Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

England squad announcement

If Ward-Prowse isn't in there but Henderson is then I'll be pissed but not surprised. 

These are games we should win with ease and a perfect chance to Southgate to begin fading out the likes of Henderson and Maguire. Will be shocked if does though.

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Let's get some predictions going on who will be called up. Let me guess.. Hmmm.. Maguire maybe? Prehaps Rashford? Oooh, will Kalvin-Phillips get a go?

Have you actually looked at recent results, or is this just another chance to vents your prejudices?

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Am I the only one who couldn’t give a sh1t. 

So much so that you need to post and tell us about it!

• Like 1

How anyone can pick Phillips is beyond me, he never plays.....ever.  I personally don't even think he's that good anyway. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Am I the only one who couldn’t give a sh1t. 

Love it when people who say they don't care have to be the very first to scream I DON'T CARE LOOK AT ME I DON'T CARE SO MUCH THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU I DON'T CARE!!

If you did not care why would you be here? Why would you not just ignore this thread? 

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Love it when people who say they don't care have to be the very first to scream I DON'T CARE LOOK AT ME I DON'T CARE SO MUCH THAT I HAVE TO TELL YOU I DON'T CARE!!

If you did not care why would you be here? Why would you not just ignore this thread? 

That’s a fantastic reply Cambridge and the most ironic ever!!! You can NEVER accuse anyone on here of doing a ‘Look at me’ you hold bronze, silver and gold on that one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Have you actually looked at recent results, or is this just another chance to vents your prejudices?

Spot on.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should Kalvin-Phillips be playing for England? Should Maguire?

He picks the players he knows and trusts, simple as that. He has a system that they fit into and doesn't seem fussed that some of them aren't first choices at their clubs.

It will ever be thus so the teeth gnashing is a waste of energy. We can argue about the odd squad player but essentially the main core will stay the same.

47 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Spot on.

He picks the players he knows and trusts, simple as that. He has a system that they fit into and doesn't seem fussed that some of them aren't first choices at their clubs.

It will ever be thus so the teeth gnashing is a waste of energy. We can argue about the odd squad player but essentially the main core will stay the same.

Southgate's first big statement of intent when becoming England manager was that he would'nt pick players who were  not playing regularly for their clubs or not in form. Just saying.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should Kalvin-Phillips be playing for England? Should Maguire?

If we're picking the team based on form and quality then yes both should be included.

Maguire much maligned has picked up in recent weeks despite United's poor form and i was willing his volley to go in last night

Phillips in terms of quality is one of the best in his position, not his fault if he's at Man City where they have about 24 players for one position 

Henderson would be one I wouldn't include based purely on the standard of the league he's playing in, we may as well pick a National League player. 

33 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Southgate's first big statement of intent when becoming England manager was that he would'nt pick players who were  not playing regularly for their clubs or not in form. Just saying.

And if he's found something successful by going back on that then good for him. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s a fantastic reply Cambridge and the most ironic ever!!! You can NEVER accuse anyone on here of doing a ‘Look at me’ you hold bronze, silver and gold on that one. 

And platinum 

43 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This coach and this group of players have, in the last five years, overseen England's most successful period in more than half a century. 

I think it just goes to show that some people can ne we be satisfied.

(But yeah, **** Henderson, get him out of there)

About Henderson..

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yet you still post rather than ignore.

It is a message board, you are allowed to post, you clearly care a lot about the England squad, others do not, both positions are absolutely fine. You could always ignore the posts you do not like rather than commenting on them (Smiley Face)............

11 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

At the risk of being jumped on by the forum police, I am totally and utterly underwhelmed by England these days, fast track bullies who will no doubt qualify and fail when they play a half decent team..............

Exactly. It's all very well beating the likes of Scotland, but once up against a half decent side they crumble. 😉

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yet you still post rather than ignore.

It was a question...i answered . Get back in your box Bosco . Don't make yourself look even more stupid.