Sign in to follow this  
slaphead

Webber Wages

Just now, hogesar said:

Unfortunately there's a small subset of posters who think this forum is a place for them to state whatever they want, even if it's completely made up and fabricated, and have it sit here on the forum with no challenge. And if you do challenge it, you're being mean or offending or something.

The irony is they don't seem to realise me and you have disagreed on some (most? 😉 ) things over the years but have generally been respectful back and forth. If either of us have stepped over the line we've made up and continued. And from it we've had some decent discussions.

Hey me & you have probably had more disagreements than agreement over the years but I have the good grace to apologise or realign my opinions in the past when being wrong and pointed out! Just good manners. I don’t have any issue with people wanting more from the club we all want premier league football and trophies, but we’re not all going to be Man City lucky!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Who the hell do you think you are ffs? I don’t give a **** if you don’t like what I say, I’m not gonna change MY opinion to appease the likes of you or Indy, maybe you ought to just accept that I’ve got MY opinion, it’s different to yours and just move on. As other people have pointed out you just like to argue with people you don’t agree with. I don’t agree with a lot that you say but I don’t tell you that it’s garbage I just ignore it, maybe you ought to think of that instead of being so high and mighty for once! 

4FC3992C-6F7F-4A49-A4AC-FA696C79F0E6.jpeg

57 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Who the hell do you think you are ffs? I don’t give a **** if you don’t like what I say, I’m not gonna change MY opinion to appease the likes of you or Indy, maybe you ought to just accept that I’ve got MY opinion, it’s different to yours and just move on. As other people have pointed out you just like to argue with people you don’t agree with. I don’t agree with a lot that you say but I don’t tell you that it’s garbage I just ignore it, maybe you ought to think of that instead of being so high and mighty for once! 

I think your problem may be that others are using facts whereas you are relying on opinion. 

Facts can be a bit annoying sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I think your problem may be that others are using facts whereas you are relying on opinion. 

We need a fact hunt to assist.

• Haha 1

Just now, Greavsy said:

We need a fact hunt to assist.

I think that’s got to go to Nutty, Purple & Their inner circle………(I’m joking as emoji’s don’t work from the iPad on here!)

Just now, Indy said:

I think that’s got to go to Nutty, Purple & Their inner circle………(I’m joking as emoji’s don’t work from the iPad on here!)

Well Nutty won't see my post as I'm not deemed worth for his eyes......again.

I'm sure there are plenty of others on here.

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Downright pesky

21 minutes ago, Indy said:

Oi!

I'm not a fact hunt!

I've seen more meat on a butcher's pencil...

• Haha 2

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Oi!

I'm not a fact hunt!

I've seen more meat on a butcher's pencil...

One out of two aint bad. 😉 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Job for Deano ?

Good shout, wasn't shakey more suited to the criteria.

Let’s get back to the point of my post please.It was fact ,that Mrs Webber salary is as of today is £425.000.00 +£125.000.00 if motion is past .+Bonus of £525.000.00 if we get promoted to the premier league.Fact.Don’t care if it’s Mrs,Miss,Ms,Master,Mr or call me late for tea.The point is can my club afford that kind of money.We are told we can’t afford to compete with other clubs ie free signatures.Where will this people be when the s. t hits the fan .I’ll have a guess fast car out of the city.But I like 10,000s of city fans will left to pick up the pieces again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slaphead said:

Let’s get back to the point of my post please.It was fact ,that Mrs Webber salary is as of today is £425.000.00 +£125.000.00 if motion is past .+Bonus of £525.000.00 if we get promoted to the premier league.Fact.Don’t care if it’s Mrs,Miss,Ms,Master,Mr or call me late for tea.The point is can my club afford that kind of money.We are told we can’t afford to compete with other clubs ie free signatures.Where will this people be when the s. t hits the fan .I’ll have a guess fast car out of the city.But I like 10,000s of city fans will left to pick up the pieces again.

Ultimately yes - since its well below the median salary of high-level executives at similar sized companies. So if we want decent people this doesn't seem absurd?

3 hours ago, Indy said:

If I was so minded to bring in inconvenient facts I would mention that ten years ago McNally was paid a basic salary (so not including any bonuses) of around £700,000.

To be fair he was the fully fledged CEO whereas with the splitting of that role into two Zoe Webber’s job is not entirely comparable, but she is the nearest thing to a CEO.

And taking wage inflation into account if she now, ten years on, is getting a basic salary of less than £500,000 then, again, if I was so minded, I would suggest she is if anything being underpaid…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If I was so minded to bring in inconvenient facts I would mention that ten years ago McNally was paid a basic salary (so not including any bonuses) of around £700,000.

To be fair he was the fully fledged CEO whereas with the splitting of that role into two Zoe Webber’s job is not entirely comparable, but she is the nearest thing to a CEO.

And taking wage inflation into account if she now, ten years on, is getting a basic salary of less than £500,000 then, again, if I was so minded, I would suggest she is if anything being underpaid…

Oh purple,  some will be going purple with rage at that commonsense and factual post.

Keep it up.

Edited by Greavsy

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We don't know what Stu's basic is though and that would be needed to make a fair comparison to McNally. Besides I recall seeing one league table that suggests McNally's reward was pretty much up there with the big 6. Excessive is still my view and who is picking up the Corporate Governance baton which looks so poor in relation to the meeting papers. Logically that must be Zoe.

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Oh purple,  some will be going purple with rage at that commonsense and factual post.

Keep it up.

Perhaps the post is vacant at Dagenham which could explain the cheap tickets?

2 hours ago, slaphead said:

Essentially yes we can afford it.

We can't afford to sign the best players on 80k per week.

But we can afford to recruit the best in class in off the pitch positions where possible. It's a gamble if it's worth it but if we were to look at moneys received since the Webbers were in place vs previously and it looks a no brainer.

And no you won't have to pick up the scraps. When have you ever had to?

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If you were so minded....which of course you are not 🙃🙃

2 hours ago, slaphead said:

Let’s get back to the point of my post please.It was fact ,that Mrs Webber salary is as of today is £425.000.00

I do wonder what Attanasio's first thoughts were upon seeing the wages for husband and wife in critical positions at this club.  And how those positions, if there is similar, compares at the Brewers.

Not having a swipe at either, but it would be curious to know his initial thoughts.  As the husband and wife thing would ring alarm bells if you're coming in to a business neutrally and assessing it for it's worth and how it's being ran.

Edited by Google Bot

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If you were so minded....which of course you are not 🙃🙃

Quite so. Not a least since I need to get back to working on my mega-post detailing how every other poster here is always totally wrong about absolutely everything…

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Quite so. Not a least since I need to get back to working on my mega-post detailing how every other poster here is always totally wrong about absolutely everything…

Man after my own heart...

image.jpeg.71f002ad23cea70bd39272c6c5644e39.jpeg

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Essentially yes we can afford it.

We can't afford to sign the best players on 80k per week.

But we can afford to recruit the best in class in off the pitch positions where possible. It's a gamble if it's worth it but if we were to look at moneys received since the Webbers were in place vs previously and it looks a no brainer.

And no you won't have to pick up the scraps. When have you ever had to?

Which monies received? Are you referring to player trading? In some ways selling Omo at that price is good business. Then again it could still be said that the whole philosophy encourages too much player churn that isn't necessarily conducive to good team performance and still seems to get ploughed back into excessive wages. It is amazing how high those wages have been in aggregate relative to at least some other clubs. Burnley, Watford and Brentford being obvious examples when last in the Prem.

30 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Stop being factual Purple! This whole forum is apparently built on non factual opinions and if you don’t like it tough! As I’ve been told today!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Stop being factual Purple! This whole forum is apparently built on non factual opinions and if you don’t like it tough! As I’ve been told today!

There is plenty of factual information available at Companies House on the Wage bill of Football Clubs. Ours is hardly low in relation to comparable clubs. Burnley's records show marginally less in Wages over 10 years than us despite staying up in the PL for 5 of those years compared to our 0. 

29 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Which monies received? Are you referring to player trading? In some ways selling Omo at that price is good business. Then again it could still be said that the whole philosophy encourages too much player churn that isn't necessarily conducive to good team performance and still seems to get ploughed back into excessive wages. It is amazing how high those wages have been in aggregate relative to at least some other clubs. Burnley, Watford and Brentford being obvious examples when last in the Prem.

No, I mean all incoming money. Competition money (parachute payments), prem tv money, championship tv money, season tickets, player trading...

How do we compare to similar clubs? 

We have owners who would rank amongst the poorest in League One, yet here we are regularly battling out between second tier promotion and first tier survival.

And yes, Webber has achieved exceptional fees in some cases for players who've never proven close to their value (yet, admittedly).

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

There is plenty of factual information available at Companies House on the Wage bill of Football Clubs. Ours is hardly low in relation to comparable clubs. Burnley's records show marginally less in Wages over 10 years than us despite staying up in the PL for 5 of those years compared to our 0. 

Yes you banged on about our ambitious attempts to stay up! And get back up! Good for the club trying to keep the likes of Pukki, unfortunately the gamble didn’t work and now we are back to a level playing field in real money terms, owing £66 million to our new joint owner if voted in! But we have £40 odd million parachute money and £30 odd million player sales to cover the loan should this all go **** up! So yes the wages were very high! We got it!

We have lowered the salary payments to a manageable level and we have a board member who is being paid a wage comparable to her position in football, but you believe she’s over paid!

You’re not happy about not making a killing on your shares when in reality we all bought them back in 2002 to help us get up and enjoy some success with watching Hucks, while a generous fan paid his wages! 

We get your opinions and you’re welcome to them……I don’t agree.

Edited by Indy

On 10/09/2023 at 17:40, TheBaldOne66 said:

Whether you like what I said or not it matters not to me as I stated my opinion, which I’m fully entitled to I believe. You can disagree with it as much as you wish but it’s my opinion as I said and that’s what you asked for earlier. It won’t change whatever you feel, sorry. 

Edited by Nuff Said
Too harsh
  • Haha 1

Made a comment on this on page 1….. still no idea what to think re Mrs W’s bonus!   
So if we get promoted, she gets £525K!  Is that true?

So how does that help us budget wise and how does she deserve that?    Wagner and the players and coaches are primarily responsible for that outcome, Zoe has very little to do with that.    So why does she get such a bonus and how do we compete if we’re reducing our budget so significantly and frivolously on a promotion?