Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Andy O says goodbye.

I don't know whether this was a good business decision for the club, but on purely footballing terms it's a shame to see him go. I'm quite used to our best players leaving - it's part and parcel of supporting a club like this - but it's always better when you feel they've gone as far as they can with Norwich, and really need a new challenge. Thought that was definitely true of Max, but not for Andy: would loved to have seen him develop further here before he moved on. Obviously wish him all the best, and at least, unlike Max, he's gone to a proper football club.

• Like 3

Sorry to see him go if i am honest because as has been said would have enjoyed watching him grow into a decent CB here rather than Forest.

• Like 1

The last paragraph is telling and it is something the club should sell more. Coming to England is very different to going to London or Manchester etc…

It is a business decision I mean 20 million I don’t see how we get more than that unless we get promoted this year and then stay up the following with big Andy playing in both and that is littered with ifs 

It's good to see most of you on here disappointed to see him leaving and also he has gone before he reached his potential and helped our club. I can stomach,  Aaron's, Emi , Godfrey but for me this is the hardest,  selling a player before he really gives the fans something back is a new low. As a club we probably had to sell to ballance the books which I understand,  but it's not away to make the team more competitive.  

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I don't know whether this was a good business decision for the club, but on purely footballing terms it's a shame to see him go. I'm quite used to our best players leaving - it's part and parcel of supporting a club like this - but it's always better when you feel they've gone as far as they can with Norwich, and really need a new challenge. Thought that was definitely true of Max, but not for Andy: would loved to have seen him develop further here before he moved on. Obviously wish him all the best, and at least, unlike Max, he's gone to a proper football club.

The sad part is four years ago we were where Forrest are and the boot would have been on the other foot! Swings and roundabouts! Good lad sad to see him go, unlike others I rate him highly our best defender and no doubt must be as we sold him to a premier league club for more money than the rest our CB combined value!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Wish him well. I've just gotta feeling he won't develop into the player Forest require him to be so I think it will prove to be good business from us. Gibson seems a little more assured playing next to Duffy and Danny B should push Gibson as well and provide cover. Another good player in my eyes

25 minutes ago, Indy said:

The sad part is four years ago we were where Forrest are and the boot would have been on the other foot! Swings and roundabouts! Good lad sad to see him go, unlike others I rate him highly our best defender and no doubt must be as we sold him to a premier league club for more money than the rest our CB combined value!

Money plays a large part in how other teams have developed and we've stagnated rather than pushed on. Look at Brentford, Forest and Leeds (despite their current situation).

• Like 1

I hope he doesn't turn out similar to Godfrey (who hasn't failed yet as such, but hasn't really kicked on despite playing for England). I'd loved to have seen Godfrey and Omo develop fully at the club. 

• Like 1

He never really seemed like a first team player so doesn't feel so much a goodbye to me, anyone else get that feeling too?  I feel quite neutral to him leaving if I'm honest.

That's probably the biggest shame, that he went from promising player, to shop window, to gone.  I guess if he was a creative/attacking potential I would be feeling more gutted - but I just don't feel any kind of tie to him whatsoever.

He needs to get a look in to that Forest team this season, or he'll just be another that gets moved to the back if they secure prem status again, and a new wave of players get signed.

Edited by Google Bot
Incorrectly stated promotion
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

He never really seemed like a first team player so doesn't feel so much a goodbye to me, anyone else get that feeling too?  I feel quite neutral to him leaving if I'm honest.

That's probably the biggest shame, that he went from promising player, to shop window, to gone.  I guess if he was a creative/attacking potential I would be feeling more gutted - but I just don't feel any kind of tie to him whatsoever.

He needs to get a look in to that Forest team this season, or he'll just be another that gets moved to the back if they secure promotion and a new wave of players get signed.

I'd be inclined to agree with this.  Aside from the promotion bit  - but I guess you mean staying up. 

In a sense Forest have bought nothing more than potential - he has the physical tools to become a Premiership centre back but needs a whole load more experience playing alongside players that know what they are doing and I can't see him getting that at Forest.  It was evident at the end of last season that he is far from the finished article and I'm not sure it was the right move for him for that reason - the Premiership can be an unforgiving place for a young centre back, and if he gets his chance he'll have to do well to take it given their propensity for buying 20 players per  window ...

That said, we got good money for him - particularly considering where his is in terms of his career progression - and hopefully we already have one or more of the next Omo's already in the building.  Conversely, if he can fulfill that potential then Forest have a bargain. Cooper is a decent manager and it is good in a sense to see them investing in a player who isn't just a short term fix.  But it's a shame that we couldn't afford to turn down that sort of fee and see him develop here.

We get good money for him if he gets selected and Forest avoid relegation.

I was disappointed when Godfrey, Lewis, Aarons and now Omo all left, the fact they were defenders is neither here nor there. We were all gutted when Emi left but he very much wanted to leave as did Cantwell.

The question for me is who do we have left that is worth any money as they'll probably be the next ones to leave, possibly in January if promotion doesn't look on.

Wish him well, but agree with previous comment, never really got to know him. I walked past a huge iconic photo of him one game as we do and thought he’s no legend this is rather out of proportion. Perhaps Tomkinson is a better player, one I have watched. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

The question for me is who do we have left that is worth any money as they'll probably be the next ones to leave, possibly in January if promotion doesn't look on.

I think the production line of playing assets is still in relatively high gear. Sara, Sargent, Gibbs are all worth 8 figure sums already, Sainz, Nunez, Rowe, Placheta are close to that, with some exciting young defenders currently in the U21's. It is what the club does well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I hope he doesn't turn out similar to Godfrey (who hasn't failed yet as such, but hasn't really kicked on despite playing for England). I'd loved to have seen Godfrey and Omo develop fully at the club. 

I think he's a far superior player to Godfrey. Godfrey was a great athlete but he had no real footballing ability and was incapable of reading the game. Omo has all the physical attributes but also looks like he can play as well. I really rate him but it's tough at PL level especially in a lower PL team where he will need to be focused at every moment in every game. We'll see how he goes but would have loved us to have kept hold of him a bit longer.

• Like 1

Why are all footballers fairies now with all these stupid social media posts. It's life get over it and do what you're paid for.

2 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Why are all footballers fairies now with all these stupid social media posts. It's life get over it and do what you're paid for.

I'd much rather read stuff like this than the vile crap that people post online.  So I wouldn't say it's stupid for a footballer to put out a respectful post in front of many thousands of eyes, young minds are always feeding from what's in their eyeline.

• Like 3

On 05/09/2023 at 15:52, Google Bot said:

I'd much rather read stuff like this than the vile crap that people post online.  So I wouldn't say it's stupid for a footballer to put out a respectful post in front of many thousands of eyes, young minds are always feeding from what's in their eyeline.

I get the last line, young minds are always feeding from what's in their eyeline.... so everyone go to the Saudi league and get paid half a million a week 🤔. I get the appreciation post but its sooooo boring when a player leaves a club. If you are that grateful then stay 👀😂