Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

🚨We have signed a defensive midfielder!🚨

There I was thinking we didn't sign those and they didn't fit into our new system.. Might only be a loan but still seems our wish has come true. Bit strange if he's into the academy if he's only a loan yet seemingly into the academy

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

Good news. Strange there is no option to buy mentioned, but who knows what is in the detail. 

12 minutes ago, NWC said:

Good news. Strange there is no option to buy mentioned, but who knows what is in the detail. 

From what I had previously it is just a 1 year loan with him initially joining the under 21's with the hope he can assist with the senior squad as time progresses. Plus why are we buying a defensive midfielder when we dont need one...crazy times. 😉

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 1

from the pink un article:

Norwich do not have a buy option but aim to run the rule over Lima with a view to exploring a potential permanent move next summer. 

The English-speaking youngster could now make his City development bow in Friday's Premier League Two game against Chelsea's Under-21s at Carrow Road.

After a period of initial adaptation with Alan Neilson's development squad, Lima will likely train with David Wagner's first-team squad with City's boss then given the opportunity to assess him.

All sounds very sensible. But McLeanophobes hoping for him to supplant the Mayor are going to be disappointed, at least in the short term

• Like 1

Nice to have another option when we need to shut up shop a bit better. Hopefully this lad can either surpass Gibbs quickly or forces Gibbs to raise his game a bit.

Good news. So both this guy and the other from benfica are for the development squad?

Edited by mrD66M

53 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Norwich do not have a buy option but aim to run the rule over Lima with a view to exploring a potential permanent move next summer. 

So, to clarify - a chance to purchase but no option to buy

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

So, to clarify - a chance to purchase but no option to buy

I think they'll review at the end of the season subject to how he settles. 

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

I think they'll review at the end of the season subject to how he settles. 

Ok. So, no option to buy, BUT an opportunity to acquire

• Haha 2

Unsure how much you're joking @GenerationA47, but I think the distinction is that with an option to buy, the player is ours if we want him (ie the selling club have already given permission), but in the current case, we would need to go back and negotiate with Palmeiras at the end of the season: we might want to sign him permanently, but they still have the right to keep him at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

There I was thinking we didn't sign those and they didn't fit into our new system.. Might only be a loan but still seems our wish has come true. Bit strange if he's into the academy if he's only a loan yet seemingly into the academy

Your post would make sense if he was a traditional CDM but if anything he seems ideal for the double pivot position that exists in our system. 

How did you manage to get that wrong just announcing a signing?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Unsure how much you're joking @GenerationA47, but I think the distinction is that with an option to buy, the player is ours if we want him (ie the selling club have already given permission), but in the current case, we would need to go back and negotiate with Palmeiras at the end of the season: we might want to sign him permanently, but they still have the right to keep him at that point.

Thanks.. I was indeed completely joking. So “option to buy” is shorthand for “exclusive option to buy” . I did wonder 🙂

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Your post would make sense if he was a traditional CDM but if anything he seems ideal for the double pivot position that exists in our system. 

How did you manage to get that wrong just announcing a signing?

Blame Wikipedia.

pedro.jpg

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Blame Wikipedia.

pedro.jpg

I mean, I'm not sure you can use Wikipedia as evidence when you've obviously just updated that page yourself.  No one else is so quick off the mark.

• Haha 4

I like the look of him, be interesting to see what or if there's some kind of long-term plan involved.  It only takes an injury or two and he'll be in the squad with the size of the bench nowadays.

Good luck to the lad, seems pretty driven and physical.

Ballsy move for a young player, this. If it goes wrong it's the kind of thing that can really weaken his chances of getting into English football as other clubs could think "well, he was at Norwich for a bit but at the end they didn't really rate him".

1 hour ago, TheGunnShow said:

Ballsy move for a young player, this. If it goes wrong it's the kind of thing that can really weaken his chances of getting into English football as other clubs could think "well, he was at Norwich for a bit but at the end they didn't really rate him".

The flip side is that even if we don't fancy him, someone else might, especially if he played well against that team's Under-23s.

3 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The flip side is that even if we don't fancy him, someone else might, especially if he played well against that team's Under-23s.

Sorta the "Josh Martin" method, and as it's shown, it didn't really work.

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Well, it got him contracts. He was just not quite good enough to make it.

Stay of execution, really - and he was from Arsenal so could say he fell short at a genuinely top club.