He must have a bit of a dysfunctional family somewhere as I'm sure he's had issues before. Either way, here's hoping it doesn't remain problematic, he can clear his head and get back on the pitch. No-one deserves to be mistreated/left all at sea by those who are ostensibly their nearest and dearest.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

He must have a bit of a dysfunctional family somewhere as I'm sure he's had issues before. Either way, here's hoping it doesn't remain problematic, he can clear his head and get back on the pitch. No-one deserves to be mistreated/left all at sea by those who are ostensibly their nearest and dearest.

If you were in charge of the world it would probably be a better place. 

You won't convince me about TC though.... 

It says a lot about the support for Rangers that Cantwell is currently the number 1 searched name on Google 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If you were in charge of the world it would probably be a better place. 

You won't convince me about TC though.... 

I do wonder if he's swinging the lead, but in the absence of any evidence it only makes sense to take it as it stands. And let's face it, we've had far too many quiet problems caused by people not speaking out as they thought the climate was too harsh to do so.

Men in particular suffer from this.

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 1

"The positive thing to say about that is that it’s not something between him or the club, or me or him, it’s family-wise.“

Odd he felt the need to clarify this, and weird wording about it being positive.

None of us know what’s going on so while it’s all too familiar, it doesn’t mean he’s making stuff up.  

This is probably the wrong forum for it but he’s from Norfolk….. I mean dysfunctional family….I mean there is a punchline here.

Good luck to Todd he was a good player for us and I personally wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

This is what happens when your family pamper you and not challenge you   i blame the parents for putting him on a pedestal  

• Like 1

Todd could and should have been the fulcrum of our team for years to come. If he has family problems he deserves time to attend to them. Same would apply to you or me. Who knows what is happening and it really is nobody's business. Mental health affects people in different ways. I for one support anyone who is suffering and we should all do the same. I also for one would welcome him home if he ever felt he wanted to be closer to family and have a happier life

There's no suggestion he has any mental health issues. Perhaps he has close family with serious medical conditions that meant he couldn't go to Spain.

I saw him near Dereham during the international break before last, so he obviously returns when he can.

15 hours ago, canarycop said:

Todd could and should have been the fulcrum of our team for years to come. If he has family problems he deserves time to attend to them. Same would apply to you or me. Who knows what is happening and it really is nobody's business. Mental health affects people in different ways. I for one support anyone who is suffering and we should all do the same. I also for one would welcome him home if he ever felt he wanted to be closer to family and have a happier life

Cantwell had one good season then a not bad one the season after but the others he was poor, and very painfully so in his last two seasons with!

Not quick enough, not strong enough and not got the atitude to go any higher.

43 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Cantwell had one good season then a not bad one the season after but the others he was poor, and very painfully so in his last two seasons with!

Not quick enough, not strong enough and not got the atitude to go any higher.

Maybe he's got the altitude to go higher?

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Maybe he's got the altitude to go higher?

Only one way to find out. Get him transferred to The Strongest. Be great to see him in the Libertadores

Edited by Canario

On 16/12/2023 at 10:12, TheBaldOne66 said:

He’s about to become a father. Said it here before, I have a family member who works with one of his family members.

Not sure that will mean much. There's a lot said about fatherhood apparently making people "more mature" but there's never been any evidence to bear that out.

Meanwhile, in the Scottish League Cup yesterday, this absolute stonker came up from the Aberdeen FC media team:

"Cantwell needed treatment on 31 after he and Shinnie challenged for the ball on halfway but he was ok to continue after running repairs to his headband."

Aberdeen FC - Dons defeated at Hampden (afc.co.uk)

• Haha 3