cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Lions V Canaries*

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just pick this team from now on and stick with it every week..injuries aside...no f#cking about ,no square pegs in round holes. Nobody else is good enough for the 1st XI

Gunn

Stacey  Duffy Hanley  Giannoulis

Nunez   Sara

Sainz         Hwang        Rowe

Sargent

I agree that it’s probably are best starting 11, the only problem is they will still be coached by Wagner.

Just now, Top corner said:

I agree that it’s probably are best starting 11, the only problem is they will still be coached by Wagner.

And never selected because he has undroppable favourites.

• Haha 1

Barnes is a thug. That's why we signed him, because the club thought we needed a bit of sh*thousery. Sadly, that's the only thing he has left. But we were told he was an intelligent sh*ithouser, like Holt. He isn't. He's a third-rate, has-been thug who is stupid enough to turn a game away at Millwall into a war.

Once upon a time we would go to places like Millwall and win by playing the better football. None of that poofy stuff for Barnes. Ug ug ug, me braindead Tarzan, me real man!.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just pick this team from now on and stick with it every week..injuries aside...no f#cking about ,no square pegs in round holes. Nobody else is good enough for the 1st XI

Gunn

Nunez   Sara

Sargent

That midfield would be overrun. It show how much we need a cdm.

• Like 2

Saints tonight, 26 shots, 751 passes, what chance do we have based on tonight🤔😲

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We do...but it was performing better than any previous midfield over these past few games

For me the baffling thing is, given a few games, Gibbs could do well there. But he is being shift around the team seriously hindering his development.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Webber is the answer, Stuart Webber.

And, by extension Delia and Michael.

Ultimate con man. No ifs no buts. Green keeper got lucky. End of story. The answer as you say (webber) Mr. Charlatan. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Gunn

Nunez   Sara

Sargent

Can we just drop the false 9 already? We don’t have any player clever or good enough to play it.  So we sacrifice our midfield for virtually nothing. I hate this garbage system we play. Please for the love of god put Sargent up front and play 3 midfielders behind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hwang! Never again, utterly useless, brings nothing to the team! Push Sainz & Rowe in further behind Sargent to play off him and add a third midfielder into that three! Hanley & Duffy at the back, that might give us a chance to score more than we concede but concede we will! 

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Can we just drop the false 9 already? We don’t have any player clever or good enough to play it.  So we sacrifice our midfield for virtually nothing. I hate this garbage system we play. Please for the love of god put Sargent up front and play 3 midfielders behind.

If that third midfielder is Sara being played in an advanced position ,I'd agree but Wagner has shown little desire to do that all season.

I think it largely depends on the opposition , Southampton is a different team you'd pick to a QPR.

I think Hwang playing off Sargent could work...and certainly more than Barnes who is offering us nothing as a no.10 or a no.9

6 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Never mind the false 9; it's the false defenders that bother me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Never mind the false 9; it's the false defenders that bother me!

On a poor night made me smile! 

• Thanks 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If that third midfielder is Sara being played in an advanced position ,I'd agree but Wagner has shown little desire to do that all season.

I think it largely depends on the opposition , Southampton is a different team you'd pick to a QPR.

I think Hwang playing off Sargent could work...and certainly more than Barnes who is offering us nothing as a no.10 or a no.9

I disagree only because a club at our level basically has one system and plays it 95% of the time bar closing up shop or desperately chasing an equaliser. If you want to drill a system and style of play you have to.

Issue for me is I hate our system and style of play. We might win some games, I think we still may sneak playoffs as unlikely as it seems right now. However long term I think this system is fatally flawed so hate that it’s what we’ve become personally.

We don’t need a better Barnes, we need to abandon this **** and play a version of the football that’s defined this club for all its recent successful periods IMO.

Wagner logic: let's save our best players for the really difficult game, then waste an opportunity to get 3 points against a poor team. 

We probably could have wrapped it up in 60mins then rested the key players.

Also, placeta is useless

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

3 or 4 half decent players. The rest are dog **** 

Just not true. Football is and always  has been a team game. 
A manager’s job is to make the most effective use of the players in the squad. Wagner fails to do that most of the time. 
Gunn, Hanley, Dimi, McLean, Nunez, Sara, Rowe, Sarge, Sainz.  
All very good players for this level. A few more who just need better coaching and development. 

37 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Just not true. Football is and always  has been a team game. 
A manager’s job is to make the most effective use of the players in the squad. Wagner fails to do that most of the time. 
Gunn, Hanley, Dimi, McLean, Nunez, Sara, Rowe, Sarge, Sainz.  
All very good players for this level. A few more who just need better coaching and development. 

Until their performances on the pitch suggest otherwise I’ll stick with my assessment. It isn’t all on the manager. 

15 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Wagner logic: let's save our best players for the really difficult game, then waste an opportunity to get 3 points against a poor team. 

We probably could have wrapped it up in 60mins then rested the key players.

Also, placeta is useless

utterly hopeless team to start. Should go for the points from ko. Top 6  ?  your having a laugh.......................

3 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

Until their performances on the pitch suggest otherwise I’ll stick with my assessment. It isn’t all on the manager. 

It is all on the manager if he doesn’t really know what he is doing. 
football these days is all about team organisation, a plan and getting best use of the players available. 
Hoping for a complete clear out of players is dangerous, extremely expensive and just isn’t going to happen. 
We lack a cdm and a playmaker. Adding both to the current team would make a huge difference.