Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

Protest on Saturday .....

Protest on Saturday before the Leicester game at 2pm

All Protestors - please keep to the following during the short march and protest.

All chants should be about Worthington and aimed at the board. No negatives about our players.

Keep it peaceful. It is a family day. Be friendly.

Co-operate with the authorities - we have been liasing with them. They are there for our safety. Do not be confrontational. It is important to behave in a sensible manner, just like in the protests before the Stoke game.

Have some songs and chanting in support for our players and the team! This will do no harm.

Show we are Norwich fans with a heart and passion.

At 2pm we should all meet on the pavement just after the Friendship Bridge (just before the Swimming Pool) on the left hand side pavement as your approach the ground. This way we do not block the Swimming Pools car park, which is in constant use. From there we slowly move to Carrow Road. The aim is to head towards the main entrance of the football club at Carrow Road where previous protests have been held. To keep the Police happy, we should remain on the pavement at the back - allowing other fans to pass.

Please refrain from swearing - as it is a family day. There will be fans around opposed to our protest and will taunt those giving their vocal support to make the board aware that we are unhappy. Please do not retaliate to the words they may throw at us.

Remember the press will be there in force, also TV and Radio. Smile for them. Be vocal. Be colourful. Be happy.

shall i bring sandwiches or cakes, what a load of twaddle,no negatives to the players what do you think this will do make them happy.you are talking like the fans are 10 years old. get a life.

worthy in worthy in

[quote user="king of latvia"]

shall i bring sandwiches or cakes, what a load of twaddle,no negatives to the players what do you think this will do make them happy.you are talking like the fans are 10 years old. get a life.

worthy in worthy in

[/quote]

Unlike you king, they care a lot about our club, and go to the games too. They are also prepared to take insults from alleged fans like you, who are content with the Burnley type performances.

This tells me:

(A) You don''t go to games.

(B) You wouldn''t know what you were watching if you did!.

More power to their elbows, and I back them all the way.

will this be something that happens every game from now or are you going to stop start again. You were the ones that called the demo off before (sheff utd) will you do the same again if we win v leicester?

Can I protest on my own if I want to sing anti player songs?

I am sick of the players getting of scot free week after week. Every player we have has a CV and a pedigree that means they should be doing better.  Without fail.

The three contenders for player of the season: 

Doherty - because his average performances this season have been beter than the dire ones he is capable of, and he hasn''t got injured.

Safri - hilariously, touted as potentially being world class in a thread yesterday.  Would be happy if he was actually 100% fit at some stage of the season and crossed the half way line every now and again. If he is going to "make the play" can he do so in their half rather than becoming a third central defender.  If him and Doherty are so great at defending why are we so rubbish at it..

Mcveigh - Has become some kind of anti-Worthington martyr.  Just a shame he didn''t apply himself for the 18 months prior to the Crewe away game. Funny how his rebirth didn''t appear to be linked with Mulryne leaving and the owner of Delaney''s selling up.

worthy in worthy in

[/quote]

King, what has Nigel done in the past 43 matches to improve the football at Carrow Road considering the 2nd half at Burnley was the worst half of football I have seen us play all season?? 

He gets a rumoured £15,000 a week for deciding to play an ageing left back in midfield over a fully fit Yousseff Safri!!

He gets a rumoured £15,000 a week for spending £3,000,000 of our money on a player that has already been dropped twice and doesn''t fit into our hoofball system!!

He gets a rumoured £15,000 a week for repeatadly playing strikers at right wing!!

He gets a rumoured £15,000 a week for putting out a team that cannot pass the ball!!

He gets a rumoured £15,000 a week for putting out a team that don''t even look bothered!!

And all this happened in one match!!!!  let alone the rest of this dismal season!!

worthy in worthy in

[/quote]

what a load of absolute sheet, thats ridiculous.

maybe yankee could arrange a holiday in guantanemo bay for you and torture you until you change your mind. sorry did i say torture, I meant persuade.

As each week goes by there will be fewer and fewer die hard KTF''s to stop your protests, obviously Latvia will be there, but be prepared for the rantings of the neo-conservatives who see nothing and KTF he will go in the near future as long as you KT the true Faith Worthy out.

i think that it would be a really good move if the organisers of worthy out could manage to get someone outside the turnstiles with a petition sheet taking names and seat details. that way those that dont want worthy, but dont want to protest, could boost the numbers and have something to put to the board.

a--yes i do and i go to the tour matches including malaysia  did you

b---at least i stck to what i belive in you and the others keep changing your minds .

what will you do on sat when we beat leicester.

and i love this club more then the wife,ask her who comes first.

delias barmy army

worthys green army

worthy in worthy in

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

will this be something that happens every game from now or are you going to stop start again. You were the ones that called the demo off before (sheff utd) will you do the same again if we win v leicester?

[/quote]

As far as I am aware there will be protests before or after the other two home games this season. We cannot control anything that happens at away games as it is hard to get permission/in contact with the relevant authorities.

The next protests after Saturday maybe structured differently, to keep things fresh.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

This is a very good point, and although you have already replied to it, I just thought i''d say that we shouldn''t let a win (big if!) vs Leicester stop any future protests - they''re another very poor side. We need to keep this going from now until Worthington goes, whether we win, lose or draw.

a--yes i do and i go to the tour matches including malaysia  did you

b---at least i stck to what i belive in you and the others keep changing your minds .

what will you do on sat when we beat leicester.

delias barmy army

worthys green army

worthy in worthy in

[/quote]

Do you beleive in passing football?

[quote user="Nobby G"]

Can I protest on my own if I want to sing anti player songs?

I am sick of the players getting of scot free week after week. Every player we have has a CV and a pedigree that means they should be doing better.  Without fail.

[/quote] Don''t forget though that it is the manager who has brought most of the current squad to the club and it''s his job to get the best out of them. Ok maybe some of them aren''t performing or pulling their weight but in my opinion it''s Worthy''s job to sort that out and make sure they do or sign replacements who will make a full contribution - in skill and effort!!

Myself and brother in law will be there again calling for worthys

removal, we are both in our mid forties so all this cr@p about it being

just kds is wrong we have over 70 years supporting our team between us

.These people who berate us for protesting have got to remember he is

only an employee of the club not part of the fixtures and fittings ,he

rightly  took all the praise when we were doing well but shurks

his share of the blame when things go wrong . Do you think delia would

continue to employ a waiter in her plush resturaunts  if when

taking orders from the menu   they  continualy got the

orders wrong or the chef  who served up bad  food NO , so why

is worthy still allowed to continue getting it wrong week in week out

.Those of you who like the menu according to worthy at mc donalds ok

its your choice and i respect  ,but  i personaly would prefer

to eat at the ritz with someone who knows what they are doing.OTBC

Rossi I think the record might be sticking a little there.  Several times we have been over the same ground as to why there was no protest before the Sheffield Utd game, but let me try and put it simply.

The worthyout campaign is not some organised rent-a-crowd, it is a group of fans of all ages (mainly middle aged) who remember better footballing times and want a return to that style of football.  They just got together and started to distribute stickers to that effect and started a web site. It is mindful that a great many other fans feel the same way but equally those fans have reservations about protesting and the effect it might have on the club.

In particular that protests before a game might upset players that fans "love" and want to see do well.  A number of people in the press and on various boards asked that to give these players a chance toplay their best,  the campaign did not organise a protest before the Sheffield game.  After a lot of discussion which was fairly evenly split the view was taken that a protest would be damaging to the long term objective of changing the coaching staff and therefore the style of play; and as such should be discouraged (we had no power to stop it).

The reason for this was that if we lost the Sheffield Utd game, we would have been blamed - not the Board, the manager, the staff or the players but the protesters.  If we had won then equally a lot of people would have gladly used that against us as well to haper the campaign.

It was a decision based on logic and not "just because we won" as some people seem quick to make.

The campaign is not rent-a-crowd it is just a group of people trying to work with the club and the police to allow a protest to go ahead in a well organised manner.  We could not have stopped anyone protesting before Sheffield Utd all we could do was not turn up ourselves.

Hence us not attending meant about a dozen people did not attend ( at Stoke that meant there was a lot of people who wanted to protest in their own right ) and against Sheffield there was no one who wanted to protest, otherwise they would have turned up regardless. 

So please Rossi don''t blame worthyout.co.uk for you not protesting against Sheffield and rest assured that if there is a call for future protests worthyout will do its best tokeep them organised and well behaved and you will be very welcome.

Keep it low ...

Someone remember to take a camera so that we can prove that a lot of people want Worthy out!

Remember last time they gave us a figure of 500 peoples when it was more like 3000

Good Luck everyone!!!

Kings in the minority.. even my Girlfriend says if she was married to u She''d Leave u and she''s an Ipswich fan!

We will be singing on thew ball city, and many other songs to show we support the players... I suppose by wanting Worthington out it demoralises that so obviously dont want to play for him... and dont quote the clus Piffle that they do!

I will say what i have wanted to say for a while... Nigel Worthington is an idiot!

he isnt a football manager.. would u put a 34 year old left back in midfield and leave 2 midfielders on the bench king???? would u encourage the long ball to a striker who is 5''8 tall against a 6''4 center back????

Remeber sheffield wednesday at home... would u play Peter Thorne on the wing????

I could go on... dont dwell on past Successes.. the England fans have been doing that for 40 years.. thats why they have only won 1 world cup...

Worthy''s promotion and playoffs are in the history books... now is now.. look at whats happening.. dont dwell 3-4 years in the past mate...

jas :)

King of latvia are you nigel worthington?? maybe it would explain are lack of qualitly on the pitch as you spend training time on this messageboard

Just want to second everything that Citizen Journalist Foghorn wrote and just add that getting a rumoured £15,000 a week for being clueless is a lot of money. People get paid that sort of money a year for being astute and clever! 

He also gets a rumoured £15,000 a week for the same old excuses each week, the same empty promises of improvement, and the same pathetically boring repetetive speaches about workrate, energy and commitment.

15,000 per week for coaching the goals out of proven goalscorers such as Ashton and possibly Earnshaw and turning them into disinterested luxuries or expensive benchwarmers.

I could go on but its just all so frustrating............ 

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

Someone remember to take a camera so that we can prove that a lot of people want Worthy out!

Remember last time they gave us a figure of 500 peoples when it was more like 3000

Good Luck everyone!!!

[/quote]

oh dear tom, i was at the march at if there was 3000 people there i am a monkeys uncle.500 was generous.

:0)

hey guys chill out. i was at the last demo, i will be at the next one and everyone after that. as i have said on other posts i think people should take their hats off to anyone willing to put themselves in a postion to organise anything against the club, other than bitch and moan at peoples efforts

i''m not blaming worthyout for no protests, was simply enquiring as to whether or not they will continue and you will note from another thread that i have suggested a petition to incorporate those that do not want to demonstrate to help boost numbers

i know you are not rent a mob, but a respected organisation amongst the WOers

One point i will make is that you guys have nothing to lose, unlike other fans groups, you stand for one thing so stand for it and be proud. you have to see that politics doesnt come into your equation so make full use of it.

Good luck and i''ll be there.

By the way, could the kids stand kerbside so to be side on to the photographers to get rid of the "bunch of kids" routine

I''m sure you will be helped by leicester - despite a better performance we will lose

I know an NCFC fan who loves Ipswich more than he loves his wife .... [;)]

On a far more serious note - can I just be clear?  Is there now planned to be a protest at all 3 remaining home games, beginning on Saturday?  Is that the intention?