shefcanary

Return of Balls

He’s a **.

Been banging the same old drum since Methuselah was a nipper and disappears every time we do ok.

Hope his back is ok though. Can be a crippler. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, S_81 said:

Good on Richard Balls for speaking out about the state of things and not brown nosing the club just to keep in the media mix. It’s not hard to see that the ones who criticise him the most on here are the ones regularly shouting down any club dissenters. If they were a journo we know firmly that they’d have brown all over their noses. 

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Richard Balls is an attention seeking tw*t who posts online as if he's a 14 year old girl craving likes and retweets. Shockingly, it's pretty much everyone who universally hates him, not just some specific segment where we all see you consistently post in an attempt to drive some pathetic online wedge between the fanbase.

15 hours ago, Big O said:

Why do we give these people a platform? I mean he’s an awful fan who I’ve witnessed booing and taking the mick out of our own players on several occasions and his columns were utter dross. Very odd. 

Because media has to cater to even the lowest common denominator, and as this thread shows, there's a few on here who'll be desperate to listen to him 🙂

11 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Or the w*nkers who criticise the club at every single opportunity 

That sure wouldn’t be you. You’d be the chief brown nose writer. For all your defending of him, Stu never gave you a thanks though did he 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Balls is just a professional misery, who loves the attention.

He spent much of the late 1990s moaning about the state of the club, being silenced by the success of 2002 onwards.

After a few years he was back, casting gloom around him, comparing City unfavourably to Wigan. 

And then, his oh-so-public Season Ticket surrender, conducted via social media.

I think the term is "fair weather supporter:" only loyal when things are going well. Frankly, we're better off without them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S_81 said:

That sure wouldn’t be you. You’d be the chief brown nose writer. For all your defending of him, Stu never gave you a thanks though did he 

Brown-Noser of the year award on here, there’s some serious competition but maybe one standout candidate. 

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

I think the term is "fair weather supporter:" only loyal when things are going well. Frankly, we're better off without them.

Fair weather is giving him too much credit. He's a fake fan who's only interested in attention for himself.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Richard Balls is an attention seeking tw*t who posts online as if he's a 14 year old girl craving likes and retweets. Shockingly, it's pretty much everyone who universally hates him, not just some specific segment where we all see you consistently post in an attempt to drive some pathetic online wedge between the fanbase.

As oppose to you continuously defending the indefensible. How’s your Wagner blueprint going that you mentioned only this week? Hahahahahhahahahahahhah

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Brown-Noser of the year award on here, there’s some serious competition but maybe one standout candidate. 

A very competitive year for that competition.  Unlike on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Is it you? Where you've over-stirred the pot and it's splashed your face?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Is it you? Where you've over-stirred the pot and it's splashed your face?

Keep looking, that said we nearly have the full house of candidates on this thread alone. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

42 minutes ago, S_81 said:

As oppose to you continuously defending the indefensible. How’s your Wagner blueprint going that you mentioned only this week? Hahahahahhahahahahahhah

It's a shame your intellect only ever goes as far as the capability of reading a couple words rather than the entire context surrounding a post. At least everyone else is starting to see it now, if they weren't before.

Richard was brave to break from ncfc. I sat with Richard for years - definitely yellow and green blood. I admire Richard for giving up ncfc- for me- it would feel like a bereavement.  However many including me complain but keep renewing and feeding the business. Norwich does not care about its fans-  it is business.  Stuart Webber case in point - the man couldn't stand us. Yet the players and staff gave him a guard of honour. I get Richard's stance totally.

So having publicly announced his departure from the Snakepit why does D ick Balls want to appear on the wireless programme about the club from which he was withdrawn his support? What makes him relevant to this season? It's ridiculous. They should have his  replacement on the show. The supporter in his seat now has far more relevance. 

I wonder what he will talk about. How can he gave a view about matches he hasn't seen? Or the team he has turned his back on. Perhaps he'll talk about what he does instead of supporting our club. 

Edited by nutty nigel

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

So having publicly announced his departure from the Snakepit why does D ick Balls want to appear on the wireless programme about the club from which he was withdrawn his support? What makes him relevant to this season? It's ridiculous. They should have his  replacement on the show. The supporter in his seat now has far more relevance. 

I wonder what he will talk about. How can he gave a view about matches he hasn't seen? Or the team he has turned his back on. Perhaps he'll talk about what he does instead of supporting our club. 

So unless you see a match live at the stadium you can have no view? I take it you only talk about home matches then?  Absolute bonkers rational from you once again. 

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So unless you see a match live at the stadium you can have no view? I take it you only talk about home matches then?  Absolute bonkers rational from you once again. 

At least it rules out those who happy clap in their living rooms.

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Well excuse me. I thought when a departure was publicly announced the train left the station. Didn't realise it immediately returned through the back door. What a melt he is...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Publicly abdicating his season ticket and telling the club 'he won't be back until Webber has gone' when Webber had, in fact, already resigned was prime-time social media.

I didn't listen to the Scrimmage beforehand so forgive me if I'm just blinded by a small sample size. Have the guests always been so 'inflammatory'? Not long ago Nick Mas'hiter (very anti-Webber + NCFC) was on, now we have 'Local Man Yells At Cloud' Balls who is very overtly anti-NCFC. Not that a bit of balance isn't good, but all the media around the club seems distinctly negative these days. I've stopped following Michael Bailey for much the same reason.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I've stopped following Michael Bailey for much the same reason.

Ha, Bailey's job at The Athletic has changed, he does International work and general football stuff including presenting a lot of their video stuff. He hasn't done anything serious on Norwich for months, he doesn't even appear on 'his' own On The Ball podcast! A great loss if you ask me.

20 hours ago, keefyboy said:

Richard was brave to break from ncfc. I sat with Richard for years - definitely yellow and green blood. I admire Richard for giving up ncfc- for me- it would feel like a bereavement.  However many including me complain but keep renewing and feeding the business. Norwich does not care about its fans-  it is business.  Stuart Webber case in point - the man couldn't stand us. Yet the players and staff gave him a guard of honour. I get Richard's stance totally.

Exactly, Richard has the ba11s to say all was not great in the boardroom at CR. Bailey critical too, makes a pleasant change from the experts on here who question nothing. 

57 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Ha, Bailey's job at The Athletic has changed, he does International work and general football stuff including presenting a lot of their video stuff. He hasn't done anything serious on Norwich for months, he doesn't even appear on 'his' own On The Ball podcast! A great loss if you ask me.

I always preferred him over any other Norwich content and yes, the Athletic stopped covering Norwich as a priority so he got moved to other things. And fair play to him for expanding his remit. However on the rare occasion he responds to anything Norwich-related these days, its usually done with the same sort of pseudo-mysterious 'Told you so' delivery as Mash'iter that I just can't sit with.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2023 at 17:29, Big O said:

Why do we give these people a platform? I mean he’s an awful fan who I’ve witnessed booing and taking the mick out of our own players on several occasions and his columns were utter dross. Very odd. 

He was reputedly sacked by Archant after being caught on camera in the Snakepit cheering on Burnley at Worthy's infamous final game.  He directed his bile at players and especially managers instead of at the boardroom, where it really belonged.  In so doing, he became part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

Edited by benchwarmer

18 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

There are those on this board who sit behind their keyboard in the Midlands ranting incessantly and never actually watch the team live at all. So-called ‘supporters’ who don’t support. It’s like people who complain that trains are always late, but never actually travel on them.

1 hour ago, benchwarmer said:

He was reputedly sacked by Archant after being caught on camera in the Snakepit cheering on Burnley at Worthy's infamous final game.  He directed his bile at players and especially managers instead of at the boardroom, where it really belonged.  In so doing, he became part of the problem instead of part of the solution.

He absolutely did, as I used to sit about 10 rows behind him. He was absolutely mocking Andy Hughes all of the time as well. Don’t get me wrong he was very very poor for Norwich and we have all expressed frustration in the direction of our players at times but it was the constant, permanent hammering that wound me up.

Anyway, as I said earlier, he is fully welcome to his views and I’m not quite certain how this turned into “are you for or against the club” thread but my point remains that it’s very odd we give people like this a platform. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Big O said:

Anyway, as I said earlier, he is fully welcome to his views and I’m not quite certain how this turned into “are you for or against the club” thread but my point remains that it’s very odd we give people like this a platform. 

It's gone that way because of a couple of dimwitted posters who decided to turn it into a 'brown nose' debate.

Perhaps they, or someone else, could explain why we never hear from people like Balls and Shaun Lawson during successful times?

52 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

There are those on this board who sit behind their keyboard in the Midlands ranting incessantly and never actually watch the team live at all. So-called ‘supporters’ who don’t support. It’s like people who complain that trains are always late, but never actually travel on them.

I’ve seen Norwich three times in the last few months unless you’re calling me a liar? 

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's gone that way because of a couple of dimwitted posters who decided to turn it into a 'brown nose' debate.

Perhaps they, or someone else, could explain why we never hear from people like Balls and Shaun Lawson during successful times?

Dimwitted! Love it . 

On 16/11/2023 at 12:28, king canary said:

That would be a good thing, he was excellent in his time as chairman here.

Indeed I’m not his greatest fan politically but he was very useful here.

• Like 1