Sign in to follow this  
Duncan Edwards

Those that didn’t renew

I know it’s VERY early in the season but are any of you guys having early nags of regret that you aren’t on board at this point?

Anyone enquired about a “half” ST yet? What would it take to get you back in the fold?

Of course it could all go **** up and then you’ll feel justified but is there even a hint of you missing your noses yet?

the only people I know who quit are ones like me years ago who cant afford the outlay in time more than anything else

a season ticket is a big commitment once you factor in work life balance 

after a while it becomes a drain or a chore

• Like 3

Wasn't there are journalist or something (writer) who made a public pronouncement of his refusal to renew as a protest? I can't recall his name.

Same old faces around me where I sit, so I think virtually everyone renewed?

I think committed NCFC STholders know what to expect and not expect by being a fan of our club. It goes with being a Norwich supporter.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet, we're not that lot down the road!

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

What a lovely day for fishing.

I have to agree , up and out early this morning, fresh Mackerel for late Breakfast, less than 2 hrs from Sea to plate. 

Duncano has his timing spot on  too.  Time n Tide waits for no man. 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Wasn't there are journalist or something (writer) who made a public pronouncement of his refusal to renew as a protest? I can't recall his name.

Balls! Richard ... 😀

• Thanks 1

Yes.I didn't renew but I have to be honest apart from a big financial saving I am questioning whether I am going to miss a good season.I shall have to rely on the TV instead

15 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Yes.I didn't renew but I have to be honest apart from a big financial saving I am questioning whether I am going to miss a good season.I shall have to rely on the TV instead

If this run of form continues there will be fewer and fewer 3pm Saturday afternoon  kick offs which as he has mentioned several times Nutty will be against.

Edited by TIL 1010

No chance half season tickets, bought one 20 years ago and didn't use it, not VFM there.

You can still get tickets as casual I have two for Stoke & Leicester.

I’ve not had a season ticket since 2017 and have zero regrets! I can chose to watch a number of different teams around me and I have to be honest been able to get tickets when I’ve wanted to.

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

If this run of form continues there will be fewer and fewer 3pm Saturday afternoon  kick offs which as he has mentioned several times Nutty will be against.

If this run of form continues we may also need a full orchestral percussion section....

9 hours ago, BarclayWazza said:

Didnt renew about 6 years ago. No regrets so far.

Good for you! Clearly don't enjoy football though 😅

Oh also LOL at the attention-seeking twitter posts photographing their season ticket refusing to renew unless Webber left 

The Webber who signed all those new players we currently sing about 😅😅😅

Its absolutely beautiful.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Oh also LOL at the attention-seeking twitter posts photographing their season ticket refusing to renew unless Webber left 

The Webber who signed all those new players we currently sing about 😅😅😅

Its absolutely beautiful.

Shame that when it comes to the Premier League his record in signing players is abysmal. 

The question should always be why! As a protest then there might be a tinge of regret! 
For me I started to question the cost, time and what I was getting out of it aster nearly 40 years of following (when not working or playing) this and Oxford clubs!

Sadly I get more pleasure out of my Saturday with just watching on tv or listening on the radio. Odd game here and there that I get to are a lot more enjoyable now! 

Each to their own, but I’ve also seen Lowestoft play and I love grass root football it’s so much more old school! 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Indy said:

The question should always be why! As a protest then there might be a tinge of regret! 
For me I started to question the cost, time and what I was getting out of it aster nearly 40 years of following (when not working or playing) this and Oxford clubs!

Sadly I get more pleasure out of my Saturday with just watching on tv or listening on the radio. Odd game here and there that I get to are a lot more enjoyable now! 

Each to their own, but I’ve also seen Lowestoft play and I love grass root football it’s so much more old school! 

I’ve been to a couple of Trawlerboys games last season. Honestly, the quality of the football is shocking as a ST holder at Norwich it’s just very little technical skill at that level and mostly physical hoof ball. Lowestoft finished top 2-3 last season and played pretty dire stuff, with hashtag utd winning the league because they actually played some football. Pains me to say it sadly, as have a lad I know playing for them (I won’t name him after slating the side 😂). 
The other totally off putting thing about going to crown meadow is the group of about 30-40 14 year olds that do little bursts of chanting the most foul racist/homophobic/idiotic shi*e as they clearly think that’s what ‘proper’ ultra fans do, parents onlooking mixture of pride, ignorance or even joining in. 
I’ve got strong links to Lowie and it pains me to have to see it as it is, but non league is no substitute whatsoever for my season ticket. It’s not even that cheap tbh! Once I’ve got a train there, queued for ages for a pie and got my ticket it works out a bit less obvs but not enough to sacrifice the quality of the spectacle and atmosphere. Pubs around there are complete crud as well, with the exception of the Stanford Arms which a little gem 

Edited by SwearyCanary

18 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Shame that when it comes to the Premier League his record in signing players is abysmal. 

Yeah I guess if you're one of those fake football fans who only cares about the prem it's a good job you didn't renew. Great decision on your part.

In the meantime we'll all enjoy singing about Johnny Rowe 😍

2 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’ve been to a couple of Trawlerboys games last season. Honestly, the quality of the football is shocking as a ST holder at Norwich it’s just very little technical skill at that level and mostly physical hoof ball. Lowestoft finished top 2-3 last season and played pretty dire stuff, with hashtag utd winning the league because they actually played some football. Pains me to say it sadly, as have a lad I know playing for them (I won’t name him after slating the side 😂). 
The other totally off putting thing about going to crown meadow is the group of about 30-40 14 year olds that do little bursts of chanting the most foul racist/homophobic/idiotic shi*e as they clearly think that’s what ‘proper’ ultra fans do, parents onlooking mixture of pride, ignorance or even joining in. 
I’ve got strong links to Lowie and it pains me to have to see it as it is, but non league is no substitute whatsoever for my season ticket. It’s not even that cheap tbh! Once I’ve got a train there, queued for ages for a pie and got my ticket it works out a bit less obvs but not enough to sacrifice the quality of the spectacle and atmosphere. Pubs around there are complete crud as well, with the exception of the Stanford Arms which a little gem 

They’re still there chanting! 😂

Exactly why I really enjoy going like I said totally grass roots and fun to watch!

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

They’re still there chanting! 😂

Exactly why I really enjoy going like I said totally grass roots and fun to watch!

Fair play, no judgement from me if you enjoy it. I just can’t stomach it so blatant and abusive. clearly there’s some at CR but it is diluted by general atmosphere. 

2 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Fair play, no judgement from me if you enjoy it. I just can’t stomach it so blatant and abusive. clearly there’s some at CR but it is diluted by general atmosphere. 

No the chanting has dumbed down tbh I didn’t hear any homophobic nor other bad taste chanting more a chorus of adolescents with varying voice pitch chanting while the rest were just watching the game…,

My enjoyment of grass roots is on the pitch, the players harder type of too ball and refs are more lenient a real throw back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah I guess if you're one of those fake football fans who only cares about the prem it's a good job you didn't renew. Great decision on your part.

In the meantime we'll all enjoy singing about Johnny Rowe 😍

Would make sense if the season I didn't renew was one of the ones after we got promoted. Nice try though.

Before that, had been going since 1988, ST for many of those years since.  Subsequently disillusioned with top end football as a whole and specifically our chances of even competing with an retired cook as owner. Will catch the odd game on a stream if I've nothing better to do and look out for the results but certainly no regrets in what I've "missed out on".

Keep clapping on.

3 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Would make sense if the season I didn't renew was one of the ones after we got promoted. Nice try though.

Before that, had been going since 1988, ST for many of those years since.  Subsequently disillusioned with top end football as a whole and specifically our chances of even competing with an retired cook as owner. Will catch the odd game on a stream if I've nothing better to do and look out for the results but certainly no regrets in what I've "missed out on".

Keep clapping on.

Sounds like we're both happy then. I get to enjoy football without miserable sods bemoaning the fact we aren't Man City and you get to do...whatever it is you do instead!

Keep whining on 

• Like 4

Something more exciting than living your life posting >20k messages on an online message board.  Infrequent visitor to here but can always rely on a prompt reply from you when the rod's dangled in the water

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sounds like we're both happy then. I get to enjoy football without miserable sods bemoaning the fact we aren't Man City and you get to do...whatever it is you do instead!

Keep whining on 

👍

3 hours ago, BarclayWazza said:

Not forgetting of course that wonderful appointment of our previous manager and his side kick.

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not forgetting of course that wonderful appointment of our previous manager and his side kick.

But also not forgetting the appointment of Farke and now Wagner (both criticised at the time, by the way)

56 minutes ago, BarclayWazza said:

Something more exciting than living your life posting >20k messages on an online message board.  Infrequent visitor to here but can always rely on a prompt reply from you when the rod's dangled in the water

👍

Well obviously I post on here far more than you, for one i've been registered here for years longer and secondly, I'm actually a Norwich fan that goes to games so I probably have a bit more to comment on as opposed to your infrequent whining. 

• Like 1