Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich V Leeds****

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is superficial similarity, so superficial as to be meaningless.

You described Wagner as 'the closest to Farke we could get' which is demonstrably nonsense.

Really? Who was closer we should have got at the time then?

Are you really telling me the fact their squad is 200 million quid and ours is 70 million quid might not be a significant factor in why they ultimately got to grips with us after we got off to a good start?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

It is superficial similarity, so superficial as to be meaningless.

You described Wagner as 'the closest to Farke we could get' which is demonstrably nonsense.

If you want my advice, king canary, give up fighting with LYB. You will out-think him (not a difficult task) but believe me you will never out-post him.

• Haha 2

It's pitiful that some of our players can't last more than 60 mins.  It wasn't as though we were playing a high press, plus Leeds gave us all the time in the world to play out from the back.

Wagner is really nothing like Farke, not sure where the hell that notion is coming from.

7 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If you want my advice, king canary, give up fighting with LYB. You will out-think him (not a difficult task) but believe me you will never out-post him.

Okay. Apparently 70 million quid squads can be reasonably expected to be superior to 200 million quid squads all else being equal.

You live and learn. Tell Attanassio he's not needed. We don't need more money after all. Bring in the new manager!

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

11 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Are you really telling me the fact their squad is 200 million quid and ours is 70 million quid might not be a significant factor in why they ultimately got to grips with us after we got off to a good start?

It's good you've realised that you were arguing complete nonsense so have then returned and edited in a second, completely seperate argument to attempt to distract.

39 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Because that's the way the fans want us to play. We got another coach trying to do it a different way, less about fitness, less about being pretty on the eye and more about just getting results. Fans rebelled and we got the closest to Farke we could get.

Today, we saw Farke v a guy very similar to Farke. One with a lower prem squad newly relegated and one with a championship squad. The one with the lower premier League squad won. Even though the champ squad made a good go of it they just couldn't sustain it long enough. Shock horror.

If you think Wagner is even slightly close to Farke in terms of tactical intention I really do despair.

• Like 2

Just now, king canary said:

It's good you've realised that you were arguing complete nonsense so have then returned and edited in a second, completely seperate argument to attempt to distract.

Good dodge from answering.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Good dodge from answering.

It isn't a dodge though is it? I never said anything about squad values (a point that is obviously totally undermined by our hammering by Plymouth and being outplayed by Coventry who's squads are worth much less than ours but you'll ignore that). You added it in after you'd already posted because you know you're talking utter ****e yet again and literally everyone on this thread can see it.

• Like 1

It isn't a dodge though is it? I never said anything about squad values (a point that is obviously totally undermined by our hammering by Plymouth and being outplayed by Coventry who's squads are worth much less than ours but you'll ignore that). You added it in after you'd already posted because you know you're talking utter ****e yet again and literally everyone on this thread can see it.

Well yes it is. As evidenced by the fact you're still not answering in favour of a sort of 'haha! I've won' pseudo triumphalist approach.

Also it was a supplementary afterthought that I added. No big conspiracy.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well yes it is. As evidenced by the fact you're still not answering in favour of a sort of 'haha! I've won' pseudo triumphalist approach.

Couldn’t you just look in a mirror and argue  with yourself for the next hour? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Couldn’t you just look in a mirror and argue  with yourself for the next hour? 

Why? It's more fun arguing with other people. (Actually my frequent editing is down to looking at my own stuff and deciding it's not quite what I wanted to express, which kind of is arguing with myself before anyone else gets a chance to).

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

In answer to your question about who we could have got....

Firstly it's a stupid question because I don't know every single manager in the world and whether they fancied a move to Norwich.

But...if we were looking for someone as close to Farke as possible we'd be looking for someone who plays football to dominate possession. So someone like Ian Evatt at Bolton who was known for playing this style of football in League Two with Barrow. Or if you fancied going continental then Garcia Pimienta was at Barca B and is now managing a possession heavy Las Palmas who are doing well. Pascal Jansen was linked very closely with Rangers recently and plays a possession based style with Alkmaar.

I'm not saying these guys would have been chomping at the bit to come in and join us. But if the remit was 'lets find someone very similar to Farke' Wagner wouldn't be on that list.

In answer to your question about who we could have got....

Firstly it's a stupid question because I don't know every single manager in the world and whether they fancied a move to Norwich.

But...if we were looking for someone as close to Farke as possible we'd be looking for someone who plays football to dominate possession. So someone like Ian Evatt at Bolton who was known for playing this style of football in League Two with Barrow. Or if you fancied going continental then Garcia Pimienta was at Barca B and is now managing a possession heavy Las Palmas who are doing well. Pascal Jansen was linked very closely with Rangers recently and plays a possession based style with Alkmaar.

I'm not saying these guys would have been chomping at the bit to come in and join us. But if the remit was 'lets find someone very similar to Farke' Wagner wouldn't be on that list.

Whatever you say. You're the king, after all.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Whatever you say. You're the king, after all.

You're an absolute baby.

You got all pissy about me 'dodging' your question, I answered it and then you throw off a sarcy comment because you realise you can't actually argue your point.

• Thanks 2

You're an absolute baby.

You got all pissy about me 'dodging' your question, I answered it and then you throw off a sarcy comment because you realise you can't actually argue your point.

No, I mean it. I bow down before you. Good job!

3 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

It may have yielded those points without the joint worst defence in the league

That's my point; there's no excuse for having the joint worst defence in the league.

6 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Does anyone have the recipe for humble pie? Happy to bake a whole one so we can share it around at full time, I only need a single slice. 🙄

Well, s***.

• Haha 1

If we wanted to get someone who likes to play exactly like Farke does and was realistic at that time, we'd have got Russell Martin. Wagner is nothing like Farke, the only positive I can think about Wagner right now is he's not Dean Smith.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

If we wanted to get someone who likes to play exactly like Farke does and was realistic at that time, we'd have got Russell Martin. Wagner is nothing like Farke, the only positive I can think about Wagner right now is he's not Dean Smith.

How did I forget Martin? Easily the most obvious Farke style replacement. 

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

I didn’t watch the match, was busy with family stuff but the result is gutting.

However…

1. Who exactly has said “It’s all fine, anyone who doesn’t think we’ll get promoted is clueless”? Quote me anything even close to that from this forum from the last couple of months.

2. “claiming people who think we’d go down are clueless” - every season the miserablists claim this. We’ve been relegated from the PL twice, it happens. But we were still in the Championship last time I looked so “Every season they’re proved wrong” is b0llocks.

Moan and whinge if you have to, argue with other posters about why we aren’t doing better, but don’t make sh1t up.

Relegated from the Prem twice? If only! We hold the record for most relegations from there ffs! 

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Our squad is nowhere near worth 70 million quid ffs! The only ones of any real value are Sara, Rowe and Gunn and they aren’t worth more than 35 million combined! 

Edited by TheBaldOne66

Honestly, we would have beaten Leeds yesterday had the main two strikers started for us. Playing Idah is like playing with 10 men. He did one good run with the ball into the corner to waste some time and I can't remember anything from him. The midfield seem to have to over compensate.

18 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

More generally. What looks like a good appointment as Webber's replacement, the board of directors being freshened up, money coming in as cash and loans, and the prospect of a takeover.

At 2-0 I thought of adding that things also seemed fine on the playing side, but decided to hold off, just in case...😂