Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Rovers Fans

Were they loud and proud today? I remember supporting them at Filbert Street decades ago when Malcolm Allison was manager. Only around 500 of them but they made good noise. 

To be fair, it's the nature of the beast. Away fans are always better value for money when it comes to making a noise. "Football in a library" is a staple when I go to our away games just like it was for them today.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Were they loud and proud today? I remember supporting them at Filbert Street decades ago when Malcolm Allison was manager. Only around 500 of them but they made good noise. 

They made themselves heard that's for sure. However, despite our poor performance I thought the Barclay were fairly resilient generally, in their vocal support 

1 hour ago, norwich canary said:

I thought they were robbed not to win that game today 

Rubbish, even their manager didn’t say that.

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Up you pop. To defend this dross. You really have no standards. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You can't argue they had the better of the chances. Draw probably a fair reflection, but I'd say they were ever so slightly the more deserving.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

You can't argue they had the better of the chances. Draw probably a fair reflection, but I'd say they were ever so slightly the more deserving.

I was replying to the ‘they were robbed’ comment, nothing more.  They weren’t ‘robbed’ in any sense of the word.

You would hope we’ll not be as crap in the second game, but who knows.

Edited by Branston Pickle

9 hours ago, S_81 said:

Up you pop. To defend this dross. You really have no standards. 

You really do have a problem reading, don’t you.   I referred only to the comment that BR were ‘robbed’.  They weren’t.  It was a draw, it did not feel a particularly unfair result, and their manager said much the same.

That we just drew against a lower league side, and played poorly, is an entirely different point.  My standards are as high as anyone’s - we should be far better - but it is maybe time that  you realised there’s no need to wedge in a comment about how poor we are or were in every single post you make.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

You really do have a problem reading, don’t you.   I referred only to the comment that BR were ‘robbed’.  They weren’t.  It was a draw, it did not feel a particularly unfair result, and their manager said much the same.

That we just drew against a lower league side, and played poorly, is an entirely different point.  My standards are as high as anyone’s - we should be far better - but it is maybe time that  you realised there’s no need to wedge in a comment about how poor we are or were in every single post you make.

It’s very very noticeable that you leap in on various occasions to make leading points. You’re either one of those people that just loves an argument. Or loves to have a contrary opinion.  Or you oddly (given the state of things) have an agenda to defend the club at almost all costs. Or a bit of all of them. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It’s very very noticeable that you leap in on various occasions to make leading points. You’re either one of those people that just loves an argument. Or loves to have a contrary opinion.  Or you oddly (given the state of things) have an agenda to defend the club at almost all costs. Or a bit of all of them. 

Or you’re talking garbage as usual.  Yesterday was a classic draw - neither side did enough to win, which is particularly poor from us as we should be better.  The idea they were ‘robbed’ is bizarre.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Someone on their ‘ Gas Men ‘ forum put the figure at 1333.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

BP in ‘defend club at all costs’ shocker. 

1-1 at home to a mid table League One side. Are there positives, of course not. Will BP find 10? Absolutely.

In what way is saying “we played poorly and should be better” is me defending the club?You and your little friend need to get out and learn how to actually read as it really is quite pathetic that you both seem to have decided what I’m saying when it is the exact opposite.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

BP in ‘defend club at all costs’ shocker. 

1-1 at home to a mid table League One side. Are there positives, of course not. Will BP find 10? Absolutely.

It's a shame it wasn't a League game as I suspect the crowd would have turned a lot more. Instead it was full of kids and plastics effing about with their mobile phone torches.

If he's still here against WBA, and in all probability he will be, and we again park the bus at home it will get very hostile.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

In what way is saying “we played poorly and should be better” is me defending the club?  You and your little friend need to get out and learn how to read. It really is quite pathetic.

Chill… BP.

Your stoutly pro club, it’s fine. I certainly won’t question your passion for Norwich City.. I just don’t quite understand your refusal to question or challenge the clubs hierarchy. If your type were the majority, the club would be in a right mess. But a certain number of you, is healthy for balance and debate. Keep going 👍

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 2

I’ve seen us lose at home to 4th division Bradford City and non league Luton Town (whatever happened to them ?) 

Draw at home to a Div 3 team is a decent result by our standards. 

I had to Google to find out the date, but last time I went to Rovers was in 2010.  The last match of Lamberts Division One campaign.  What a fabulous season that was.  I recall much of the second half of the game was spent trying to get Fraser Forster to have another season on loan with us. 

I won’t be bothering for the replay this time, to be honest I’d struggle to cross the road to watch us at the moment.  My experience was that the Rovers fans were a friendly bunch, having been through a lot, and if we were to lose the replay I wouldn’t begrudge them a good cup run.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Chill… BP.

Your stoutly pro club, it’s fine. I certainly won’t question your passion for Norwich City.. I just don’t quite understand your refusal to question or challenge the clubs hierarchy. If your type were the majority, the club would be in a right mess. But a certain number of you, is healthy for balance and debate. Keep going 👍

The pattern becomes so repetitive that you start the question the independence of thought of some on here. 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

The pattern becomes so repetitive that you start the question the independence of thought of some on here. 

Ah, I can see now how comments I made yesterday/today  can me misunderstood, such as “we played poorly”, “we were far too pedestrian and ploddy”, and “for whatever reason we don’t seem to be producing anything of the style of play we were promised under Wagner”.  

Well, I can if you can’t be bothered to read.

The truth is that I am far from “stoutly” pro-club and never have been.  But nor am I “anti” for the sake of it.  It somewhat ridiculously appears that we have to either be labelled one or the other with no middle ground, when that is where I and most other lie.  The fact you can’t see it is your problem, not mine.

• Like 2

In the days of old a Club such as them would have been grateful of a 20,000 away attendance but clearly not now at those admission prices. They will be grateful for the replay and doubtless well up for the replay especially if the 4th round draw is attractive.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In the days of old a Club such as them would have been grateful of a 20,000 away attendance but clearly not now at those admission prices. They will be grateful for the replay and doubtless well up for the replay especially if the 4th round draw is attractive.

Correct me if i am wrong but for cup games don't both clubs have to agree on the pricing structure ?

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Correct me if i am wrong but for cup games don't both clubs have to agree on the pricing structure ?

What real discretion does the away club have? Why is it in their interests to agree to £2 contribution to the CSF, kids for a quid as opposed to say £5 at least in some parts of the ground and upper tiers closed when so few season ticket holders have taken up the option?

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

What real discretion does the away club have? Why is it in their interests to agree to £2 contribution to the CSF, kids for a quid as opposed to say £5 at least in some parts of the ground and upper tiers closed when so few season ticket holders have taken up the option?

Adult Norwich tickets were £12 with £2 given to the CSF. Adult Bristol tickets were £10 so no donation made to our CSF unless you tell me otherwise.

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Their forum suggests they are grateful for that level of attendance. Why are you questioning the admission charge, in one of your earlier rants you wanted it to be free until it was pointed out that the fa regulations state a minimum adult price £10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Adult Norwich tickets were £12 with £2 given to the CSF. Adult Bristol tickets were £10 so no donation made to our CSF unless you tell me otherwise.

That seems to be the case. Whilst the CSF maybe considered desirable in some respects, it is still compromising the shared gate money principle. The idea behinds kids for a quid to such an extensive degree also deflects money away from the gate and a 50:50 share towards the home team club shop. Such conduct again seeks to undermine the principles and the financial health of smaller clubs.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That seems to be the case. Whilst the CSF maybe considered desirable in some respects, it is still compromising the shared gate money principle. The idea behinds kids for a quid to such an extensive degree also deflects money away from the gate and a 50:50 share towards the home team club shop. Such conduct again seeks to undermine the principles and the financial health of smaller clubs.

If i were you i would wait and see what price the tickets are for the replay.