Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Seems Russell Brands grifting days are over..

"The comedian and actor has been accused of rape and sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013, which he denies."

"Russell Brand worked on BBC radio programmes between 2006 and 2008 and we are urgently looking into the issues raised."

Where was he after the BBC?

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

"The comedian and actor has been accused of rape and sexual assaults between 2006 and 2013, which he denies."

"Russell Brand worked on BBC radio programmes between 2006 and 2008 and we are urgently looking into the issues raised."

Where was he after the BBC?

Can you just define for everyone Herman which broadcasting companies it’s ok to commit sex crimes at, because you seem to allow some and not others.

I

Wonder

Why?

6 hours ago, Herman said:

Just far more complex and with massive amounts of complicity in the media industry it's too simple just to use it as a BBC bashing exercise.

I've already answered that Buh.

Just now, Herman said:

I've already answered that Buh.

Bruh, defending the BBC from its massive back catalogue of being complicit in sex crimes over many decades is the worst look I’ve ever seen from you on here it’s got to be said.

Even they are going to investigate it 

…again…

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Are you capable of looking at the bigger picture or is simplism all you can do?

I just want to know why you love the BBC so much you’ll let their staff just commit sex crimes. 

kinda creepy my man

Edited by The Real Buh

I’m waiting for you to tell us all about how important local radio is

Ive got the radio Norfolk presenters rant about the BBC ready to go

12 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You didn't answer with crayon.

On an internet message board?

another big brain moment here from the off topic board faithful lol.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

On an internet message board?

another big brain moment here from the off topic board faithful lol.

I'm going to give you some helpful advice; people with the ability to make other people laugh don't need to put lol at the end of their own posts.

You'll get there one day, but you'll need to start listening to people like me.

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I'm going to give you some helpful advice; people with the ability to make other people laugh don't need to put lol at the end of their own posts.

You'll get there one day, but you'll need to start listening to people like me.

Who the hell is this guy?

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

3 o'clock in the morning & you posted this?

You need help.

Carpe diem 

bet you are still in bed

Russell Brand's existence had totally escaped my conciousness up until this whole thing kicked off. Easy to forget how the wretch managed to spread his manic and annoying behaviour through british mainstream media. 

An interesting social media take is that he has gradually worked his way to a 'right' leaning political stand-point in order to be able to take a Trumpian 'it's all a witch hunt' conspiracy defence.

I watched the Dispatches thing last night - I know there's an editorial reason the clips of Brand were chosen, but the guy's on-screen behaviour is not something that would be tolerated now, so what (allegedly) went on with the cameras off is of no surprise. I can't remember being that bothered about the whole Andrew Sachs thing, but watching that being re-played really disgusted me. If, there are more people coming forward as a result then there could be another wave similar to the Metoo movement and Weinstein. And too right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sold Out!!! OMG, this slime is the most unfunny and dubious 'comedian' I've ever had the displeasure to see on TV!

Far-Right?? Must be his Hammers terraces upbringing.

That anyone would want to go see a show called bipolarization absolutely amazes me. LOL!

image.thumb.png.bbbd0521cb6f3db0ac3ac3cfa81603fb.png

20 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

Sold Out!!! OMG, this slime is the most unfunny and dubious 'comedian' I've ever had the displeasure to see on TV!

Far-Right?? Must be his Hammers terraces upbringing.

That anyone would want to go see a show called bipolarization absolutely amazes me. LOL!

image.thumb.png.bbbd0521cb6f3db0ac3ac3cfa81603fb.png

Lets hope he gets heckled. Funny how we take it at face value when he says he was abused by a teacher but he is expecting us to believe all his accusers are liars.

Stuart Hall said the accusations against him were spurious and pernicious but pleaded guilty in court.

Edited by keelansgrandad

Considering how difficult it is for abusers to speak up (redid my safeguarding children stuff a few days ago and remembered that it was an AVERAGE of seven years before a report is made) and the low proportion of cases where a conviction sticks, I'll always be happy to hear about women in particular standing up and getting convictions to stick.

However, as I said before, I do think it's irresponsible journalism to name a suspect in such cases until the court trial is over. The jury's there to judge. Not the populace.

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Considering how difficult it is for abusers to speak up (redid my safeguarding children stuff a few days ago and remembered that it was an AVERAGE of seven years before a report is made) and the low proportion of cases where a conviction sticks, I'll always be happy to hear about women in particular standing up and getting convictions to stick.

However, as I said before, I do think it's irresponsible journalism to name a suspect in such cases until the court trial is over. The jury's there to judge. Not the populace.

But he broke the news before we knew about it.

I can't help but feel creatures such as Brand, Trump etc are symptoms of the entertainment industry social media malaise that has infested modern day politics. I really don't care about them and nor should anybody else.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2023 at 07:11, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seems everyones least favorite coke addict won't be talking about how wonderful Trump is and how he supports Russia like he tends to do for a while..

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/russell-brand-rape-sexual-assault-abuse-allegations-investigation-v5hxdlmb6

trial by media always start like this. Allegations, others jumping on the band wagon and social media artists putting out links with not much to say.

HAS HE BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED? in which case your kite flying here would have made sense, but you are just megaphoning and quoting newspapers who have forgotten what free speech is and why justice is not working for it. Remember Levensons report?

16 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

trial by media always start like this. Allegations, others jumping on the band wagon and social media artists putting out links with not much to say.

HAS HE BEEN ARRESTED AND CHARGED? in which case your kite flying here would have made sense, but you are just megaphoning and quoting newspapers who have forgotten what free speech is and why justice is not working for it. Remember Levensons report?

But the media has made several allegations over the years such as about Stuart Hall, Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris and were correct. If yu use the media to portray yourself, then don't be surprised that you are under scrutiny from the same media.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But the media has made several allegations over the years such as about Stuart Hall, Gary Glitter and Rolf Harris and were correct. If yu use the media to portray yourself, then don't be surprised that you are under scrutiny from the same media.

I'd like to agree but they've also had it wrong on occasion. John Leslie springs instantly to mind and despite the footage, Mason Greenwood wasn't tried / found guilty either.

Which is why I'm increasingly thinking they shouldn't report on allegations in such cases.

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

I'd like to agree but they've also had it wrong on occasion. John Leslie springs instantly to mind and despite the footage, Mason Greenwood wasn't tried / found guilty either.

Which is why I'm increasingly thinking they shouldn't report on allegations in such cases.

The Greenwood is confusing. He hasn't had to go to trial under curious circumstances. And even Leslie admitted after being cleared of criminal charges, that his behaviour had been inappropriate.