Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Hwang Hwatch (Saudi vs Korea)

Free on Fifa+.  Didn't realise that it was being played at St James Park.

Hwang, presumably won't have to have travelled to far with that and Wales being the destinations.

Link here for anyone interested - 5.30PM kickoff:

https://www.plus.fifa.com/en/content/korea-republic-v-saudi-arabia-international-friendly-live-stream-2023/63eb53d6-39a5-4404-8ea9-f75a3f443062

Not a clue on lineups, anyone?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Not watching. Is he any good?

If you put the words 'Diddly' and 'Squat' next to each other is quite descriptive of what he's done. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Google Bot said:

If you put the words 'Diddly' and 'Squat' next to each other is quite descriptive of what he's done. 

Same as against Wales then.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Same as against Wales then.

He had some movement to him vs Wales, but the game has gone all Saudi since he came on really.   Which is annoying as Korea was making chances before he come on... It's more a case of bad luck rather than his inability I think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Rated 77 on FIFA 23 🤣 

What is Sargent's rating as some kind of comparison?

I have No expectations for Hwang the guy has never played a single game in English footballer. To me anything he gives us is a bonus feels like a stop gap meat in the room type signing until Sargent is fit again.

39 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

What is Sargent's rating as some kind of comparison?

Sargeant 2

Edited by jaberry2

But according to Rob Butlers piece on Facebook the South Korean journalist thinks he’s “world class” so I’d ask if that’s the case why has he never played a game for Forest and why aren’t the big teams around the world after him 🤣🤣🤣

56 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Always great to write off players before we’ve even seen them kick a ball.  Way to go!

It's the way of things. Many did it with Teemu aswell. 

• Like 1

I don't see anyone writing him off but it's reasonable to have some expectation of him having been brought in to help cover for Sargent. It's a shame he didn't get more minutes on the pitch in those 2 friendlies but even then he hasn't even trained with our squad yet.

He comes with pretty good experience so hopefully the Championship should be easier for him to slot into. He needs to adapt to our style though not the other way round. I look forward to him playing some part against Stoke.

36 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

What, so every game should be played there? Or presume to be played there?

Get to f*ck you attention seeking bell.

Your posts are becoming an absolute embarrassment. 

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed buddy? Why so angry and hostile? Take a deep breath.

All I did was point out that the Saudi state owns Newcastle and so it makes sense for them to be playing at Saint James as they own the stadium.

Hopefully Hwang starts our next game upfront with Barnes in behind. He needs to be playing regularly to regain his form which he had at Bordeaux. I think he'll turn out to be a stand out player in a our team if he plays regularly from the start.

Personally I am quite excited to see what he brings he seems almost a throwback signing like a modern day Marc Libbra or Gaetano Giallenza or David Nielsen or Ulf Ottosson. Just seems a total random signing 31 year old Korean who has never played in England before.