Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Kamara 2 goals on Saturday video

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

We have a recall option.

In that case get him back. He looks to have got bigger and a goal is the same size in the Championship. Just the fact that we wanted him back should give him the confidence he needs. Perhaps we could play him in the FA Cup? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

In that case get him back. He looks to have got bigger and a goal is the same size in the Championship. Just the fact that we wanted him back should give him the confidence he needs. Perhaps we could play him in the FA Cup? 

Would we need to recall him if Sarge is back fit? Might be better for the lad to stay at Pompey for the rest of the season and continue to develop.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If we can get him back then we should. He's definitely filled out. 

No way for me personally, he’s developing really well. Let’s not make the same mistake as Idah and stunt his growth for an extra Sub.

33 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Would you recall him in January. Yes,I know its a different level,but would you get him back or let him keep learning where he is?

No I would keep him where he is and playing. Plus I dont think he is good enough for our starting XI currently.

With Sgt and Hwang on their way back and Rowe firing on all cylinders, Kamara would spend quite a bot of time on the bench and getting games with the U21s.

No benefit to Kamara or the club his returning in Jan if it were possible.

• Like 2

Keep him there. Half the maturing process is getting used to hard games week in, week out. He won't make that development off the bench.

• Like 1

Yes, definitely leave him there.  He's making great progress there and the Pompey manager says that he will return to Norwich in the summer "Championship ready" for next season.  The first goal he showed great strength to hold off the defender - I'm not sure he had that before.  The second - a really good finish. So developing into a good goalscorer from that wide right position.  I'm feeling very optimistic he'll be a good player for us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RobJames said:

With Sgt and Hwang on their way back and Rowe firing on all cylinders, Kamara would spend quite a bot of time on the bench and getting games with the U21s.

No benefit to Kamara or the club his returning in Jan if it were possible.

Kamara as backup 3rd striker;  Idah loan to Pompey to get good/ gain confidence

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Would we need to recall him if Sarge is back fit? Might be better for the lad to stay at Pompey for the rest of the season and continue to develop.

I'd say leave him too as Sarge will be back, as will Hwang and we have Idah.

Great to see him doing so well down there! 

I feel we won't sell if they want him to stay after reading Knappers comments. I'm hopeful he'll have a bright future with us 

• Like 1

I've written this season off as far as promotion is concerned, so better he learns his trade there, so he can come back and hit the first team next season with confidence, knowledge and experience.

Delia will probably add at least he won't be getting 20% of their fans on his back as well. 😉 

• Like 1

This is the first time I can recall where we have loaned a player to a half decent team and they have got regular games.  He needs to stay and see out the season and maybe get a winners medal come back to City and perform.  Better for the lad than to return to City's plodding performances and brief run outs from the bench if he makes it to the bench.