cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Smoggies*

For the first time for many many years I'm ashamed to say that I now feel absolutely no connection with the Club whatsoever and I gave been through thick and thin with them since 1962. The whole club stinks right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Barry Brockes said:

For the first time for many many years I'm ashamed to say that I now feel absolutely no connection with the Club whatsoever and I gave been through thick and thin with them since 1962. The whole club stinks right now.

Spot on 

2 minutes ago, Wirecanary said:

Spot on 

26 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah agreed. Just with no experience of appointing managers in a sporting director role.. do you think he even has a ‘man’ in mind? It’s all 

3 minutes ago, Wirecanary said:

Spot on 

I joined as  a home and away member so i could purchase tickets to watch City against Sunderland home and away. £50 plus another £32 for the ticket for this weekend ( I live in Durham). Dreading Saturday as even though Sunderland have lost their last two at least they are creating chances. I will always support my club. As well as the memberships and tickets have purchased all 3 shirts this season as well as other merchandise. I am nearly 60 but the club means a lot to me. I am gutted by what's happening. From Delia etc slowing down the sale to souring the globe for the best manager and ending up with SW pal to the players. We need a huge reset and it must start now

It is easy to jump on the sack Wagner bandwagon, but to see Sara pick up the ball in the central defender area during time added on, I am afraid sums up that the manager and coaching staff are just not good enough.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Barry Brockes said:

The whole club has stunk since 1996.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

Having questioned Long about the first goal against Leeds, I think it's only fair to say that he's probably the only player who started who didn't have a poor performance tonight.

Trying times, where the weak will fall by the wayside. Its happened before and will happen again. The cycle will eventually turn up again and the only question is, will I live long enough  to see it.

Really don't know where we go from here other than sack that **** Wagner before the weekend.

Christ that was a poor performance. **** from minute 1 to minute 99.

Some quite terrible individual performances tonight. I'll start with Onel who yet again proves he is no better than League One.

I don't think anyone played well and should be free from criticism.

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Just play him as a striker then. Play him where he is most effective. No one else is looking as dangerous as him when he plays in the middle up front. As a pure winger he ties himself in knots. He is a potential Henry! 

Don’t disagree. Wagner will never do that though.

8 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

I don't say this to mean any offense but I'm pleased there's a 0% chance you will be our next sporting director. 

That’s fine, I know it’s controversial. But I genuinely think he goes missing and is ineffective for large periods of games. 

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Some quite terrible individual performances tonight. I'll start with Onel who yet again proves he is no better than League One.

I don't think anyone played well and should be free from criticism.

I thought Onel was by far and away our worst player last night. First touch awful and running down blind alleys. There's a reason he was sent on loan in seasons gone. We were poor but I was crying out for him to be replaced after 20 minutes he was that bad. Surely Sainz must start next game and bring some youth onto the bench. Too worried about upsetting egos. 

13 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Looking ominous now!    We are a very average team, going backwards on and off the pitch.   Lacking inspiration, confidence and quality.    Even Sara and Rowe can’t keep possession.   

Sad to watch.

another rubbish performance, if you can call it that. Urgently need more ambition

18 hours ago, ricardo said:

Trying times, where the weak will fall by the wayside. Its happened before and will happen again. The cycle will eventually turn up again and the only question is, will I live long enough  to see it.

We've all been here before.

I recall that terrible losing streak under Ron Saunders - we just couldn't buy a win. 

We definitely need Sargent and Barnes back.