hogesar

Cantwell Speaks Out Norwich / Webber / Farke / Smith

On 19/10/2023 at 16:21, Petriix said:

I imagine many (if not most) professional footballers are a bit of a [insert choice of derogatory profanity here]. Ultimately it's down to the club and the manager to... manage; their egos, agents, wage demands etc.. In this case it was a bit of a failure because we missed out on either cashing in on or playing one of our better players.

Really I think it's a microcosm of a bigger issue with how the playing squad was managed which saw our wages spiral while the quality deteriorated. Imagine how much better things could have been if we'd just given Todd the wages he was after rather than spaffing all that money on Rashica's salary. 

I normally agree with absolutely everything you say , for years I thought you were posting for me . I just don't think giving Todd more money would of fixed anything.  Unfortunately when Emi went the triangle went , Emi ,Pukki and Todd were made for each other. It was a team and Todd by the sound of it over stepped the mark . 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

wow yes i remember that well kissed a lock of her hair before ever game ? 

such a sad time for the family 

I think we were all in tears .

• Like 2

Poor Todd had a family bereavement? That is sad. If you are inadequate and immature then you behave in a certain manner. If you are mature and have an ounce of character then you behave professionally and get on with it. 

1 hour ago, Sufyellow said:

Not easy is it , but also building a team without stars and getting to the prem has its rewards.  We definitely aren't a club with stars , so team players mean every thing . 

We’ve only got to the Prem in recent history with stars. They may not have been PL level stars but they were standout players for us and made the difference. 

I can’t think of a successful team that’s got out of the Championship in recent times without a handful of players you can point out and say they were the difference, ourselves very much included. The idea of a team without those players being successful is a bit of a myth IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

We’ve only got to the Prem in recent history with stars. They may not have been PL level stars but they were standout players for us and made the difference. 

I can’t think of a successful team that’s got out of the Championship in recent times without a handful of players you can point out and say they were the difference, ourselves very much included. The idea of a team without those players being successful is a bit of a myth IMO.

Luton. 

33 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Luton. 

Morris scored 20 goals over a 3rd of their total. Pretty sure he got their highest assists as well. Without him they weren’t getting promoted.

That’s my point, stars are relative to the team they’re in. Morris isn’t a PL star, but to Luton last season he was the difference, they had no chance of promotion without him.

8 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Do you think the first championship win was because of star players? Or do you think farke set up to make that TEAM work. Was Pukki a star, would he have won us the league without the other players ? Maddison was a star , we didn't do anything with him except sell him. Sara is a star , absolutely no good without a team, we will sell him soon. Norwich will only get success as a team of players all wanting to be here to achieve it. 

7 hours ago, Monty13 said:

Morris scored 20 goals over a 3rd of their total. Pretty sure he got their highest assists as well. Without him they weren’t getting promoted.

That’s my point, stars are relative to the team they’re in. Morris isn’t a PL star, but to Luton last season he was the difference, they had no chance of promotion without him.

They played to his strengths as a team,  he wouldn't have been much good if the defence had let in loads . Luton were a well organised team. 

14 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Do you think the first championship win was because of star players? Or do you think farke set up to make that TEAM work. Was Pukki a star, would he have won us the league without the other players ? Maddison was a star , we didn't do anything with him except sell him. Sara is a star , absolutely no good without a team, we will sell him soon. Norwich will only get success as a team of players all wanting to be here to achieve it. 

My point is you need both.

On 21/10/2023 at 13:11, Sufyellow said:

You seem to missing out the bit where he said he went to the manager which he knew was a mistake,  sounds like he knew he was over stepping the mark , he goes on to say he had a good relationship with Farke.  My guess would be he respected Farke and was treated no different to anyone else, I expect Farke was there for him. Its a real struggle trying to manage young men. 

Not missing that out at all... in fact, I'm surprised you missed it.

21 minutes ago, chicken said:

Not missing that out at all... in fact, I'm surprised you missed it.

Yet your opinion is farke handled it badly ! Even though Cantwell says he over stepped the mark , he got punished for it , that's what happens. Cantwell goes on to say he had a good relationship with Farke. So it sounds like Farke handled it right . Personally I manage young men,  we have rules I am quite strict at times , but they all know I am honest and would go out of my way to help them personally and am there when they need me. The difference I have if its a lost cause I can sack them and it doesn't cost millions. Who would want to be a manager?

On 20/10/2023 at 15:23, essex canary said:

Let's remember this quote from the first Annual Report of the Delia and Michael era:

'We see rhe shareholder initiative as part of our on-going policy of taking the Club back to it's supporters'.

Have they reneged upon it? If so exactly when?

"Part of an ongoing policy" - shouldn't have to explain that the policy is what is ongoing, not initiatives that may be inspired by the policy.

Isn't the concept of an "initiative" limited in time by defenition? I don't know many initiatives that last many decades.

Not only that, I'm still not sure how this connects to your request for a free season ticket for someone?

The initiative certainly didn't promise it did it? 

57 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Yet your opinion is farke handled it badly ! Even though Cantwell says he over stepped the mark , he got punished for it , that's what happens. Cantwell goes on to say he had a good relationship with Farke. So it sounds like Farke handled it right . Personally I manage young men,  we have rules I am quite strict at times , but they all know I am honest and would go out of my way to help them personally and am there when they need me. The difference I have if its a lost cause I can sack them and it doesn't cost millions. Who would want to be a manager?

Yup. And if you read through my posts you'll understand why. Not going to go over it again.

I also manage people and service users including young men. I too have to be strict. If someone returns to work after a bereavement and acts out of character, I am, and have to be sensitive as to why. Moving them to a different department would result in a disciplinary for me or worse.

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yup. And if you read through my posts you'll understand why. Not going to go over it again.

I also manage people and service users including young men. I too have to be strict. If someone returns to work after a bereavement and acts out of character, I am, and have to be sensitive as to why. Moving them to a different department would result in a disciplinary for me or worse.

Did he act differently? Again he excepted he over stepped the mark , he admitted he deserved the punishment and by the sounds of things respected Farke for it. So where do you find in what Cantwell said that Farke doing his job mis managed him. So how would you handle someone breaking the rules, for me it would have to be a warning and letting them go. Or they take more time out unpaid, not sure how that works for a footballer. 

12 minutes ago, chicken said:

"Part of an ongoing policy" - shouldn't have to explain that the policy is what is ongoing, not initiatives that may be inspired by the policy.

Isn't the concept of an "initiative" limited in time by defenition? I don't know many initiatives that last many decades.

Not only that, I'm still not sure how this connects to your request for a free season ticket for someone?

The initiative certainly didn't promise it did it? 

If the Club wish to cease an initiative best to clean it up. Burnley did. Then again in some ways Delia seems happy with the initiative other than what reasonably are it's commitments. Have your cake and eat it, everyone likes that.

I am guessing the Rangers manager wasn't delighted with him engaging in a podcast to effectively have a slanging match with Chris Sutton at the same time as coming back from injury?

Nonetheless the issue is how to get the best from the employee. As a matter of context it is worth reflecting on the Murphy twins. One now plying his trade in the Champions League and the other in League One.

2 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Did he act differently? Again he excepted he over stepped the mark , he admitted he deserved the punishment and by the sounds of things respected Farke for it. So where do you find in what Cantwell said that Farke doing his job mis managed him. So how would you handle someone breaking the rules, for me it would have to be a warning and letting them go. Or they take more time out unpaid, not sure how that works for a footballer. 

I've covered this all already. Not repeating myself sorry.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

If the Club wish to cease an initiative best to clean it up. Burnley did. Then again in some ways Delia seems happy with the initiative other than what reasonably are it's commitments. Have your cake and eat it, everyone likes that.

But you demanded something for someone that wasn't part of the initiative because you were.

You want something because someone else had it (Burnley).

Neither of these things have any relation to this initiative.

Nor does anything you say alter anything I have said.

It bares absolutely no semblance to this thread, no matter how desperately you have tried to derail it. Can you see how many people are agreeing with you?

On 21/10/2023 at 12:47, Sufyellow said:

Should webber have had a relationship with any of them? Surely that was Farkes job. That could Surely undermine Farke and cause unrest among other players. Those players were no more prem class than anyone else..

I agree with you but then you get Todd saying they had no relationship and fans where saying he should 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On 17/10/2023 at 22:39, repman said:

If we were offered £4m for McLean we should've taken it and I think if it was a player who didn't have such a close relationship to the staff then he would've gone. Webber had no qualms about selling Howson in his first summer in charge. 

I agree, we’ve had the best out of Kenny and 4m would have helped with a wages for say a Lewis O’Brien on loan to replace him

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

I agree with you but then you get Todd saying they had no relationship and fans where saying he should 🤷🏻‍♂️

I would say all the players should have had their relationship with the manager. And the manager reports to the sd .

• Like 1

What would we give for a player of Cantwell's ability now? With the dog's dinner of a midfield we're putting out these days, we're crying out for someone who wants to receive the ball into feet and actually has the ability to take a touch and pick a pass. Instead we've doubled down on McLean and Hernandez who run around a lot but lack the skill and vision to create anything.

The mismanagement of the squad goes back to the summer of 2021 from which point every transfer window has weakened the squad. We should have been building around players like Cantwell rather than casting them aside. 

• Like 1

On 17/10/2023 at 22:39, repman said:

If we were offered £4m for McLean we should've taken it and I think if it was a player who didn't have such a close relationship to the staff then he would've gone. Webber had no qualms about selling Howson in his first summer in charge. 

I wasn't going to mention this when first reading it, as I always liked Howson.

But now that I think Howson is a cnut I will, he downed tools and forced a move to Middlesbrough, refused to train. Webber rated him and didn't want to sell him.

Feel sorry for him. Not one bit he is a young boy trying to be a man, a bitter little boy perhaps one day he will grow up

16 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I wasn't going to mention this when first reading it, as I always liked Howson.

But now that I think Howson is a cnut I will, he downed tools and forced a move to Middlesbrough, refused to train. Webber rated him and didn't want to sell him.

We absolutely do not know this to be the case! That’s Webbers side of the story, and no more.

On 16/10/2023 at 16:42, TheBaldOne66 said:

I tried to tell people at the time this was going on it wasn’t all down to Todd, A close relative of mine works with his sister and he’d told me what was going on in Todd’s life. Sadly, too many people were far too quick to judge saying he had a bad attitude, when he didn’t. 

Todd was treated awfully by Webber, but that’s no surprise as Webber is a horrible waste of oxygen.

People who worship God often are

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We absolutely do not know this to be the case! That’s Webbers side of the story, and no more.

Two of his teammates said that they were surprised with how he'd acted, including Russell Martin.

Really think Webber could lie publicly about a player like that without facing a mutiny? And if it weren't true why didn't Howson deny it?