Sign in to follow this  
S_81

Steven Schumacher

Making interesting noises about potential approach from Sunderland. Perfect time to pip them to him. Good fit for us. 

Edited by S_81

Sunderland good move for him, Norwich City not so good, carcrash club.  Next coach will be waiting for Mark.

8 hours ago, S_81 said:

Making interesting noises about potential approach from Sunderland. Perfect time to pip them to him. Good fit for us. 

I will be very disappointed if he goes there. That's the trouble when the sack race starts is knowing when to join in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I will be very disappointed if he goes there. That's the trouble when the sack race starts is knowing when to join in.

He’d jump at the chance though at the best supported club in the league. 

15 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I expect he would also be tempted by us...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I expect he would also be tempted by us...

I agree. Time to find out id say 

3 hours ago, pete said:

Sunderland good move for him, Norwich City not so good, carcrash club.  Next coach will be waiting for Mark.

Not really sure this is even in English but I will guess what it means......

Mowbray left Sunderland apparently over player recruitment. The SD had a model where they buy young with a view to resale value. Mowbray wanted players ready to play in the Chumps. They are a selling club at this level, not sure why anyone would view them as a "good move" and us as a "carcrash". Pretty much identical from where I am looking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i would go get Steven Schumacher no problem ,

Get him in now so we might pick up a few players in January so we start rebuilding ASAP ,

With a Rebuild of our scale as long as we can shift some deadwood of course needs to start in January if possible ,

we have all seen teams and us make a lot of signings in one window then taking a team time to gel ,

if we get a new manager in ASAP he might add 2/3 in in January ( if possible ) and then bed them in ready for next season ,

We might even get some free signings that the new man has on his radar for next season that might get snapped up if we wait 

10 hours ago, S_81 said:

Would rather have Steve Cooper if he gets the chop, albeit I can not see out toothless and inept boarding acting anytime soon.

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jaberry2 said:

Would rather have Steve Cooper if he gets the chop, albeit I can not see out toothless and inept boarding acting anytime soon.

Yes he's an excellent manager but have we not learnt from Dean Smith that hiring someone who has just been fired is not a great idea? Or was that just not a great idea coz Dean Smith was not a very good manager?

In any case, I don't think Wagner should be sacked when he's won 3 of the last 4.

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yes he's an excellent manager but have we not learnt from Dean Smith that hiring someone who has just been fired is not a great idea? Or was that just not a great idea coz Dean Smith was not a very good manager?

In any case, I don't think Wagner should be sacked when he's won 3 of the last 4.

I think its the latter in respect of Dean Smith.

Just now, jaberry2 said:

I think its the latter in respect of Dean Smith.

Yeah maybe. Tough one to judge but it appears we just hired a bit of a dud with him.

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yeah maybe. Tough one to judge but it appears we just hired a bit of a dud with him.

I just dont think he was the right appointment for us at that chosen time. We should of had a manager who has a similar emphasis on attacking possession based football ala Farke but with a better record in making teams harder to beat. 

1 minute ago, jaberry2 said:

I just dont think he was the right appointment for us at that chosen time. We should of had a manager who has a similar emphasis on attacking possession based football ala Farke but with a better record in making teams harder to beat. 

Everyone wants that manager but Pep isn't available!

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Everyone wants that manager but Pep isn't available!

Im sure we could entice him with our warchest of £5 going into the January transfer window. I am more interested in hearing about our exciting january transfer window which has been touted on the main page.

13 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I just dont think he was the right appointment for us at that chosen time. We should have had a manager who has a similar emphasis on attacking possession based football ala Farke but with a better record in making teams harder to beat. 

Given Smith is being lined up to take over at Charlotte in the States it’s safe to say Smith’s stock has tumbled. With all the rumours about his lacklustre training sessions, I would say Smith was just a bad choice overall. As others have said, there’s an argument that his Villa success was owing to a few players carrying the team and not to his tactical nous. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Given Smith is being lined up to take over at Charlotte in the States it’s safe to say Smith’s stock has tumbled. With all the rumours about his lacklustre training sessions, I would say Smith was just a bad choice overall. As others have said, there’s an argument that his Villa success was owing to a few players carrying the team and not to his tactical nous. 

A nice retirement job for him

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I am more interested in hearing about our exciting january transfer window which has been touted on the main page.

Indeed. Wagner cleverly raising expectations and trying to extend our focus to January.

Not that I care but it feels like the debt might be increased somewhat as a couple of loanees isn't exciting. Unless of course we plan to sell someone...

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed. Wagner cleverly raising expectations and trying to extend our focus to January.

Not that I care but it feels like the debt might be increased somewhat as a couple of loanees isn't exciting. Unless of course we plan to sell someone...

The obvious would be Knapper taking advantage of his Arsenal connections with some young loan players coming in from there. Its anyone's guess at this stage.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

The obvious would be Knapper taking advantage of his Arsenal connections with some young loan players coming in from there. Its anyone's guess at this stage.

As long as they're better than Marquinhos, or come to think of it someone not called Marquinhos.

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The Same Wagner who was with Webber in Transfer meetings  when he was signing all these older players ? 

i wouldn't have him anywhere near the transfer Window ,

IF We sell Rowe and Sara then i want the very best we can get spending it for the future ,

we can not afford to waste that money on older players wages 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

The Same Wagner who was with Webber in Transfer meetings  when he was signing all these older players ? 

i wouldn't have him anywhere near the transfer Window ,

IF We sell Rowe and Sara then i want the very best we can get spending it for the future ,

we can not afford to waste that money on older players wages 

Yep agreed. Reading the article it does feel as though Knapper is driving this and it's encouraging Webber's last transfer strategy is being quickly revoked. It's low hanging fruit for Knapper to get stuck in to. We'll see where we end up.

• Like 1

How do loans fit in with development of a team.... we've already got lots of oldies preventing the youngsters from getting a game (that for me is why Wagner has to go), bring in loans, there's less chance for our own.     

We need bravery now, a club prepared to give the youngsters a go.    Some of these older players need to be benched and play lesser roles for the benefit of progression.     But before we start bringing in a manager, even discussing it, surely BK needs to develop a plan of what we are going to be about!   

That's why I'd bring in Neil Adams on a temporary basis while the club sorts itself out.  

Love to know why this manager or that manager is a good fit for us right now.    We're at a point of what appears massive change, how does anyone know who would fit.  

6 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That may well be the case but they cannot be the best supporters in the world because that is us.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

That may well be the case but they cannot be the best supporters in the world because that is us.

80% of us anyway 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yep agreed. Reading the article it does feel as though Knapper is driving this and it's encouraging Webber's last transfer strategy is being quickly revoked. It's low hanging fruit for Knapper to get stuck in to. We'll see where we end up.

Yes we will never Know was it Webber or Wagner or bit of Both who identified the older players 

7 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes we will never Know was it Webber or Wagner or bit of Both who identified the older players 

Ultimate responsibility for recruitment lies with the SD/DoF. He took the glory for Pukki/Buendia, so he takes the blame for almost every transfer window since.

7 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Ultimate responsibility for recruitment lies with the SD/DoF. He took the glory for Pukki/Buendia, so he takes the blame for almost every transfer window since.

True ,

But Managers also have choices and recommend players , and they will discuss it with DOF /SD ,

who recommended or found a player , was it a scout / Dof / manager is hard to pinpoint from outside that meeting  .