Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Lack of creativity!!

Those who argued with me that early pre-season games were demonstrative proof that we'd struggle to be creative this season...

Can we finally put to bed the concept that experts on here can predict the future based on pre-season?

I'll be kind enough not to tag any of you in..😊

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

To be fair, we being super clinical,  we're not actually creating much more than we're scoring....... :classic_tongue:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

To be fair, we being super clinical,  we're not actually creating much more than we're scoring....... :classic_tongue:

Don't even try it Ken 😅😅

• Haha 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

This is statistically true 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With Pukki on the pitch and our entire tactic being to longball it to him we sure had a lack of it.

Whoops, spicy contreversial statment there

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

With Pukki on the pitch and our entire tactic being to longball it to him we sure had a lack of it.

Only in so far as the OP is referring to preseason when Pukki had already left…. 

Standard idiotic post 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

This is statistically true 

Whereas watching the games demonstrates quite the opposite of 'statistically'

What is noticeable is how quick we attack. No longer the days of getting the ball outside their 18yard box them looking rather clueless. The days of the slow build up are over.

It is now a case of wham, bam thank you mam. We may not have a high success rate, but these attacks almost always lead to a shot - be it blocked, saved or wide/over the bar.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Those who argued with me that early pre-season games were demonstrative proof that we'd struggle to be creative this season...

Can we finally put to bed the concept that experts on here can predict the future based on pre-season?

To be fair we only created chances for 9 shots. Today we got 5 on target and scored 4. Another day we might have struggled to score. Due reference I think Huddersfield had about 16 shots

• Like 1

Just now, RobJames said:

Whereas watching the games demonstrates quite the opposite of 'statistically'

What is noticeable is how quick we attack. No longer the days of getting the ball outside their 18yard box them looking rather clueless. The days of the slow build up are over.

It is now a case of wham, bam thank you mam. We may not have a high success rate, but these attacks almost always lead to a shot - be it blocked, saved or wide/over the bar.

I was just being silly 

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

To be fair we only created chances for 9 shots. Today we got 5 on target and scored 4. Another day we might have struggled to score. Due reference I think Huddersfield had about 16 shots

Without any context, those numbers are relatively meaningless

4 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Isn’t to context we scored 4 goals and Huddersfield scored a big fat 0? 

9 minutes ago, AJ said:

Because we created high quality chances rather than lots of half chances, which requires a higher ability to create, only reinforcing my point.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RobJames said:

You mean something along the lines of a system that could somehow rate the chances created and convert it to a statistic that might suggest the number of goals that we could reasonably expect to score with those chances ?

Sounds eminently reasonable and something I'm sure the whole of this board could get behind ...

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

CC.......you get alot of stick .....some deserved .However this is one of your best posts....!!!

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Can I amend that and suggest we put to bed the concept that experts on here can predict the future based on anything?

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, AJ said:

Did you check out the respective XGs?

Let's be absolutely clear: we're four games into a 46 match season. So far we've hit the ground running in an incredible reversal of the form we saw at the end of last season. We're creating a good number of chances, very much counter to my fears/expectations but we also seem to be scoring a very high proportion of those opportunities.

It's far too early to tell whether this is just a positive blip which will shortly return towards the mean or if we're able to sustain these levels for a longer period. Remember also that our opponents are in the early days of their respective seasons and not necessarily representative of the likely challenges ahead.

In Farke's first Championship title winning season we were 17th after the first four games. That didn't turn out to be a great indicator of the season ahead. Let's hold our chickens and not count our horses until they hatch. 

No no please tag them! You have gripe go for it!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Let's be absolutely clear: we're four games into a 46 match season. So far we've hit the ground running in an incredible reversal of the form we saw at the end of last season. We're creating a good number of chances, very much counter to my fears/expectations but we also seem to be scoring a very high proportion of those opportunities.

It's far too early to tell whether this is just a positive blip which will shortly return towards the mean or if we're able to sustain these levels for a longer period. Remember also that our opponents are in the early days of their respective seasons and not necessarily representative of the likely challenges ahead.

In Farke's first Championship title winning season we were 17th after the first four games. That didn't turn out to be a great indicator of the season ahead. Let's hold our chickens and not count our horses until they hatch. 

What annoys me about this outlook is that if we'd have had a lacklustre start and had only picked up a couple of points, most on here would be wetting their pants and calling for all and sundry's heads. 

Huddersfield are a decent club and we trashed them today. We're second in the table. Just f**king enjoy it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

This is irrelevant because it applies to us just as equally.

It's not about getting carried away but simply watching what's in front of you in competitive matches which is far more relevant than the friendlies people were determined to say proved them correct 

OK I'm going to tag @Dean Coneys boots cos he deserves it 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Because we created high quality chances rather than lots of half chances, which requires a higher ability to create, only reinforcing my point.

Wagner this season has done a unbelievable job 

I didn’t want him , last 11 games were terrible, 

I could not see how he could turn it around and make us play half as well as we have ,

remarkable performance and coaching 

creativity and look like we can score and play so well 

• Like 1

Uh oh, you're going to mention xG again aren't you? :classic_wink:

Our only problems will come from bans or injuries it seems. We dont have much experience on the bench, especially in the striker or dc if odem goes.

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

What annoys me about this outlook is that if we'd have had a lacklustre start and had only picked up a couple of points, most on here would be wetting their pants and calling for all and sundry's heads. 

That's definitely not me. I've always said give it 10 games. I also said I'd be happy if the trajectory was right even if we were mid-table with more emphasis on style and cohesion than results and points.

I'm pleasantly surprised but not getting carried away. 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

That's definitely not me. I've always said give it 10 games. I also said I'd be happy if the trajectory was right even if we were mid-table with more emphasis on style and cohesion than results and points.

I'm pleasantly surprised but not getting carried away. 

Fair enough, but I don't see any reason for reservations based on what we've seen so far.

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Did you check out the respective XGs?

Xg is great, I'm just pointing out that against tougher teams hoping for a good conversion rate might not be enough

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hogesar said:

This is irrelevant because it applies to us just as equally.

It's not about getting carried away but simply watching what's in front of you in competitive matches which is far more relevant than the friendlies people were determined to say proved them correct 

OK I'm going to tag @Dean Coneys boots cos he deserves it 

I knew you could not, not tag them! 👍 love it go on tag the rest……Nice on Hogesar.

I’m absolutely delighted as I really like Wagner and been a big fan of Sarge and Idah, both have excellent qualities which are finally coming through! Barnes is a beast!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1