Sign in to follow this  
GodlyOtsemobor

Summer signings ratings

Now we've had half a season to see them I thought I'd give my two pence worth of rating them... 

Long - 1, absolutely terrible keeper, rip up his contract now. 

Stacey - 4 Showed some really good form at the start of the season but he looks to be going backwards week to week. If he can regain his early season form I would be inclined to bump him up to a 5 or 6 but certainly not at this moment in time. 

Fisher - 5, very young and raw, has potential to improve, probably needs a L1 loan to develop further 

Duffy - 5 has a decent handful of a games but very inconsistent and as many of our recent center halfs has the ability to lose a game all by himself. 

Batth - 4 purely because we hardly ever see him and I don't really see why we bothered to sign him with Warner and McLean getting the nod ahead of him, however he doesn't seem to do much wrong apart from being slow and abit past it. 

Forshaw - 1 we never see him! What was the point apart from wasting money in the wage pot. 

Fassnacht - 3 again showed glimpses of something early on but is very much anonymous most of the time.b

Sainz - 6 lack of game time, however seems to be a decent find if he can control himself. Loved his display in the derby but needs to calm it. 

Barnes 4 - same again had a decent start, but since his injury he doesn't look the same player, struggles to get into a game unless it's a wrestling match, and another who just seems that little bit too much past his best, maybe the age is why after his injury he's not the same? Longer time to recover as you get on in years etc. who knows, however not what we need, cheer leading can be done by coaches too. 

Hwang 2 - another who just disappears in games, he showed some small inkling of form before his injury but he just doesn't offer enough in this league and I suspect he will go back to forest next week as BK looks to de age the squad. 

Don't think I've missed anyone, but if I have that speaks for itself. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
Missed Stacey

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Now we've had half a season to see them I thought I'd give my two pence worth of rating them... 

Fisher - 5, very young and raw, has potential to improve, probably needs a L1 loan to develop further 

Duffy - 5 has a decent handful of a games but very inconsistent and as many of our recent center halfs has the ability to lose a game all by himself. 

Batth - 4 purely because we hardly ever see him and I don't really see why we bothered to sign him with Warner and McLean getting the nod ahead of him, however he doesn't seem to do much wrong apart from being slow and abit past it. 

Forshaw - 1 we never see him! What was the point apart from wasting money in the wage pot. 

Fassnacht - 3 again showed glimpses of something early on but is very much anonymous most of the time.b

Barnes 4 - same again had a decent start, but since his injury he doesn't look the same player, struggles to get into a game unless it's a wrestling match, and another who just seems that little bit too much past his best, maybe the age is why after his injury he's not the same? Longer time to recover as you get on in years etc. who knows, however not what we need, cheer leading can be done by coaches too. 

Hwang 2 - another who just disappears in games, he showed some small inkling of form before his injury but he just doesn't offer enough in this league and I suspect he will go back to forest next week as BK looks to de age the squad. 

A generous average of 2.9, Webber nailed it I see. 

Was it deliberate? Did Webber purposely do this to get back at the divorcees who questioned his genius?

This is a serious question. I can think of no other reason to explain such blatant incompetence.

• Like 2

You missed Stacey. Probably a 4.

Webber has had some truly shambolic transfer windows but his last one was the worst. Never in the history of football has so much been wasted on so little.

It's like what an Ipswich fan would do on Football Manager, take over Norwich, spaff their season's resources on crap and then resign.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

You missed Stacey. Probably a 4.

Webber has had some truly shambolic transfer windows but his last one was the worst. Never in the history of football has so much been wasted on so little.

It's like what an Ipswich fan would do on Football Manager, take over Norwich, spaff their season's resources on crap and then resign.

Ah yes! Stacey i would have a agree with a 4. Showed some really good form at the start of the season but he looks to be going backwards week to week. If he can regain his early season form I would be inclined to bump him up to a 5.5/6 but certainly not at this moment in time. 

12 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Stacey - 4 Showed some really good form at the start of the season but he looks to be going backwards week to week. If he can regain his early season form I would be inclined to bump him up to a 5 or 6 but certainly not at this moment in time. 

Being generous there! 

Personally I don’t think the first part of the window was that bad. We lost Pukki, Dowell, Aarons, Andrew O and banked 25 million and replaced them with Barnes, Sainz, Stacey and Duffy all on free transfers. 

Since then it’s been slim picking and has smacked of desperation Forshaw, Batth, Hwang, Fassnacht are all poor signings with little resale value and are just there to make up the numbers on the bench. much rather just have academy players on the bench.

It all comes back to Webber staying on far too long the guy resigned in March and was only replaced in November.

11 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Ah yes! Stacey i would have a agree with a 4. Showed some really good form at the start of the season but he looks to be going backwards week to week. If he can regain his early season form I would be inclined to bump him up to a 5.5/6 but certainly not at this moment in time. 

Rumoured to be on £30k plus a year so you'd be wanting a 7 or 8 out of 10 player at this level. He's not performing anywhere near his salary currently.

Dreadful to think that Gibson and Stacey are taking home close to £80k a week between them. Think what that could afford.

Webber is a total and utter failure.

Edited by canarydan23

17 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Was it deliberate? Did Webber purposely do this to get back at the divorcees who questioned his genius?

He's not that smart/good at football stuff

• Haha 1

Sainz is missing, and I would say he scores higher than all the rest. Recent performances showed his ability to create chances and  score. With his age he should keep improving too, just needs to keep his head and learn to not get involved in challenges.

• Like 1

I think a bit harsh on Hwang. His 1st few games were poor but he has settled in. Now plays with energy, chases down opposition defenders, make runs and space when we have possession and is showing a good touch in front of goal. I'd say 5 or 6.

Not as impressive as Saint though - if his temper can be controlled

They're not here because Webber picked the names out of a hat; there must have been rationale behind us being interested in the first place that involved a process involving many people scrutinising them.

Are they as bad as that or do we simply have the wrong manager?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

They're not here because Webber picked the names out of a hat; there must have been rationale behind us being interested in the first place that involved a process involving many people scrutinising them.

Are they as bad as that or do we simply have the wrong manager?

Yes and yes!

• Like 1

The real question is out of those signings not one has improved the squad from What we had! 
Sainz can be considered the best of a poor bunch. Fisher is young and looks as though he could be a gem….but Dads Army we signed should all be considered really poor to this point!

is it the manager or is it just old players way past their peak! I thing both!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I genuinely forgot Forshaw existed 🤣🤣

Who?

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Easy to judge in hindsight.

Screenshot_20231230-211911.png

Blimey so its in fact around 10%, not 20!!

In theory Barnes and Duffy were good solid pros to goce us that experience. In reality both are past it and on their last pay day.

5 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Long - 1, SH1T NOT RUDDY OR THAT DUTCH LAD AT LUTON

Stacey - 4 SH1T & OLD, NOT MUMBAWHY DID WE SELL MAXI?

Fisher - 5, SH1T, NOT BALI MUMBA

Duffy - 5 SH1T AND OLD

Batth - 4 SH1T SLOW AND OLD

Forshaw - 1 SH1T & OLD

Fassnacht - 3 SH1T FASSNACHT? FCKUOFF MORE LIKE

Sainz - 6 SH1T SOUNDS LIKE HE SHOULD BE WITH RUSS

Barnes 4 - SH1T & OLD

Hwang 2 - SH1T, HWANG HIM OUT TO DRY NOT CARLTON MORRIS

SPRINGETT 1 - SPRINGSH1T MORE LIKE

I did a summary

• Haha 1