Sign in to follow this  
Besthorpe-48

A promoted team wins

Congratulations to Luton Town on being the first side promoted to the premiership to win a league game this season . 1 in 20 at this rate the 3 will have 5 more to celebrate by next May.

What a farce.k

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Congratulations to Luton Town on being the first side promoted to the premiership to win a league game this season . 1 in 20 at this rate the 3 will have 5 more to celebrate by next May.

What a farce.k

They haven’t been as crap as you’d think. Good luck to them. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Somewhere in his secret lair Garth Crooks is cursing the Luton win and vowing revenge.

What a pundit, miss Garth’s words of wisdom. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well done Wolves and Luton.

The managerial sack race will start soon...

How is the Watford manager still in place? 

Frightening how much the gap between Prem and Championship seems to be growing, when teams like Forest literally have to bulk buy on mass and still just about survive. It's not just us who can't compete, it's any club outside the established top... maybe 18 clubs in England

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Frightening how much the gap between Prem and Championship seems to be growing, when teams like Forest literally have to bulk buy on mass and still just about survive. It's not just us who can't compete, it's any club outside the established top... maybe 18 clubs in England

Fulham finished in the top half and Bournemouth survived reasonably comfortably in the end, in additional to Forest staying up with a game to spare, so it can still be done.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well done Wolves and Luton.

The managerial sack race will start soon...

Well done Gary O’Neill, Wolves now 5 places and 4 points above Bournemouth. 😂

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Fulham finished in the top half and Bournemouth survived reasonably comfortably in the end, in additional to Forest staying up with a game to spare, so it can still be done.

Yes but Fulham spent close to £200m building over a couple seasons just to do that!

13 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

I see this repeated over and over. Everyone knows that money is a BIG factor in the PL, but this is such a defeatist mindset. If we're gonna think like that, may as well stay home as we're only 'little Norwich'. Where is the spirit that years gone by defeated Bayern Munich on their own turf? Or when the almighty Man City got embarrassed by us - with lots of injuries - at Carra?

End of the day, it's 11 vs 11 and it boils down to which side as a collective wants it more.

Of course that isn't the way to bet, but football is full of surprises, sometimes we get lucky but most of the time you make your own luck, money or not. The bigger they are, the bigger the fall (Chelsea, MU) and the more money they have, the more complacent and spoilt they get. 

I watch football to see the talented players of the big teams, whilst enjoying and rooting for the underdogs who dare to upset the odds. Well done, Luton and Wolves.

Edited by mrD66M
'wilst'
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yes but Fulham spent close to £200m building over a couple seasons just to do that!

In modern Premier League football, spending £200m over three seasons is generally not enough for a top half finish; there are at least ten teams in the division with squads worth far more. 

Which goes to show not only how well Fulham did, but also how big the gap is nowadays. 

However, it can still be bridged, either by spending big or being clever, or a combination of both. 

It hasn't been officially announced, but it has been reported in the last couple of days that the Premier League and the EFL have agreed to sell their TV rights collectively from 2028 and the EFL will get 14.75% of that, and the profit-sharing proportion will be brought forward to next season. This would, if true, more than double the Championship TV income.

11 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Great scenes. That might be a lifelong memory for some of their supporters. I hope they stay up.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not sure why you're calling them a farce. Even less of a budget and size than us competing against the oil clubs? Good luck to them hope they do well

... Even if Luton itself is a bit of a ****hole

Always best to read the whole post which begins "Congratulations to  Luton Town"

The farce is the inequality of resources in the Premier League

For the record Luton are my local club and I have many mates who will be so pleased by that result just like me.

I have obviously arrived as a poster having been misrepresented by cc

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Always best to read the whole post which begins "Congratulations to  Luton Town"

The farce is the inequality of resources in the Premier League

For the record Luton are my local club and I have many mates who will be so pleased by that result just like me.

I have obviously arrived as a poster having been misrepresented by cc

Luton are also my local club too and having lived and worked in town for 20 years can completely agree, they don’t care what others think and will go about their business. Lucky not to get a draw v west ham And had two decent results v wolves and Everton 

and don’t worry your not the only one who has been misrepresented by ‘cambrigeshire’ canary; he’s a good lad but does tend to jump to the gun for dramatical effect 

3 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Luton are also my local club too and having lived and worked in town for 20 years can completely agree, they don’t care what others think and will go about their business. Lucky not to get a draw v west ham And had two decent results v wolves and Everton 

and don’t worry your not the only one who has been misrepresented by ‘cambrigeshire’ canary; he’s a good lad but does tend to jump to the gun for dramatical effect 

Thanks yobo good to know as a newbe here

On 01/10/2023 at 11:52, daisy said:

I'm just glad that Everton lost again, can't stand em.

Agreed...... however, we all know that Everton will be toilet right up till the end of April, then put an inexplicable run of results together to survive by the skin of their teeth...... AGAIN! 🤬

• Like 2

On 01/10/2023 at 21:25, Besthorpe-48 said:

Thanks yobo good to know as a newbe here

Where are you based mate? Me and fellow forum poster Pete been travelling to games this season from Stevenage if you’re ever short of a lift