Relegation seriously no chance, promotion/play offs seriously an impossibility.  But where could we end up, mid table for sure above or below mid table?  If we continue in this vein it will be lower.  Wagner cannot make us solid, the defence is error ridden and the midfield seemingly unable to assist.  As for our current fit forwards there are no goals coming from that direction.  The next two home fixtures are against two teams showing form as ours evaporates, two defeats appear nailed on.  And with our travails away from Carrow Rd points will be extremely difficult we shall fall away rapidly from the encouraging start.  Next possible points 5th Nov to hapless Blackburn on a terrible run but will it be again come Norwich yet again.

Getting rid of Wagner will not improve the squad, but may improve the tactics.  And will certainly improve my demeanour.

I know my stats I'll have you know.

Statistically speaking we've lost 4 games this season. If you translate that over 46 games we will have duck all points come May. Don't say it couldn't happen because when we go into administration and get docked 17 points it could.

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I know my stats I'll have you know.

Statistically speaking we've lost 4 games this season. If you translate that over 46 games we will have duck all points come May. Don't say it couldn't happen because when we go into administration and get docked 17 points it could.

They are great stats NN. 
Did you  know the average human has less than 2 legs? 
I’ll leave that with you . Got to paint a shed roof before the winter. 

PS best not to mention 1990’s game shows. Seems to rile some folk. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

7 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Good point Besty! I had indeed included Fulham. That makes the last 8 look better. 
Excellent !! I don’t feel quite so bad . 

Going up up up 

Just for the record there is of course a chance of relegation. Currently oddschecker has it at 100 to 1 or 1%. Thanks for pointing that out yellow rider

7 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

They are great stats NN. 
Did you  know the average human has less than 2 legs? 
I’ll leave that with you . Got to paint a shed roof before the winter. 

PS best not to mention 1990’s game shows. Seems to rile some folk. 

Hope you safely got down from that roof. You should have been ok. Statistics say that 31% of accidents in the home happen in the living room. 

34% of adults sleep with a stuffed animal, blanket or other sentimental object as their comfort object. So that's a little over one in three of this threads contributors. Who's going to own up to the cuddly blue tractor...

22 hours ago, graz said:

We're 7th in the table and playing c**p. I think we'll stay up 🙄

Without our first choice front 2, arguably our best CB and one or two others that'd give us genuine options in Nunez and Sainz.

13 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Fair enough. I was just adding that statistics can be made up to prove anything. Forfty percent of all people know that.

You are Priti Patel and I claim my £5.

• Haha 1

We are a shadow of our recent previous Championship sides, but still nowhere near a relegation candidate.

With personnel we currently have injured returning we will have more than enough.

Edited by Monty13

We look very unlikely to either go up or down. We look like a bang average mid table team making up the numbers. Boring in other words.

It is just possible we collapse like the tail end of last season and flirt with relegation but I doubt it- we did at least put some wiser older heads into the team. 

what we didn’t do was buy quality to boost the team. The older players look tired when playing more than one game a week - and performance then drops. Our CB are struggling against young quick attackers as at Plymouth 

Bottom line - a huge regression within five seasons and we can now pronounce that the opportunities we had to progress as a club were  wasted because smiths held on too long and the takeover is happening too slowly. We are now going through the doldrums again - closer to Roeder era than the Farke one. Plus ca change! 

with experience old players we should be at least competing - but I realised that buying these types of players don't always work- we need to build from younger players ie Rowe, even if we do end up in the lower half at least we can see ideas what the board are doing

On 08/10/2023 at 22:53, Monty13 said:

We are a shadow of our recent previous Championship sides, but still nowhere near a relegation candidate.

With personnel we currently have injured returning we will have more than enough.

Not so sure about that. Plenty of teams have been relegated with good players in. Once the momentum is in the wrong direction, it can be hard to turn it round.

What are the odds on a defeat to Ipswich in the home game in April being the result to send us down?  Doesn't bear thinking about.

4 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Not so sure about that. Plenty of teams have been relegated with good players in. Once the momentum is in the wrong direction, it can be hard to turn it round.

A new manager and a change of approach from the top should be enough to keep us safe this season IMO. The squads mid table, it just needs someone capable of achieving that in charge.

On 08/10/2023 at 12:50, hogesar said:

Yeah, it's a pretty new level of being melodramatic on this forum.

We are missing our two main forwards, our key signing in Sainz (Webbers words having watched him train with the group before injury), an option of adjusting the midfield with Nunez, and we are 7th.

And our home form has been good this season. Difficult games upcoming and so long as fans don't start supporting Leeds because Farke is their manager in a couple weeks time (looking at you Lakey) we stand half a chance. Ultimately we are on the same points as Southampton and 2 behind Leeds who both have significantly stronger squads than ours when it's fully fit let alone with the injuries.

Hmmm..