Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

34 points

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It appears they’ve won the title and promotion before the end of October.  Who thought it possible?! 

Beaten us twice too...

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

And we’ll still finish higher than them this season. You heard it here first👍

No, we won’t. Sad to say, but there really is no chance of it happening 

57 minutes ago, S_81 said:

No, we won’t. Sad to say, but there really is no chance of it happening 

No chance?  I’d happily take the bet at the right odds.

9 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No chance?  I’d happily take the bet at the right odds.

What odds are you after? Not that I’d offer them as I’ve never backed Norwich to even lose a match ever. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

If the binners win their game in hand, they will have double our points total! How times have changed

Do you think that half the threads on their board for the last 10 years have been about how much better we were than them, or is it just posters on this board who have such an obsession that they have to start about 3 new threads about it every single day?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Do you think that half the threads on their board for the last 10 years have been about how much better we were than them, or is it just posters on this board who have such an obsession that they have to start about 3 new threads about it every single day?

After 12 years of being much worse than us their Pantwetters long since ran out of toys to throw out of their prams...

Edited by nutty nigel
Better words.

37 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

After 12 years of being much worse than us their Pantwetters long since jumped off Orwell Bridge...

That's why there was a big screen advert aimed at our pantwetters on the 75 minute mark on Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

That's why there was a big screen advert aimed at our pantwetters on the 75 minute mark on Tuesday.

I think I understand the point you're making but when it's Carrow Bridge it doesn't seem to matter. 

However if it hurt your or anyone elses sensitivities I do apologise. 

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

I like your commonsense approach.

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think I understand the point you're making but when it's Carrow Bridge it doesn't seem to matter. 

However if it hurt your or anyone elses sensitivities I do apologise. 

I take more offence at the Club's stance than anyone on here.

Suicide is a very serious subject particularly amongst males. The Club gets plaudits for it's video. All very good and as an EDP article this week outlined football can be a force for good. Why then does ithe Club pride itself on the highest minimum admission prices, lack of concessionary prices etc? If they are serious about a subject they should be living, sleeping and breathing it. Why aren't they? Actions speak louder than words.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Suicide is a very serious subject particularly amongst males. The Club gets plaudits for it's video. All very good and as an EDP article this week outlined football can be a force for good. Why then does ithe Club pride itself on the highest minimum admission prices, lack of concessionary prices etc? If they are serious about a subject they should be living, sleeping and breathing it. Why aren't they? Actions speak louder than words.

I've edited it. 

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

I agree that suicide is a very serious subject and the video was impressive. Beyond that I have no idea WTF you are talking about, as per usual. You are trivialising an important issue so that you can repeat your pathetic agenda for the thousandth time!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Yeah in Lamberts Championship season I bet they did. They were also miserable and looking at us constantly in 2019 too. 

It’s only natural when two fierce rivals (especially in the same division) are experiencing polar opposite fortunes. 

No one cared about Ipswich when the Championship separated us. But now it’s being rammed down our throats. They’ve not just caught us.. they’ve flown passed us. As we did them. 

It’s no shame to admit  as a proper Norwich fan you’re gutted to see the current situation. All those fans with the ‘**** Ipswich, I couldn’t care less” attitude are either fronting up, or not really passionate Norwich fans. 

Im a passionate Norwich fan and it hurts to look at the league table right now. And that’s fine, and how it should be.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

55 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah in Lamberts Championship season I bet they did. They were also miserable and looking at us constantly in 2019 too. 

It’s only natural when two fierce rivals (especially in the same division) are experiencing polar opposite fortunes. 

No one cared about Ipswich when the Championship separated us. But now it’s being rammed down our throats. They’ve not just caught us.. they’ve flown passed us. As we did them. 

It’s no shame to admit  as a proper Norwich fan you’re gutted to see the current situation. All those fans with the ‘**** Ipswich, I couldn’t care less” attitude are either fronting up, or not really passionate Norwich fans. 

Im a passionate Norwich fan and it hurts to look at the league table right now. And that’s fine, and how it should be.

Great post and not in denial of facts. 

13 hours ago, essex canary said:

9 hours ago, Commonsense said:

I agree that suicide is a very serious subject and the video was impressive. Beyond that I have no idea WTF you are talking about, as per usual. You are trivialising an important issue so that you can repeat your pathetic agenda for the thousandth time!

100% agree Commonsense.

Quite what suicide and NCFC’s superb video has to do with admission prices is something known only to Essex. I wouldn’t be surprised to find him still posting about the unfairness of it all when he’s wafting around in the afterlife.

10 hours ago, Commonsense said:

If it helps the conversation surrounds @nutty nigel previous observations about feeling priced out of Block M by lack of concessions where presumably his friends are, the same posters comments about jumping in rivers and a Samaritans advert that appeared on the big screen on 75 minutes on Tuesday evening that was the source of some comment amongst Block M patrons on Tuesday evening aside from the many empty seats.

Perhaps overall message to the Club don’t give up the day job.

Edited by essex canary

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Good post. I think some are in denial as the resurgence of ITFC highlights many deficiencies in lots of things NCFC from ownership model, head coach, style of play etc. It hurts when as you say your 'fierce rival' shows you up, but it is what it is.

Our club feels in such a mess at the moment and I am more concerned about that than what Ipswich do, so I'm rather in the xxxx Ipswich camp. 

They haven't won anything yet but the stars seem to be aligning. We can only do our bit by beating them on the 16th.

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If it helps the conversation surrounds @nutty nigel previous observations about feeling priced out of Block M by lack of concessions where presumably his friends are, the same posters comments about jumping in rivers and a Samaritans advert that appeared on the big screen on 75 minutes on Tuesday evening that was the source of some comment amongst Block M patrons on Tuesday evening aside from the many empty seats.

Perhaps overall message to the Club don’t give up the day job.

Now hold you hard Essex...

You're making a lot of assumptions there. I had friends around me in Block M but also where I am now in block N. I still have family and friends in the lower Barclay where I was 10 years ago. And one of the great things about going to football is that you make new friends. The community aspect of supporting our team is as important as the game itself. The same as the community aspect of this forum is as important as the opinions we post.

To be clear the rules stated that to get a concession I would have to move from Block M. I accepted that readily. I simply asked how is it you get a concession where others can't. You never really answered that. So do all the ADs sit in block M?

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Now hold you hard Essex...

You're making a lot of assumptions there. I had friends around me in Block M but also where I am now in block N. I still have family and friends in the lower Barclay where I was 10 years ago. And one of the great things about going to football is that you make new friends. The community aspect of supporting our team is as important as the game itself. The same as the community aspect of this forum is as important as the opinions we post.

To be clear the rules stated that to get a concession I would have to move from Block M. I accepted that readily. I simply asked how is it you get a concession where others can't. You never really answered that. So do all the ADs sit in block M?

OK. Still doesn't alter the generalisation though that if someone reaches the age of 65 and is happy in Block M they shouldn't be obliged to move on account of not being to be able to claim an OAP concession. To my knowledge this is available for like seats at other grounds. The fact that it isn't at Carrow Road, like the removal of the seat concession for ADs inheritors, is down to David McNally.

The standard allocation complimentary seat for AD'S is in the South Stand padded seats and worth £300 more than my complimentary which is why BK liked my proposal albeit he didn't deliver on the rest of it such that the inheritors can't claim it. I suspect other original purchase ADs sit elsewhere such as the Directors Box with or without a deal and/or perhaps decline it. 

I met one supporter who had the same investment in the Bond Scheme as I had in shares. He stated that he would never buy shares in the Football Club as the Corporate Governance isn't good enough. Good move on his part though. His profit will keep him funded for 15 years at Block M prices with his original investment back after 18 months.