Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Latest OSP Minutes If Anybody Is Interested.

At least item 3 on the concessions issue is detailed. Clearly the over 75's concession is an anomaly in relation to other Clubs. Equally though there are other concessions where other Clubs do better. Good that the Panel did raise that  issue and let's hope that is followed up because the adjustment should be a quid pro quo.

Why aren't other items detailed similarly especially re Annual Report responses which ought to be available to shareholders?

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How did that agenda last two and half hours? Should here been over in 30 minutes including time for a coffee break. 

Tea and biscuits were obviously on the generous side 

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

At least item 3 on the concessions issue is detailed. Clearly the over 75's concession is an anomaly in relation to other Clubs. Equally though there are other concessions where other Clubs do better. Good that the Panel did raise that  issue and let's hope that is followed up because the adjustment should be a quid pro quo.

Why aren't other items detailed similarly especially re Annual Report responses which ought to be available to shareholders?

Why are you so sure it was the panel who raised the issue as opposed to the club placing it on the agenda ?

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Tea and biscuits were obviously on the generous side 

the extra time was in waiting for the sausage rolls to heat up

45 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why are you so sure it was the panel who raised the issue as opposed to the club placing it on the agenda ?

The Club may well have raised the issue of the over 75's deletion in their favour. The other issues as per the third paragraph under item 3 states that issues were raised by panel members such as a concession for younger people in the Barclay Stand to improve atmosphere. The rest of the paragraph isn't entirely clear though suggests more issues may have been raised by panel members. Then seems to have been deferred to a further meeting. A strategic review of concessions would be helpful.

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

You’d hope the bar was open to keep everyone awake. 

Let's hope a free Xmas tipple was on offer and ditto for shareholders on Thursday.

21 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Let's hope a free Xmas tipple was on offer and ditto for shareholders on Thursday.

With the return you get on your shares I’d have thought the least you could do is get a round in. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What about those of you who already get the over 75 concession?

Lots of us had the original over60 discount for a couple of years then they put it up to 65

14 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporters-panel-meeting-07-11-2023

Looks like consideration is being given to dispense with the over 75's further concession on season tickets which i do agree with as long as the over 65's remain.

Don’t you want another freebie on next year’s renewal ? ( wink )

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

With the return you get on your shares I’d have thought the least you could do is get a round in. 

Happy to let Attanasio go first or failing that Zoe. Even Delia could raid her piggy bank of those Preference Share Dividends assuming she hasn't àlready spent it on the Lion and Castle. Perhaps we can decant there at the end of the meeting?

So max increase of 3% on season ticket prices then. I can live with over 75 concessions (and all concessions) providing the rest of us don't have pay through the nose for them. However, we can't keep inflating prices year on year but give concessions elsewhere. As mentioned in the minutes the club needs to be encouraging younger supporters not making it more difficult.

55 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Happy to let Attanasio go first or failing that Zoe. Even Delia could raid her piggy bank of those Preference Share Dividends assuming she hasn't àlready spent it on the Lion and Castle. Perhaps we can decant there at the end of the meeting?

416DD3FC-0585-4358-AF37-1079E61A2E75.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

but can you pass it on to your children?

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

So max increase of 3% on season ticket prices then. I can live with over 75 concessions (and all concessions) providing the rest of us don't have pay through the nose for them. However, we can't keep inflating prices year on year but give concessions elsewhere. As mentioned in the minutes the club needs to be encouraging younger supporters not making it more difficult.

Indeed. Last time they put up the prices the revenues went down. Why not follow the science of economics? The model of 90% season ticket 10% casual is broken. Fix it!

13 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

It was considered that the age for concessions will rise each year, so next season will be age 76+

17 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Blimey. That looks like 2 and a half hours they won’t get back.

This was probably one of the better meetings,  Items 4 and 5 involved a lot of discussion between panel members and Zoe.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

It was considered that the age for concessions will rise each year, so next season will be age 76+

Keep trying to maximise income from season ticket holders is all well and good but they should start hitting the armchair fans a bit first. There's absolutely no justification to put up any prices for supporters who go to games.

Having said that the 75 discount doesn't really make sense so why not abolish it altogether?

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Keep trying to maximise income from season ticket holders is all well and good but they should start hitting the armchair fans a bit first. There's absolutely no justification to put up any prices for supporters who go to games.

Having said that the 75 discount doesn't really make sense so why not abolish it altogether?

I’m not sure of your exact context here, but, I believe that casual match day prices, certainly for adults, all went up by £1.00 per game this season.

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sadly costs have risen for stadium and a 3% increase in not exorbitant, remember that we did not have any increase for 10 years! 

As regards abolishing the 75+ scheme it would be a bad move for the club which would give bad press and give several posters  ammunition to bash the club further.

15 minutes ago, GMF said:

I’m not sure of your exact context here, but, I believe that casual match day prices, certainly for adults, all went up by £1.00 per game this season.

That wasn't my context. Reading threads on here I get the impression more posters seem to watch the game opposed to attending the game 

19 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

Sadly costs have risen for stadium and a 3% increase in not exorbitant, remember that we did not have any increase for 10 years! 

As regards abolishing the 75+ scheme it would be a bad move for the club which would give bad press and give several posters  ammunition to bash the club further.

I believe you are a member of the OSP Mr Biff so was the number given as to how many over 75 ST's we have ?

17 minutes ago, Mr_Biff1961 said:

So that's no real justification to put up season tickets. But I guess what doesn't help the cause is that our club sees so many season ticket holders picking and choosing the games they attend. It gives the impression that the tickets are too cheap.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I believe you are a member of the OSP Mr Biff so was the number given as to how many over 75 ST's we have ?

All joking aside I reckon they can see the train coming down the track. There must be thousands? who will get there in the next few years.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

All joking aside I reckon they can see the train coming down the track. There must be thousands? who will get there in the next few years.

I reckon as fast as us coffin dodgers reach the age of 75 at the other end of the spectrum the grim reaper is holding the door to god's waiting room open so i cannot see an increase in that over 75 age bracket.