Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Takeover?

Whilst I've read some of the Mark Attanasio thread, (and I appreciate the knowledge and input of those wiser than myself), I am somewhat bemused by what exactly is happening.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to lay it out in concise, plain language?

I would be very grateful.

• Like 1

I haven't got a clue, but from what I can gather;

MA and Delia/MWJ want to get to a position of parity (40%) with regards to shareholding.

MA acquiring that many shares would, in normal circumstances, force him to make an offer to buy all the other shares at a certain level (I think the highest amount he paid for the ones he acquired?).

They want to vote through a waiver that means he doesn't have to make an offer for all the other shares.

Essex canary is very cross.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Zoe is paid too much.

Attanasio is trying to steal the food from minor shareholders and their heirs mouths.

Delia is going to make a massive profit.

None of the tawdry business would be happening if Ben Kensell was still here.

The away supporters membership scheme is a blatant cash grab.

The club will be selling official sticks.

Burnley are marvelous.

The City elite drummer willbe attending the meeting in order to keep the mood light.

And

Someone will reply to this thread saying 'do we really need another thread about this subject?'

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 10

55 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Zoe is paid too much.

Attanasio is trying to steal the food from minor shareholders and their heirs mouths.

Burnley are marvelous.

The City elite drummer willbe attending the meeting in order to keep the mood light.

And

Someone will reply to this thread saying 'do we really need another thread about this subject?'

Shows signs of improvement. Might just get a pass mark.

But Gordon Bennett can't we do a little better. Delia won't make a crystallised profit but Tom may well do so further down the line despite presenting himself as an Independent Director. Zoe and/or Delis ought to be ensuring that MA is properly briefed on the issues to ensure that he doesn't exploit minority shareholders. Ben Cansell might have done better but Andy Cullen or even Neil Doncaster would have done better still. No need for sticks if the Club were simply to update its policies and operate them in a fair way rather than just for cash grabs to fund excess wages. There certainly are other Clubs they could look at for examples of best practice.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Zoe is paid too much.

Burnley are marvelous.

And

Excellent summary! 👍😂

And for clarity where do we stand regarding Young Billy McMessi (Gilmour)?

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Zoe is paid too much.

Burnley are marvelous.

And

Any particular reason you have not mentioned Cambridge Utd, The Trust or the wicked Zoe Webber.

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Do we really need another thread about this subject?

You're welcome.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Whilst I've read some of the Mark Attanasio thread, (and I appreciate the knowledge and input of those wiser than myself), I am somewhat bemused by what exactly is happening.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to lay it out in concise, plain language?

I would be very grateful.

I don't think you are alone. A very brief summary would be that Attanasio has made some big loans to the club, because it has got into significant debt, and is on the verge of buying more shares so he and S&J have the same percentage. S&J stop being the majority owners but Attanasio does not take that role on. Yet.

They both have big minority holdings and for the next three years that will stay the situation, with them voting in lock step. After three years? And does Attanasio want all his big loans repaid? Does he want to become owner? Not clear. There are all sorts of questions like that, especially about money. But nothing in what is happening suggests he is cooling on the idea of taking over.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't think you are alone. A very brief summary would be that Attanasio has made some big loans to the club, because it has got into significant debt, and is on the verge of buying more shares so he and S&J have the same percentage. S&J stop being the majority owners but Attanasio does not take that role on. Yet.

They both have big minority holdings and for the next three years that will stay the situation, with them voting in lock step. After three years? And does Attanasio want all his big loans repaid? Does he want to become owner? Not clear. There are all sorts of questions like that, especially about money. But nothing in what is happening suggests he is cooling on the idea of taking over.

How mush do you reckon significant is?

In a couple of years we’ll all say “hey, remember Mark Attan..Attanaisio? Was that it? Wonder whatever happened there?”

This truly is the getting stuck behind a tractor on the A14 version of a takeover and I’m personally loving it.

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Zoe is paid too much.

Burnley are marvelous.

And

Post of the day Squit. No question. 

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

In a couple of years we’ll all say “hey, remember Mark Attan..Attanaisio? Was that it? Wonder whatever happened there?”

This truly is the getting stuck behind a tractor on the A14 version of a takeover and I’m personally loving it.

From my most recent experience, I suggest the A17 is more apt? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, East Rider said:

From my most recent experience, I suggest the A17 is more apt? 

Christ are we really now arguing about which road you're most likely to get stuck behind a tractor on? 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Christ are we really now arguing about which road you're most likely to get stuck behind a tractor on? 

I mean, I’d be willing to extend it to all heavy plant if that’s any better?

As from Jan 2026 MA could become the majority shareholder, but either way D&MWJ no longer are the majority shareholders.

MA also can put another person of his choice on the BOD.

My gut feel is the financial position of NCFC isn't going to improve in the next 12 to 18 months without Premier League football and no parachute payments, so things may change sooner than the next 28 months.