we are after the transfer window shuts at the end of August. Keep the faith.

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pickle - a clove of garlic waved at the vampire whiners

11 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I think you’re looking at teams that are consistent or improving. GD and winning more games than you’ve lost at this stage is a good indicator too. On both counts ours is poor. 

No. Funnily enough I’m just looking at the league table and points we’ve gained so far.  Despite being patchy to-date, we remain only 3pts off 6th.  That is a indesputable fact as I type. For all the ‘this side or that side’ being far better than us, we are where we are. 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

No. Funnily enough I’m just looking at the league table and points we’ve gained so far.  Despite being patchy to-date, we remain only 3pts off 6th.  That is a indesputable fact as I type. For all the ‘this side or that side’ being far better than us, we are where we are. 

Isn’t is strange how some have difficulty comprehending the simple and straight forward facts. I struggle with the modern era where  people now seem to have “their own truth” ……some abstract opinion completely removed from reality.

• Like 1

Ipswich pretty lucky. Sunderland should have had a couple more. Be a big win for them

2 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

As it stands right now I can see a Norwich Ipswich play off final …… Just imagine 

As it stands they are up!

2 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Not a closet then … 

Brilliant game but Man City's finishing has been poor.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brilliant game but Man City's finishing has been poor.

I’m watching the other Blue and Whites… and their compliant referee 

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s fair enough, the final positions will sort themselves out (clues are there mind) 

Ipswich away at Leicester next weekend

...only a matter of time before Southampton reel them in and then Leeds will follow shortly after.

There cant gave been a more ordinary team in thd top 2 of this league at this stage of the season

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Funny isn’t it, a Coventry win was bad for us but a Sunderland loss is good for us. 
Gotta love the EFL…

11 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

As it stands right now I can see a Norwich Ipswich play off final …… Just imagine 

You honestly think this bunch could beat Leeds or Southampton 

1 minute ago, daly said:

We are a big club, with lots of ambition 

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Ipswich away at Leicester next weekend

...only a matter of time before Southampton reel them in and then Leeds will follow shortly after.

There cant gave been a more ordinary team in thd top 2 of this league at this stage of the season

Leicester haven’t been playing fantastic for a few games now, and the defeat today was coming. Might be a great time to play them.

1 minute ago, daly said:

This playoff talk from the desperate 80%ers is so cringe