Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Rovers Fans

19 hours ago, norwich canary said:

I thought they were robbed not to win that game today 

Robbed implies that officiating decisions went against them, which as far as I’m aware they didn’t. But as a league 1 team drawn away from home against supposedly superior opponents they can feel disappointed not to already be in the next round and confident that they can finish the job based on Saturday 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ah, I can see now how comments I made yesterday/today  can me misunderstood, such as “we played poorly”, “we were far too pedestrian and ploddy”, and “for whatever reason we don’t seem to be producing anything of the style of play we were promised under Wagner”.  

Well, I can if you can’t be bothered to read.

The truth is that I am far from “stoutly” pro-club and never have been.  But nor am I “anti” for the sake of it.  It somewhat ridiculously appears that we have to either be labelled one or the other with no middle ground, when that is where I and most other lie.  The fact you can’t see it is your problem, not mine.

You, noticeably, for many months now, have popped up and argued on many an occasion regarding the concerns of those with sense re Webber or Wagner. I‘m not alone in noticing it. You’re late to the reality party. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You, noticeably, for many months now, have popped up and argued on many an occasion regarding the concerns of those with sense re Webber or Wagner. I‘m not alone in noticing it. You’re late to the reality party. 

Not at all - I’ve posted here for 20 years and often been critical. I just don’t do it every single post.  Things are never as bad or as good as is made out, there’s always good stuff going on when we’re crap and bad stuff when we’re going well - its foolish to suggest otherwise, it’s just that no one focuses on it.

As to Webber, you really are barking up the wrong tree - I never particularly liked the guy, and never particularly bought into the love in that some had, though he did well for a while.  That does rather underline how wrong you are about me.  That said, I did stand by his ‘right’ to an opinion as I would even for you - other than when it’s palpably and provably wrong.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not at all - I’ve posted here for 20 years and often been critical. I just don’t do it every single post.  Things are never as bad or as good as is made out, there’s always good stuff going on when we’re crap and bad stuff when we’re going well - its foolish to suggest otherwise, it’s just that no one focuses on it.

As to Webber, you really are barking up the wrong tree - I never particularly liked the guy, and never particularly bought into the love in that some had, though he did well for a while.  That does rather underline how wrong you are about me.  That said, I did stand by his ‘right’ to an opinion as I would even for you - other than when it’s palpably and provably wrong.

They’re as bad as made out right now. We are sliding and it’s going to take some miracle working from Knapper to reverse that. 

And I respect your right to an opinion. Even if, rightly or wrongly, I perceive you as being someone who is willing to defend things with the club right now that Im puzzled as to why you would voluntarily do so. 

6 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

If i were you i would wait and see what price the tickets are for the replay.

Around £20 for an adult ticket would be reasonable. Frankly the NCFC board should agree to pay Bristol Rovers for the ticket price of any or every NCFC fan who wants to go.

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

Around £20 for an adult ticket would be reasonable. Frankly the NCFC board should agree to pay Bristol Rovers for the ticket price of any or every NCFC fan who wants to go.

Yet more of this total crap. Can you not go and watch Cambridge, Kings Lynn, Burnley , Luton or any of the other clubs you’ve praised on here. Failing that perhaps contribute to their message boards rather than this one. 

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Yet more of this total crap. Can you not go and watch Cambridge, Kings Lynn, Burnley , Luton or any of the other clubs you’ve praised on here. Failing that perhaps contribute to their message boards rather than this one. 

The prize for getting through the round is over £100,000 so a true believer in the crowd being the 12th man would understand the case. Then again the Club isn't run on Farke principles.

I was quite impressed by the Brizzle Rovers support....It being just after the credit card an' wallet an' purse punishing Christmas an' New Year and its festivities....but hey, they travelled in numbers....and to boot, a round trip of 500ish miles to support their team....

I reckon (as the away end allocation looked full as a gun) from my pew in the City Stand, that there were over 2,000 plus Gas support in attendance and all in very fine voice at Carra....

Our drum sounded like an empty Quality Street tin being struck by a couple of chupa chup lolly sticks....and the atmosphere from our support including the lower Barclay tier....was flatter than an unfortunate road-kill hedgehog....and the game was meh....

Still....things can only get better....

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

The prize for getting through the round is over £100,000 so a true believer in the crowd being the 12th man would understand the case. Then again the Club isn't run on Farke principles.

That would come in handy to purchase more Hot Dogs for the Crossbar Challenge. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I reckon (as the away end allocation looked full as a gun) from my pew in the City Stand, that there were over 2,000 plus Gas support in attendance and all in very fine voice at Carra....

The away support was circa. 1200 in Blocks F & G. They did not take Block H which would have been available to them so was given over to home fans.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The away support was circa. 1200 in Blocks F & G. They did not take Block H which would have been available to them so was given over to home fans.

sounded like 2,000....

50 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

sounded like 2,000....

it was officially reported as 1,333.

23 hours ago, S_81 said:

It’s very very noticeable that you leap in on various occasions to make leading points. You’re either one of those people that just loves an argument. Or loves to have a contrary opinion.  Or you oddly (given the state of things) have an agenda to defend the club at almost all costs. Or a bit of all of them. 

22 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Chill… BP.

Your stoutly pro club, it’s fine. I certainly won’t question your passion for Norwich City.. I just don’t quite understand your refusal to question or challenge the clubs hierarchy. If your type were the majority, the club would be in a right mess. But a certain number of you, is healthy for balance and debate. Keep going 👍

As CCC says, why shouldn’t Branston defend the club? And what makes what he says “at almost all costs”? It seems a reasonable point to make that although our performance was disappointing, we weren’t robbed. Expecting us to beat a League 1 club without problems sounds a lot like the entitlement we were told doesn’t exist.

There’s nothing wrong with posters having different views, as said, it’s healthy. What’s less healthy is misrepresenting a debate as refusing to face facts, or exaggeration, like the frequent posts recently that suggest there’s some sort of Delia-loving hardcore who will brook no criticism of the club. They just don’t exist so I don’t understand why posters have to make them up. Even @hogesar is clear in his criticism recently FFS!

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

As CCC says, why shouldn’t Branston defend the club? And what makes what he says “at almost all costs”? It seems a reasonable point to make that although our performance was disappointing, we weren’t robbed. Expecting us to beat a League 1 club without problems sounds a lot like the entitlement we were told doesn’t exist.

There’s nothing wrong with posters having different views, as said, it’s healthy. What’s less healthy is misrepresenting a debate as refusing to face facts, or exaggeration, like the frequent posts recently that suggest there’s some sort of Delia-loving hardcore who will brook no criticism of the club. They just don’t exist so I don’t understand why posters have to make them up. Even @hogesar is clear in his criticism recently FFS!

The amount of "even hogesar" posts in the past few weeks are a little disconcerting.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Wanna bet ?

Sorry fraudulent slip...."Things can only get bitter"....

I have attended a few Bristol Rovers home games when I lived in that part of the world. I always used to stand in the North Terrace with the "noisy boys", so the noise coming from the away end on Saturday was not a surprise. They always seemed to generate a great atmosphere for their home games.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The amount of "even hogesar" posts in the past few weeks are a little disconcerting.....

Shows how far you’ve become embedded in the ‘ happy clapper ‘ club.

Keep it up. Warming to the new you ( big smile )

29 minutes ago, Iwans Big Toe said:

I have attended a few Bristol Rovers home games when I lived in that part of the world. I always used to stand in the North Terrace with the "noisy boys", so the noise coming from the away end on Saturday was not a surprise. They always seemed to generate a great atmosphere for their home games.

One of my favourite away games was when we played Bristol Rovers in our one season in League 1 (note for @bluemike and the other binners, that was the *one* season we spent in League 1).

It was a beautiful day in May and they’d tried to beat the world record for most people dressed as a pirate earlier in the day. Our supporters were split across two corners of the ground, we were already promoted and we won 0-3. The ground echoed to “we’re the right side over here…” and “you’re sh1t, Arrrrrr” all afternoon. Ah, those golden days when games were enjoyable… :- (

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

You’ve clearly not encountered Nutty re your Delia point lol. 

Listen, I get what you’re saying. And I’m in no way suggesting someone shouldn’t give their viewpoint. I’m just noting the regularity at which certain people dive in to defend certain club characters. I find it interesting to observe how motivated they are to defend some of these people. Sure - some of us, myself included, can be accused of over reacting. But there’s a flip side of over defending. I just question why someone is so welded to some of these people and their decision making 

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Listen, I get what you’re saying. And I’m in no way suggesting someone shouldn’t give their viewpoint. I’m just noting the regularity at which certain people dive in to defend certain club characters. I find it interesting to observe how motivated they are to defend some of these people. Sure - some of us, myself included, can be accused of over reacting. But there’s a flip side of over defending. I just question why someone is so welded to some of these people and their decision making 

It’s a tarnished legacy that the majority now see, deservedly so too. 

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Shows how far you’ve become embedded in the ‘ happy clapper ‘ club.

Keep it up. Warming to the new you ( big smile )

I wonder how many of those who've called me a Happy Clapper over the past 10 years or so on here would believe I actually got off my bum and attended a (poorly supported) Delia Out protest back in my teens! 😉 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You're acting as though talking positively about your own club is some sort of suspicious conspiracy, it's bizarre.
Surely the people who devote almost all their energy to being negative and critical of their own club is more weird?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, S_81 said:

On the other hand as has been pointed out previously just about all of your 550 posts have been critical. You have been asked previously to show evidence of anything you’ve ever posted which is positive and have failed to do so. What were you saying about someone who is welded to their position?

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

On the other hand as has been pointed out previously just about all of your 550 posts have been critical. You have been asked previously to show evidence of anything you’ve ever posted which is positive and have failed to do so. What were you saying about someone who is welded to their position?

My position is that David Wagner should be dismissed. And that Stuart Webber was at the club too long. And that was the fault of the owners. By all means I can give you stats regarding Wagner’s management of us - but his loss rate is well publicised. 

I’m pleased we have new blood in the form of Knapper. Im hopeful he can reverse our fortunes and that we can focus on a blend of up and coming talent and experienced hands. But Wagner must go. We won’t move forward with him in the dugout. 

That’s my position. 

2 hours ago, Canarywary said:

You're acting as though talking positively about your own club is some sort of suspicious conspiracy, it's bizarre.
Surely the people who devote almost all their energy to being negative and critical of their own club is more weird?

I think it’s weird to see us sliding, it be clear why that’s happening, yet have people defending those who are making us worse. As a fan I want better. Some fans seemingly want more of the same. Or worse. Their prerogative.