Sign in to follow this  
paddycanary

That rocket from Robert Rosario

29 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Got sent this today. What a cracker! Don't think I've ever started a thread before. Cherry popped.

I'm somewhere in the crowd right behind the goal as a 14 year old kid, knew that was in as soon as he hit it, had the perfect view.

• Like 2

I was standing in the river end by the railings which separated the fans (why?).

Game finished 4-4 I seem to remember, what a cracker!

• Like 1

The only season I done every match home and away, pretty funded by a birthday, paper round and quid a week pocket money.  Pretty sure season ticket was about £36, maybe even less - I was a junior, and sure it was half the adult price which was £72 - anyone know for sure?

That season had so many great moments, I just wish we could view it in higher definition and get a good look at the crowd as you'd move around so much back then you got to know so many people being packed in so close to each other.

My memories of this goal was being caught unaware as he hit it, going nuts, and then the big lads at the back pushing forwards and us younger ones being pushed down - but it's not even evident on this footage, it doesn't even reflect what I remember, which was more like carnage.

This looks rather polite watching it back.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

I was at that game in the Barclay End.
I think it ended 4-4.
Ah, the old Barclay End, with the burgers swimming in hot water and a toilet block without a roof.

• Like 1

When I was travelling for a year, we couldn't decide where to start off in Argentina, I chose Rosario, because of Robert. It was an inspired choice!

According to posters on here the attendance was 143,681 that day. Amazing that everyone was there that day. No idea if I was, I was a Capital Canaries member in those days and attended most matches, but memory is failing me these days. So I won't lie and say I was there because  I have no clue.

Actually the 4-4 scoreline reminded me. I was there, with a good friend who was a Saints supporter. We had a day out in Norwich, we went to the match and our wives, both Filipinas, went shopping.

People often used to wonder why Le Tissier didn't play for England. I think it was this game when he decided to show off a minute before half time and ended up giving a goal away.