KiwiScot

***Official Lappintitup Match Thread-Norwich v Blackburn***

15 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Have you been watching again Midlands? You made a right mess over my verandah last time - she had a hell of a time getting it out of her hair.  

OTBC

Verandah ... that's a lovely name , is your wife foreign . Greek maybe? 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, AJ said:

That's because it was kitchen sink time but for some reason he left the kitchen sink on the bench

Along with the Baath.

• Haha 1

Well that was about as poor a match as I can remember. 

To start with the solitary positive - I thought Jaden Warner didn't look out of place. Yes he wasn't great - but I thought he was the best of a particularly woeful back four. What on earth Danny Batth has done to deserve not even being given a go (and Duffy done to deserve keeping his spot) is well beyond me.

The midfield as deployed today were entirely incapable of performing to provide structure, either to support the defence or to provide a coherent attack. That's a failing of coaching. 

Nunez was poor. I can't name a player I've watched play for Norwich put in so much of a lacklustre performance for some time. 

Onel, Rowe, Hwang and Dimi had moments where they looked threatening, but the lack of support from elsewhere while they tried was just woeful. This is a team who aren't playing for the manager or - more worrying - the team. I've now heard two professionals - Stephen Elliot on Radio Norfolk and Chris Sutton on Sky - question the professionalism and motivation of this team. 

Sara is so inconsistent it's just frustrating. One minute he's oud clear outstanding player, the next he's playing a loose pass and not tracking back. Frustrating. 

It took until the sending off and the quadruple substitution before we started to get a foothold. Given how poor Blackburn's keeper was at crosses, why did it take so long to start to exploit that? Narcis Pelarch was supposed to be the coach brought in to work on opposition weaknesses. What is his point if he's not doing that? 

I could go on. I could put forward my thoughts about this being a bad game for Stacey, or that Kenny McLean's involvement in the game was minimal (worrying as the guy who shoulders the defensive link up responsibility with the back four) or highlight what I thought was Duffy's errors for the first two goals - but what's the point? 

The biggest, single most worrying factor was that Carrow Road appeared to be (from the sky broadcast I watched) an absolute morgue. We were told to expect toxic. Yes it got a bit like that. But I think the overall resounding message was one of sheer apathy. Fans are close to switching off from Norwich City. And what a shame that will be as the ending legacy of Delia, Webber and Wagner. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

So many basic mistakes as a coach I discuss with my U8s team, the fact that they’re a point of discussion at this level tells you all you need to know.

I do think Placheta made a positive impact when he was subbed on though, other than that I’m all out of positives.

Edited by JamieNorfolk

Did Blackburn not have a player sent off? The bloke is delusional like many of the posters who are refusing to see the club has lost it throughout. Lost money, have to pay back loans, sold our best players and have lost those in the crowd that matter.

Head coach David Wagner spoke to Canaries TV following the club's 3-1 defeat against Blackburn Rovers at Carrow Road.

Norwich found themselves 2-0 down early on and Wagner says they never recovered from the early concessions.

"In the first minutes, we came into the game quite well. We had some good turnovers high up and didn't execute the opportunities," he said.

"Afterwards, when we didn't get our press right, we got punished and were 2-0 down. They've done it better, we had high turnovers without clear-cut chances out of those situations. "

"The second half started very poorly with the goal we conceded, another from a transition after a set-piece which we had. We have to solve this issue much better, take responsibility and be switched on which we were not."

However, the head coach praised the effort of the squad and their willingness to fight to the end of the fixture despite being three behind.

Numerours chances arrived but without success until injury time when Gabriel Sara scored a consolation.

"I can't complain about the effort, again the players tried until the final seconds. They really wanted to change things but obviously it was not good enough because it's a defeat. I'm the manager and I have to take responsibility for it," Wagner added.

"The players tried. We were not clinical today, we created enough opportunities to score more than only one goal. It's a horrible run that we are on, it hurts for everyone.

"After the red card and the substitutions, we attacked quite well, we made opportunities. Apart from the last 10 minutes, we played an overload well without being clinical in those situations, we had to score earlier to get more belief, more energy. The longer it took, the more difficult."

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

To start with the solitary positive - I thought Jaden Warner didn't look out of place. Yes he wasn't great - but I thought he was the best of a particularly woeful back four. What on earth Danny Batth has done to deserve not even being given a go (and Duffy done to deserve keeping his spot) is well beyond me.

The midfield as deployed today were entirely incapable of performing to provide structure, either to support the defence or to provide a coherent attack. That's a failing of coaching. 

Nunez was poor. I can't name a player I've watched play for Norwich put in so much of a lacklustre performance for some time. 

Onel, Rowe, Hwang and Dimi had moments where they looked threatening, but the lack of support from elsewhere while they tried was just woeful. This is a team who aren't playing for the manager or - more worrying - the team. I've now heard two professionals - Stephen Elliot on Radio Norfolk and Chris Sutton on Sky - question the professionalism and motivation of this team. 

Sara is so inconsistent it's just frustrating. One minute he's oud clear outstanding player, the next he's playing a loose pass and not tracking back. Frustrating. 

It took until the sending off and the quadruple substitution before we started to get a foothold. Given how poor Blackburn's keeper was at crosses, why did it take so long to start to exploit that? Narcis Pelarch was supposed to be the coach brought in to work on opposition weaknesses. What is his point if he's not doing that? 

I could go on. I could put forward my thoughts about this being a bad game for Stacey, or that Kenny McLean's involvement in the game was minimal (worrying as the guy who shoulders the defensive link up responsibility with the back four) or highlight what I thought was Duffy's errors for the first two goals - but what's the point? 

The biggest, single most worrying factor was that Carrow Road appeared to be (from the sky broadcast I watched) an absolute morgue. We were told to expect toxic. Yes it got a bit like that. But I think the overall resounding message was one of sheer apathy. Fans are close to switching off from Norwich City. And what a shame that will be as the ending legacy of Delia, Webber and Wagner. 

I wish they would at least temporarily switch off from Norwich City - as if they’re not going to do toxic then it’s better than filling the seat and sitting there in silence. But so many of them are happy for the day out. Like a bunch of care home residents given a glimpse of the outside world for a few hours. 

Edited by S_81

15 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I wish they would at least temporarily switch off from Norwich City - as if they’re not going to do toxic then it’s better than filling the seat and sitting there in silence. But so many of them are happy for the day out. Like a bunch of care home residents given a glimpse of the outside world for a few hours. 

Or going to games as fans call it. Alien to you, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Or going to games as fans call it. Alien to you, isn't it?

What don’t you seem to get about the fact that some of us (myself included) are so disgusted about what Webber has been allowed to do at our club - that we will make the ultimate protest and stay away until he’s gone. I know you don’t have it in you to take such a stand, but I do. I must confess I’ve strayed back for the odd game on occasion - but I’m glad I gave the season ticket up. It makes me no less of a fan. You won’t ever get the logic but enough has to be enough. You keep clapping 

19 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It’s hard to be angry at the club anymore. The people in charge just don’t care so why should we. It’s so obvious we doing things so wrong all and sundry can see apart from the people involved. Be it the take over mess(only Norwich would drag that out for 3 years plus will be getting on for 5 by the time it’s all done and dusted), the sporting director mess (only Norwich would drag their sporting directors resignation out for a year and have a 5 month handover period with the new guy) or be it the manager mess who many warned after the way we ended last season wasn’t good enough.  

I was angry after Roeder, I was Angry after Hughton, I was Angry After Smith. I don’t know how much more anger I have to vent at the owners. Who by the way, time and time again make the same mistakes year after year! It’s always square pegs and round holes aka the Norwich way, they always drag anything out to its upmost level of pain to ensure maximum suffering is felt on all involved. Look at how they let poor old worthy get treated before they finally put a bullet between his eyes. If this management team was a dog they’d of been put down weeks ago as that’s the kindest thing. These lot in charge want to draw it out to prolong the suffering and misery for all involved. 

25 minutes ago, S_81 said:

The whole thing surrounding going to a match is just as important for me as the match itself. I see people who I have known for years and who I only generally get to see when I go. I’ve continued to go watch Norwich under much more trying circumstances than this one so it’s just another crisis in a history of crisis’ caused by the owners. The people I sit near are the only thing that make it worth while at the moment in all honesty. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The whole thing surrounding going to a match is just as important for me as the match itself. I see people who I have known for years and who I only generally get to see when I go. I’ve continued to go watch Norwich under much more trying circumstances than this one so it’s just another crisis in a history of crisis’ caused by the owners. The people I sit near are the only thing that make it worth while at the moment in all honesty. 

I get that, I do. But I fear it doesn’t send enough of a message about dissatisfaction. Not unless the crowd is vocal enough. Which it doesn’t seem to be. It’s a personal choice, but I wouldn’t fill my seat right now if I hadn’t have given up my season ticket in protest. 

20 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I get that, I do. But I fear it doesn’t send enough of a message about dissatisfaction. Not unless the crowd is vocal enough. Which it doesn’t seem to be. It’s a personal choice, but I wouldn’t fill my seat right now if I hadn’t have given up my season ticket in protest. 

The club isn’t about the owners, it’s not about the manager, it’s not even about the players. It’s about the fans we are the real custodians of the club. It’s not long ago i remember going with crowds of 12 thousand, if the owners continue to take the fans for granted they will make it known with their feet. The trouble with fans today is to do with supply and demand and people worrying if they give up a ticket they won’t get one again. 

2 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Wise words as ever Robert

For the record, these are not my words, Lynn. They're the words of David Brent.

3 hours ago, S_81 said:

At any other club there would be relentless chanting to get rid of Wagner and Webber. But the day trippers at Carrow Road sit silent. Im embarrassed by much of our fan base. They enable this mess 

Why didn't you come along and join in?

Always the fans fault. Fcuking streamers.

**** club **** fans.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why didn't you come along and join in?

Always the fans fault. Fcuking streamers.

**** club **** fans.

Because I gave my season ticket up when Stu burned the budget and got us relegated from the Prem - and the owners rewarded him with an extended tenure. 

I’ve been back in between times, but not weekly. And not today. And every time I have I’ve not regretted it due to the dross on display and the same characters involved. 

I blame the owners and I blame Webber, and now Wagner. But yes - many of our fans enable it 

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Because I gave my season ticket up when Stu burned the budget and got us relegated from the Prem - and the owners rewarded him with an extended tenure. 

I’ve been back in between times, but not weekly. And not today. And every time I have I’ve not regretted it due to the dross on display and the same characters involved. 

I blame the owners and I blame Webber, and now Wagner. But yes - many of our fans enable it 

Well I'll keep paying my money and indicate to that useless BOD what I think. Until we all do it nothing will change.

The players got it big time at the end of the game 'what the fcuking hell was that we chanted'. Some will be on the phone to their agents; probably Rowe and Sara, but if they leave they leave I really don't care. Spineless bastards are not fit to where the shirt. You blame the fans I blame the players.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well I'll keep paying my money and indicate to that useless BOD what I think. Until we all do it nothing will change.

The players got it big time at the end of the game 'what the fcuking hell was that we chanted'. Some will be on the phone to their agents; probably Rowe and Sara, but if they leave they leave I really don't care. Spineless bastards are not fit to where the shirt. You blame the fans I blame the players.

To be clear, I don’t blame the fans. But I do dismay of those who attend and don’t boo and chant. It gives Smith exactly what she wants. And I agree with your every word re the players - there aren’t many playing for the fans. Even if, as I hope, they’re playing their part to get Wagner out sooner rather than later. But that’s a hope - many of them may just be that useless and disinterested. 

14 minutes ago, S_81 said:

As a fan giving up your ST is a huge decision to make and I totally get why you have done it and fair play to you. On a personal level the social aspect of going to games is important to me and whilst the game(s) may always be good for my mental health I do not underestimate the importance of the time I spend with my football family, there is also a part of me that wonders about giving up my ST. A couple of games ago I did joke to the people that I go to games with that given the £2 bus fare is going to continue until 2024  next season I might still travel in with them, have food and a couple of pints with them and when they go to the footy I will stay in the pub and travel home with them after the game............

13 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

As a fan giving up your ST is a huge decision to make and I totally get why you have done it and fair play to you. On a personal level the social aspect of going to games is important to me and whilst the game(s) may always be good for my mental health I do not underestimate the importance of the time I spend with my football family, there is also a part of me that wonders about giving up my ST. A couple of games ago I did joke to the people that I go to games with that given the £2 bus fare is going to continue until 2024  next season I might still travel in with them, have food and a couple of pints with them and when they go to the footy I will stay in the pub and travel home with them after the game............

It was hard to do. As you say, it’s a way of life. Albeit some of my friends I went with down the years have drifted off in frequency due to family commitments or moving away for jobs. Whilst what was happening on and off the pitch governed my decision, it also suited me to have Saturdays to do other things. However I naturally end up going to the odd game, watching on tv, or spending my Saturday whinging on here instead. 

• Like 1